PDA

View Full Version : OTC Rebo Band

Bosskman
07-09-2004, 01:25 PM
Has anybody else heard that they were making the Rebo Band in OTC packaging like the vintage one? I heard it was gonna be Max, Sy, and Droopy. This would be absolutely awesome if the Sy Snootles was a resculpted version of the original one and not that SE garbage one like the POTF. I'd get it for sure if that was the case.

sluray
07-09-2004, 01:50 PM
I hope so. That would be cool!

Kidhuman
07-09-2004, 03:46 PM
Havent heard anything about it, but would be nice.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-09-2004, 04:23 PM
I'm on this bandwagon ;)

Sign me up for two! hehe

Bosskman
07-09-2004, 04:46 PM
It was over at Galactichunter or some site like that. There was other stuff rumored too but I don't remember what it was.

Ji'dai
07-09-2004, 05:11 PM
I still remember getting the vintage one, the band came in a nice display package.

Speaking of the Max Rebo band, I found a site recently that sells a custom instrument pack for them - a microphone for Sy and an electric guitar-kind of thing for Joh Yowza:

http://www.toymaniacs.com/2001/product_pg.cfm?id=685

JediTricks
07-09-2004, 07:14 PM
This would be absolutely awesome if the Sy Snootles was a resculpted version of the original one and not that SE garbage one like the POTF. I'd get it for sure if that was the case.I felt the POTF2 version wasn't so bad except for her arm sculpts. The real problem on that figure IMO was the paint, which was derived from the SE version of the character, but I suspect with a different paintjob this same figure could easily pass as the original version.

Hellboy
07-10-2004, 12:40 PM
Thanks for posting those custom band instruments Ji'dai. :D

I've never seen those before and they do look good so I decided to pick them up. Not a bad deal either at only $3.99. :cool:

Turambar
07-10-2004, 12:51 PM
That would be awesome! I never could stand the POTF2 SE mockery of Sy Snootles. The ROTJ alien was very cool -- much more so than that cartoony crap in the SE. I hope this happens for sure.

Ji'dai
07-10-2004, 02:52 PM
Thanks for posting those custom band instruments Ji'dai. :D

I've never seen those before and they do look good so I decided to pick them up. Not a bad deal either at only $3.99. :cool:

No problem, Hellboy!

Well, I had to get my vintage Sy out to make a comparison with the POTF2 one to see why she's getting a negative reaction. I guess there were significant changes from the vintage to the POTF2 Sy, but I agree with JediTricks, it's the arm sculpts that bother me too. Hasbro should have included a mic and stand to put in those hands.

Here's a pic -

Bosskman
07-10-2004, 02:53 PM
Yeah, I'm all for the tusks and the feather.

JediTricks
07-12-2004, 01:06 AM
I had never noticed the tusks, and the vint rebo band was in my dad's dining room almost my whole life! I also forgot about the feathers. Seeing them next to each other like that is wild, but I think a lot of the SE toy's design could work with new paint. The arms so totally have to go though.

BTW, the mic and guitar accessories I believe were designed for these POTF2 figures (which were together on 1 card) and cut by Lucas Licensing for not being true to the film or something. Could be wrong, but Sy's SE mic just floats in the air and I don't remember Joh having anything.

Samuel Windu
07-12-2004, 04:03 AM
OTC Rebo Band ,sounds cool!So how many members total?

aceguide
07-12-2004, 08:04 AM
I could definitely use this set. It would be timely with the Rapartunie release.

droidekas2
07-12-2004, 10:44 AM
Heres's a novel idea. Produce a new product instead of just re-releasing some old product .
How about finishing the band by producing the drummers??

Kidhuman
07-12-2004, 08:06 PM
Not a bad idea. I would go for that

Kyle Katarn
07-12-2004, 10:35 PM
Thats cool, i hope Hasbro is making the pasckage kind of the Vintage one. that'll be nice. they should also make a 12" Jabba.

Ook
07-12-2004, 10:54 PM
I would really like an original Snootles. I bought a vintage one to put with my modern figs because I hate the CG-based turd they included in the POTF2 pairs. I don't want to have to buy the whole band again, but at least I'd finally have a modern sculpt of the original puppet character.

Kidhuman
07-13-2004, 08:24 AM
Thats cool, i hope Hasbro is making the pasckage kind of the Vintage one. that'll be nice. they should also make a 12" Jabba.

They just released an Ultra Jabba which is reaglly nice, so dont expect a new one for about 6 years.