PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Lightsaber Size?

ZachAttack
06-30-2004, 09:34 AM
I have a strange request. Well, I guess its not really strange... maybe. Anyway, does anyone have a picture of a person HOLDING one of the .45 Scale Lightsabers? I have seen pictures of the scale lightsabers next to the regular sized replica, but since I dont have the normal size one it is hard for me to judge the size. I am thinking about getting one (or all three) and would like to see the size in relation to a person's hand. If you could help I would appreciate it!

[DSS]Pedr0
06-30-2004, 06:24 PM
As long as a credit card. Sorry, I dont have any pics.

ZachAttack
06-30-2004, 07:22 PM
Wow, that is VERY small, much smaller than I thought, maybe its not worth the 35.00!

Jayspawn
06-30-2004, 10:15 PM
I'm passing on all the mini-lightsabers. To me, they're less than half as good as a full size replica. If I'm gonna get a lightsaber -I'm gonna get a real lightsaber.

dgauci5
07-01-2004, 02:46 AM
I've purchased each of the mini-lightsabers and am quite pleased with them. They are very nice.

ZachAttack
07-01-2004, 12:07 PM
Well on my budget, its about all I can afford! I am still thinking about it. My birthday is coming up so maybe I'll ask for one as a gift. I think they would make really cool display pieces on my desk so Ill have to see!

mini-rock
07-01-2004, 07:12 PM
Yeah the mini sabers are great if you are on a tight budget, and still want to own a great piece from SW that's better than anything Hasbro could ever hope to put out. :)

mini-rock
07-01-2004, 07:39 PM
BTW, anyone gonna shoot for the MR Convention Exclusive?

http://sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&opt=enlarge&id=30361

[DSS]Pedr0
07-01-2004, 07:53 PM
Yea, I'm going witha few people, I will try for 5. Gotta get them to the kiddies you know. (me too) :D

Jayspawn
07-24-2004, 03:53 PM
Damn! Until today I've been successful at boycotting the mini-lightsabers.

I went into Media Play today to check out new stuff and I come across the new Obi-Wan mini-sabers. I pick one up to just take a look when I find a GOLD lightsaber! Couldnt pass that up! And only $30.99 too.

mini-rock
07-26-2004, 03:07 PM
That's pretty cool! Feeling a bit like Charlie when he found the gold ticket are we? ;)

Jayspawn
07-29-2004, 12:04 AM
Haha, yeah pretty much.

gsr-jedi
07-30-2004, 12:00 AM
Gold??? Is there some special sort of gold version of these or something?

mini-rock
07-30-2004, 01:22 AM
Gold??? Is there some special sort of gold version of these or something?

Yeah, there is a gold version of each of the scaled hilts released except the convention exclusive. You can check out Luke's below.

http://www.brianstoys.com/acatalog/Master_Regular2.html

gsr-jedi
07-31-2004, 01:05 AM
Wow, that's an interesting concept.

ZachAttack
08-07-2004, 10:31 AM
So I did it. I finally bought the Obi-Wan Scaled Saber. I saw it in Suncoast yesterday and knew that I had to have it. Despite them being smaller than I originally thought, I am really impressed and want them all! Bring on the Sith collection!

JediLip
08-07-2004, 06:32 PM
I love these little guys. I prefer the full size of course, but I already have the full size versions so these are just icing on the cake.

http://homepage.mac.com/jedilip/.Pictures/mini1.jpg

Jayspawn
08-11-2004, 03:12 PM
While I'm still not wild about the mini sabers. I walked into Media Play today (on my weekley stop) and found 1 Luke among the few Kenobi sabers sitting there. And to my supprise? Its a GOLD saber! This makes 2 gold mini lightsabers for me. I'll be set if I find the gold Mace.

RussUAE
06-28-2005, 08:44 AM
I have a strange request. Well, I guess its not really strange... maybe. Anyway, does anyone have a picture of a person HOLDING one of the .45 Scale Lightsabers? I have seen pictures of the scale lightsabers next to the regular sized replica, but since I dont have the normal size one it is hard for me to judge the size. I am thinking about getting one (or all three) and would like to see the size in relation to a person's hand. If you could help I would appreciate it!

I've also been looking around the enitre internet to get a picture of one of these with some size reference.

Someone said the size of a credit card, but then the MR site seems to suggest about 5 inches - or is that for the display stand?

Cheers

slothfurnace
06-28-2005, 10:45 AM
Oh they're bigger than a credit card,, my Vader mini is more than 5 inches long, and HEAVY.

Love these things.. the first one I got on a whim ended up being Gold. I was hooked after that.

nash
06-28-2005, 10:45 AM
they range from a little over 5 up to 6 inches in length, depending on whos saber it is. IE. sidious and yodas sabers are small so they will be maybe 3-4 inches. They are all exactly .45% of the Original saber size. Just look at 5 1/2 inches on a ruler and there u go dude.

pmrjulio
06-28-2005, 02:31 PM
I agree. I've seen some pictures of the Sidious one side-by-side with a Chapstick and they are almost the same size. But most of the others are about 5-5.5" long. I think that the longest (excluding the new Darth Maul mini) is the Dooku's one, due to its curve shape and the metal prong in the front. It is almost 6".

They are about 1/2 to 1" thick.