PDA

View Full Version : original trilogy on dvd special edition or not

ew2seal
07-10-2004, 12:06 PM
can anyone out there tell me if the new dvds will include the special editon footage or original footage. and if so will it be included with dvd as a bonus feature or will each cd have the movies with original scenes and a cd with the special edition. or will a special editon set entirely in itself pop up later in the future. the only reason is i like the special edition better cause lucas was able to tell the stories better. either way i plan to get the set coming out and depent on the answer i get i plan to get a special editon set if it is with it or realeased seperately. also does anyone share the same sentiments. don't get me wrong the original footage movies cannot be beaten as far as there time. i just thought the special edition told the story a little better. this may have been discussed in another forum if so sorry i missed it. figured it was good discussion material.

ew2seal
07-10-2004, 12:09 PM
sorry i apologize just read some of the other post i guess this is been discussed not trying to steal anyones thunder.

Beast
07-10-2004, 12:10 PM
They will be all new versions, neither Original Editions or Special Editions. The will represent the films as Lucas wishes them to be today. Finally living up to the vision he had for the films back in the late 70's and 80's. The original versions will likely never be released on home video again, the same with the special edition versions. BTW, I suggest the following thread for discussion on this topic. :)

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=23009

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

marty fett
07-11-2004, 01:35 PM
I have heard that Hayden Christian will be replacing original Anakin actor Sebastian Shaw at the end of ROTJ.As for extras it would be nice to finally see the deleted scenes from all three movies.
But whatever changes have been made it's still Star Wars.
What DVD was invented for.