PDA

View Full Version : OTC Slave 1 w/ Boba Fett at Target!!

Beast
06-30-2004, 05:33 PM
Wow, it really looks nice looking. I'm glad they repainted and redecoed version of the EII Slave 1. I can't wait to pick this one up, it really will kick the arse of the old version. I wish they would have packed in a Carbonite Block with it also, even though this one doesn't have the storage area to accomidate it. The addition of the 300th Fett is a nice touch as well, especially for those folks who still need one. :)

3 Classic Slave I with Boba Fett Exclusively at Target this fall!

The elliptical silhouette of the Slave I is the last thing any fugitive would want to see on his or her rear sensor display. The Slave Is sophisticated anti-detection gear and stealth package ensure that very few fugitives ever see their captor coming. The vessel is armed with numerous laser cannons, as well as concealed projectile launchers. The battle-worn vessel was originally owned and piloted by Jango Fett, who passed on his impressive skills to his son, Boba. Shortly after the Battle of Hoth, Boba pilots the Slave I in pursuit of the Millennium Falcon, successfully tracking the Falcon to Bespin.

Inspired by its appearance in The Empire Strikes Back, the Target exclusive Slave I comes with bounty hunter pilot Boba Fett (including his blaster and backpack), 8 missiles, and these exciting features:

Secret-reveal multi-missile launcher
Opening canopy with room for Boba Fett figure
Positionable stabilizer wings for flight and landing modes
Pivoting laser cannons
Weapons rack for 4 additional missiles
Be sure to visit your local Target this fall to get the Slave I with Boba Fett!
http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.headlines/id.1066/dn/default.cfm

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Grievous
06-30-2004, 06:07 PM
Yeah, this is cool. However, how many times are they going to try and sell this Boba Fett? This is the third time he's been out (unless I'm forgetting something?). Oh well, I wasn't expecting a pack-in figure in the first place so I guess it's a nice touch. Better than them putting in the 1996 Boba Fett, at least.

B'Omarr Monkey
06-30-2004, 06:33 PM
Is that Boba Fett able to sit in the Slave I? It's one of the few figures I've never opened, but his leg stance seems to wide to allow him to sit inside.

It looks great though.

Grievous
06-30-2004, 06:39 PM
Is that Boba Fett able to sit in the Slave I? It's one of the few figures I've never opened, but his leg stance seems to wide to allow him to sit inside.

It looks great though.
Well, the toy is designed so the pilot is standing up. But I've put this Boba in the Jango ship, and he fits, but only without his jetpack.

B'Omarr Monkey
06-30-2004, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the info, JabbaJohn. I figured the backpack had to come off.

dindae
06-30-2004, 09:33 PM
I'm fairly neutral on this. I will pick it up but it isn't "gotta have".

Kidhuman
06-30-2004, 09:57 PM
Gotta get this one for me. I think it looks awesome. I just hate the fact that it is exclusive.

Ji'dai
06-30-2004, 10:18 PM
It looks awesome and would be hard to pass up even if I already have the vehicle and figure. Nearest Target is over an hour drive so I'll probably miss it anyway.

Hellboy
06-30-2004, 11:38 PM
Looks nice, I like the box design. I planned on getting it with or without the addition of the Fett figure. I'll probably use another figure in the cockpit though.

Has anyone heard how much this will retail for? $30 maybe?

JediTricks
06-30-2004, 11:52 PM
This looks pretty nice, and I like that they added new bits to the original AOTC Saga version (though the ones here are all gimmicks shown in AOTC). I think it's weird that they didn't mention the spacial charges though, maybe they took that gimmick out and put in a compartment (hope hope hope - those charges are way too easy to accidentally trigger). This is gonna be the 4th time we get this Fett, if you count the Silver versions. I bet his backpack will peg into the back wall behind the pilot just like on the Saga version. I like the packaging, it looks slick, but I fear that with this rather large packaging, pack-in figure, and exclusivity, I think this set will be upwards of $40.

B'Omarr Monkey
07-01-2004, 02:54 AM
All I know is that I'll have to pick this up when my wife isn't with me. Otherwise I'll have to hear her refer to it as "the dustbuster" again. :rolleyes:

LTBasker
07-01-2004, 03:52 AM
Wow that is really nice looking, I may have to pick up one just to keep in box for display purposes. One thing about the jet pack though- does he even have one? There's nothing sticking up behind the cape, so maybe they're gonna leave it out so you don't have to worry about him fitting in the ship or not?

JEDIpartner
07-01-2004, 09:42 AM
It's really a nice looking piece. I'll pass on it, though. It doesn't ahve anything additional on it for me to think it's amazingly special.

ZachAttack
07-01-2004, 12:11 PM
I'll probably pick it up when it comes out. Who cares if I have three Slave Ones?? It all stems from my love of everything Fett...

Agent23
07-01-2004, 12:39 PM
I definitely would like to get this one. I just hope the scalper's don't snag them all. :mad:

aceguide
07-01-2004, 02:02 PM
The packaging is too cool.

However, as I have 2 slave I's sitting around this will be a difficult purchase to justify.

Accordning the Hasbro he does come with the backpack.

Now, if they had packed in a Boba pilot I might have been swayed...

Old Fossil
07-03-2004, 12:06 AM
All I know is that I'll have to pick this up when my wife isn't with me. Otherwise I'll have to hear her refer to it as "the dustbuster" again. :rolleyes:

Too funny! I'll never look at the Slave I in the same way again.

Hope I can find this online this fall. The nearest Target stores to me are each a two hours' drive.

plasticfetish
07-03-2004, 01:27 AM
Ouch. This thing sucks! ;)

I was only gonna buy one for the kid for X-mas ('cause he's been asking for my loose POTF2 one for ages, but can't have it) but now I may have to get a second for myself to keep boxed.

Hmmm, maybe I should just give him the old one now instead. :sur:

JediTricks
07-03-2004, 03:09 AM
The cool thing about that box, it looks like it's compact enough to take Slave I out of and put it back when you're done playing (the wings on the Saga Slave I come off easily enough, so I don't think removing the starboard wing for that sort of re-storage will be a problem).

sluray
07-09-2004, 01:54 PM
That is awesome! I cannot wait until that comes out. That is better than all the previous Slave 1's that was released. I will get two of them. :)