PDA

View Full Version : Rebel Transport in Mos Eiseley?

vader121
07-06-2004, 03:37 PM
I was watching ANH and noticed something I didn't before in the Special Edition.
When Luke, Ben, R2, & C3po first enter Mos Eisley, and there is the scene where the new robot is scene (name I forget), in the background it looks like a Rebel Transport. Check it out and let me know your thoughts.

JEDIpartner
07-06-2004, 03:47 PM
Yeah... the shot of the ASP-7 has that type of ship in the background. The rebels pretty much used whatever type of vessel they could get their hands on. It was probably just the same make and model... like a Ford Mustang convertible or anything like that would be.

Veers
07-14-2004, 09:27 PM
I know Dash Rendar's Outrider was in the scene. Did not hear about that Rebel Transport being in there.

JediTricks
07-15-2004, 07:38 PM
Vader, do you mean flying off in the sky or the crashed hulk on the ground?

If it's in the sky, I wouldn't be surprised. The rebels' transport from Hoth was probably just a generic commercial cargo ship, the rebels generally didn't have their own technology beyond the fighters. It'd make sense this way, generic and recognizable cargo ship leaving a spaceport, like seeing a big rig truck driving out of a shipping yard.

If it's the new crashed ship in the middle of Mos Eisley, I suspect it was put there because they already had the digital model and it was easier to crash it up and insert it rather than make something new. That's what they did with the Ronto, it's just a Brontosaurus computer model made for Jurassic Park.

vader121
07-19-2004, 09:56 AM
I mean the ship on the ground that shows in the background when they show the Landspeeder gang enter Mos Eisley and Asp-7 is in the foreground.

JEDIpartner
07-19-2004, 10:42 AM
How could you people not have seen it? It is SO bloody obvious... albeit a bit rusty looking.

ASP-7 picks up the rods, the little TTL-8 (or whatever it's called) comes by, the ASP-7 smacks it to the ground. The landspeeder enters the shot. The camera pulls back and there's the ship as the speeder continues down the street. The next shot is, I believe, the ronto/biker shot.