PDA

View Full Version : New Wave of Star Tours figures?

dindae
06-30-2004, 10:24 PM
Just browsing ebay and saw this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5907213794

don't know how valid this is but figured I would throw it out here.

B'Omarr Monkey
07-01-2004, 01:31 AM
He says he has them on hand, and they look pretty legit. I like this set, they look a little cartoony for the SW Universe, yet still seem to fit in.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-01-2004, 10:26 AM
they don't look like anything hasbro would have made! And I don't remember seeing any of those on the ride here in Anaheim?

I dunno, they look real fake to me, but I've been known to be wrong from time to time.

;)

dindae
07-01-2004, 03:33 PM
Looks like SirSteve has verified this one for us. So are the Hasbro rules of silence broken if someone puts it on ebay? Is there a clause about pictures?

Deoxyribonucleic
07-02-2004, 12:27 AM
Those are hideous then and won't be joining my collection! Jeeeez, they look like the cheap plastic space toys I bought in the early 70's :ermm:

Bleckkkkkkkk!

mastermatt24
07-02-2004, 02:28 PM
....... I have to go to Disney Land AGAIN?????? :cry:

jonthejedi
07-03-2004, 04:41 AM
I've seen the guy with the tank tread bottom at Disney/MGM in Orlando, FL. I took 2 pictures(sorry, I don't have a scanner) of him when I attended Star Wars Weekends in 2003. He's at the left side bottom of the initial ramp across from the Starspeeder & C3PO...hooking up a power coupling. I don't know about the other two. Most of what I saw scattered about were variations of R2 & R3...but who knows?

jonthejedi
07-03-2004, 04:44 AM
I'm mixed on the quality of these new droids. Like I mentioned, I saw the "Johnny 5" droid, and his complicated series of little gizmos, rotors and especially wire configurations make him a hard capture in plastic. It's why they look so 50's retro.

B'Omarr Monkey
07-03-2004, 12:20 PM
....... I have to go to Disney Land AGAIN?????? :cry:

And when you do, please let me know.

THE Slayer
07-04-2004, 07:46 PM
Have they made a TEEK yet? I remember awhile back someone said that the Star Tours line would be the best chance of getting that figure!
Because not only do i want a TEEK, i NEED a TEEK!!!!!!!!!

jonthejedi
07-05-2004, 03:45 AM
No. I don't think there's much chance of seeing characters from the Ewok TV movies...even though Teek was used in the pre-flight orientation movie.

BoShek
07-05-2004, 02:38 PM
I don't see pics. Can someone post them?

jjreason
07-05-2004, 05:01 PM
The easiest way to the pictures is clicking the "home" button right underneath the site logo (top left corner). The pics of series 4 are the most recent headline on the front page.

They need to cut this series off. I hate being bothered by trying to track down these sub-par figures - repackage some regular damned figures and sell them at the theme park already. They're not worth the extra money and or trouble. :mad:

Hellboy
07-07-2004, 10:59 PM
I totally agree with ya Reason.

These are becoming rather bothersome. Especially when you consider the quality, which seems to be waining with this wave, you've really got to ask yourself, do I really need these? Probably not but I'm a sucker and I'll most likely bite again. :stupid:

Tycho
07-12-2004, 02:29 AM
I want to fill up my sandcrawler with these kinds of cool extras. Plus they're cute like the Playskool stuff is cute and I'm a sucker for that. I think that's why maybe I'd like a Teek too. Was it really Teek in the pre-flight video? That's who he is?

Well, I was thinking that these droids could also be used in my Coruscant street scene as extras during the Anakin - Zam speeder chase. Couldn't they?

I have pictures of two of them unpainted. Anyone have pics of all 3 loose? There are 3 not 2 right?

BTW: I have 2 extras of the bird one SZ-whatever if anyone wants them. PM me.