PDA

View Full Version : Advertising run amok - there's an ad on my fortune cookie!!!

JediTricks
06-29-2004, 08:17 PM
I recently had some chinese food from down the street and when I got home, I popped open the fortune cookie. After reading my crappy fortune, I noticed that the lottery numbers were on the front as well. I wondered why they moved the numbers to the other side, so I flipped it over and found an ad selling a screenplay pitching company, as well as a URL for the company that sold them the ad. I found this terribly funny and absurd, but apparently this is some national company that is doing this in a bunch of cities across the company.

What next, stamping advertisements on fruit? Oh wait, we already have that. Advertising has truly run amok - the average American sees approximately 117 ads a day now - and it strikes me that the more ridiculous they get with this advertising, the more I treat it like gum on my shoe: I don't care what brand it is, I just want it away.

sith_killer_99
06-29-2004, 08:56 PM
I recently had some chinese food from down the street and when I got home, I popped open the fortune cookie. After reading my crappy fortune, I noticed that the lottery numbers were on the front as well. I wondered why they moved the numbers to the other side, so I flipped it over and found an ad selling a screenplay pitching company, as well as a URL for the company that sold them the ad. I found this terribly funny and absurd, but apparently this is some national company that is doing this in a bunch of cities across the company.

Hahahahaha...

I love those LA stories JT....pushing screenplays in fortune cookies!!! :D

plasticfetish
06-30-2004, 03:09 AM
so I flipped it over and found an ad selling a screenplay pitching company, as well as a URL for the company that sold them the ad.
Whoa... brilliant! (Hey, PM me with that companies URL if you have it.) S***w promo-cards, I want fortune cookies that I can mail out.

JediTricks
06-30-2004, 09:38 PM
www.fortunecookieadvertising.com I think.

Kidhuman
06-30-2004, 11:25 PM
That is absurd. Funny, but absurd.