PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart resets

Kidhuman
07-08-2004, 07:13 PM
Well, I was in Wal-Mart today and they had the OTC figures out.I asked the employee if they had more in the back. She told me that the only ones they had in the back were Saga figures. She also told me that in 2 weeks they are starting the resets for X-mas. So start looking for SW clearances on older Saga figures, as I was told, and also more peg and shelf space for the OTC and VOTC figures.

Agent23
07-08-2004, 11:07 PM
Nice, hopefully I can find some of the ones I need to plug the holes in my collection.

I love the OTC Line. Star Wars Forever!

sluray
07-09-2004, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the information.

vadersvette
07-10-2004, 12:26 AM
Sweeeeet! I've noticed that my Wal-Mart has been putting old 2003 figures on the shelves lately (I'm finally filling in my collection after last year's distribution nightmare :dead: ) Looks like they're clearing out the stock room for OTC :sur:

Agent23
07-10-2004, 04:00 PM
I saw a few of OTC figures at Walmart yesterday, included:

Chewbacca, Han Solo, Spirit Obi-Wan, Luke in Dagobah, Yoda in Dagobah.

Picked up the ones I didn't have yet: Han Solo, Chewbacca and Obi-Wan. :classic:

Mad Slanted Powers
07-11-2004, 12:44 AM
Seems like my Wal-Mart has had absolutely nothing there for much of the year. They finally got some newer figures in recently. There were a lot of them still there on Wednesday. Mostly Tatooine and Yavin wave figures. Only OTC stuff I've seen is some vehicles at TRU - X-Wing, TIE and Darth Vader's TIE. They also had the new Jedi Council Scene 1.

Val Da Car
07-11-2004, 09:48 AM
I went to my WalMart last night/this morning and they still had the Saga stuff up so I went to go ask an employee while she was unpacking pallets of toys if there were any new Star Wars figures.

She went to the next pallet and some smelly HW collect was already in the two boxes marked "Star Wars Action figures" plucking out four from each box and he said I found the ones I need!

What a JERKFACE!!

The nice WM employee said that they don't have a place yet for the OTC stuff at my store and caught the same scalper looking through other boxes on pallets earlier this week.

She then let me and my brother look through them and I ended up getting the OTC Cloud car pilot and Dabgobah figs.

The SW figs in the WM by me is next to seasonal when has been converted to School stuff already (which means they have done the Christmas reset already.

I will look at other WM's in the area to see if the same thing is happening yet.

Kidhuman
07-11-2004, 09:52 AM
No Val, it is the school reset, X-mas is totally different, they get more stuff in and clearance alot of toys that hagve been sitting around. 2 completely different resets

Val Da Car
07-11-2004, 10:36 AM
Ok so the reset now is for school stuff and around early August should be the major seasonal reset for the Holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving & Christman) to use the same areas, right KH?

Silent Chazz
07-11-2004, 11:34 AM
I wish my Wal-Mart was up to the times. If you'll remember in the past "Bash-Walmart" kind of threads, I said the only new wave my Walmart got this year was the Hoth Wave? Well, after I cleaned them out of that, it took um 6 months for them to FINALLY put out just Tatooine Wave, so unless a miracle happens, I wont be seeing OTC items till um, lets see, whats 6 months from now? January (AFTER the OT DVD hype is overwith). Meh, Oh well. Maybe I'll get lucky and this Wal-Mart out here will have to reset the SW figs for Christmas.

Kidhuman
07-11-2004, 09:38 PM
Ok so the reset now is for school stuff and around early August should be the major seasonal reset for the Holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving & Christman) to use the same areas, right KH?

Now you got it. ;) :beard:

Kidhuman
08-03-2004, 09:31 PM
Okay fella's the reset has begun in my store. Today they had The Unleashed for 11 bucks and Ultras for 7 bucks. Clearancing is in, so the room is being made.

bigbarada
08-04-2004, 01:17 PM
Okay fella's the reset has begun in my store. Today they had The Unleashed for 11 bucks and Ultras for 7 bucks. Clearancing is in, so the room is being made.

I guess I better make a run to my local Wal-Mart then and see what they've got. I think they must have put someone else in charge of the toy aisle recently, as they have been getting lots and lots of new OTC figures in the last couple of weeks (although there are still plenty of Pilot Padme's clogging the shelves). Thanks for the heads up! :cool:

Knightfall
08-05-2004, 02:05 PM
Know what my Wal-Mart has? A Bail Organa and two General Rieekans.

*gives Wal-Mart the finger*

bigbarada
08-05-2004, 03:20 PM
My Wal-Mart has started clearancing the Ultra line and Unleashed figures also. No word yet on when they plan to get rid of all of their Pilot Padmes and Ack-Med Beq figures (what a giant waste of plastic those two were).

El Chuxter
08-05-2004, 03:28 PM
Oh, come on. The figures weren't a waste of plastic. Just the quantity. Which, in turn, actually does mean the figures were a waste.

Dear me. I've gone crosseyed! :crazed:

bigbarada
08-05-2004, 03:33 PM
Oh, come on. The figures weren't a waste of plastic. Just the quantity. Which, in turn, actually does mean the figures were a waste.

Dear me. I've gone crosseyed! :crazed:

If people stopped buying Jar Jar figures after Ep1 was released, then what made Hasbro think that mass quantities of another Ahmed Best character would be a good idea? :stupid:

OC47150
08-05-2004, 04:15 PM
A super WM is opening in my area later this month; I'm hoping to score the figures I'm missing at that time. I haven't checked the old store, but a friend told me, since the new store is close to opening, only perishable items were being restocked at the old store.

The Targets in my area also are resetting for the holidays. They're carrying Unleashed!

JEDIpartner
08-06-2004, 09:04 AM
The Kmarts in the area are doing resets as well. There are now OTC figures on the pegs as well as shelf tags for the Falcon, 12" VOTCs and the Cantina sets.

OC47150
08-09-2004, 08:11 AM
I got lucky at Target on Friday. Found the Dagobah wave of OTC figures. There were a ton of other OTC figures but I figured (no pun intended) they will be there a little longer than the Dagobah wave.

Kidhuman
08-13-2004, 08:37 PM
One Wal-Mart by me had 11 pegs of SW figures today, not counting ultras and unleashed. They had 9 pegs full of OTC(8 after I left :D ), so it looks like they are expanding the SW figure section somewhat. They also had 3 pegs of VOTC set up and at 9.83 each.

JediTricks
08-20-2004, 02:05 AM
My local WM had a cardboard display with OTC graphics on a palette in the middle of a large aisle with the exclusive cases on one side and the other was half Galactic Heroes and half basic OTC figures. It looked pretty good, but the cubby holes for the figures and G Heroes were a tad difficult to get product out of.

DarthJimli
08-20-2004, 02:50 AM
My local WM had a cardboard display with OTC graphics on a palette in the middle of a large aisle with the exclusive cases on one side and the other was half Galactic Heroes and half basic OTC figures. It looked pretty good, but the cubby holes for the figures and G Heroes were a tad difficult to get product out of.
I saw the same display at my WM today. It is a cool display but the figure selection was horrible. Nothing but Jedi and Dagobah Lukes, Bossks and IG-88's.
Not one Vader, Stormtrooper or Snowtrooper which are the ones I really wanted to find.:(

Mad Slanted Powers
08-20-2004, 10:10 AM
I have not seen very much OTC yet. I've managed to pick up Han, Bespin Leia, Cloud Car Pilot, Lobot, Chewie, Obi-Wan Spirit, and Dagobah and X-Wing Luke. They were all at Wal-Mart. There were a couple each of the Bespin wave but the last four were the only ones there. Everyone seems to have plenty of the first wave of VOTC figures though.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-20-2004, 01:21 PM
Yesterday, my Wal-Mart didn't have a single Star Wars peg! However, there was quite a large empty space to the left (the Shrek 2 figures now occupy the old SW space), so hopefully they're gearing up for more. I didn't see the floor display, but I also heard about it on GH, it looks pretty cool.

Ji'dai
08-20-2004, 04:28 PM
As reported in the news, my local Super Wal-Mart also had the large Star Wars cardboard cube display in the main aisle near the toy section. The cube has trilogy artwork on two sides. The other two sides have the toys :D Plenty of Galactic Heros (first wave) and OTC figures on one side, then the C-3PO and Darth Vader carry cases with figure pack-ins on the other.

JediTricks
08-20-2004, 10:15 PM
I saw the same display at my WM today. It is a cool display but the figure selection was horrible. Nothing but Jedi and Dagobah Lukes, Bossks and IG-88's.
Not one Vader, Stormtrooper or Snowtrooper which are the ones I really wanted to find.:(
Mine had a few more figs, the Dagobah figs (minus my missing Spirit Ben) and some TIE Pilots and Luke Bespin repaint.

DarthJimli
08-20-2004, 11:29 PM
Mine had a few more figs, the Dagobah figs (minus my missing Spirit Ben) and some TIE Pilots and Luke Bespin repaint.
There was one Dagobah R2-D2. There was probably more figures but they had been picked through before I had a chance!:dis: