PDA

View Full Version : Pics of Bossk, Aayla and Tusken. Raider comes with a Gaffi Stick and Gun!

Turbowars
07-11-2004, 09:55 AM
These Unleashed are Fantastic! Hasbro has done another awesome job on the packing and artwork. Too bad Bossk isn't in the pose that's on the card. Other than that Great job Hasbro!!:D

Turbowars
07-11-2004, 09:59 AM
Here's The Tusken Raider, notice that he has a extra hand in the package with the gun.

Turbowars
07-11-2004, 10:03 AM
Here's the hot Aayla looking all sexy with her disgusting head turds.;)

Samuel Windu
07-11-2004, 11:40 AM
Sexy Aayla,I want her right now :D

Reefer Shark
07-11-2004, 01:23 PM
Those look bad-@ss!

At first I was thinking Bossk would be my fave out of the wave. But now for some reason, the Tuskin looks much better to me.

That's very cool that they included the extra hand w/gun, although I doubt anyone will actually use it - noting says "Tuskin Raider" like an old gaffi stick. :smoker:

Slicker
07-11-2004, 01:23 PM
These look outstanding and the sculpting is awesome. But couldn't they come up with a better character then Aayla Secura? Come on that's pretty much like making one of Aurra Sing (I wouldn't doubt it if they made one of her either). I can think of lots of better characters they could have made including Lando in his Bespin blues with an imperial blaster, Leia from the Death Star with an imperial blaster, or even and Imperial Stormtrooper. Now I know that the unleashed series has these guys in action poses but if you think about it Han wasn't in much of an action pose so it wouldn't be far off to ask for a fully clothed Leia. And about the Boba Fett unleashed. He died in the Sarlaac and never made it out and if that figure is him falling INTO the Sarlaac it's inaccurate also because he went down like a little punk and didn't even put up a fight.

Reefer Shark
07-11-2004, 01:29 PM
These look outstanding and the sculpting is awesome. But couldn't they come up with a better character then Aayla Secura? Come on that's pretty much like making one of Aurra Sing (I wouldn't doubt it if they made one of her either).
Hey Slicker,
Your wish is coming true. Aurra Sing will be in the next new batch of Unleashed (along with IG88 and Stormtrooper). I bet the Aurra will look cool, but I think I would have liked to have seen someone else instead of Aayla as well.

On the Fett: Yeah, he didn't do that in the flick. But it sure does look cool doesn't it? I think that's the whole point of the line.

:smoker:

Slicker
07-11-2004, 01:41 PM
I was actually being sarcastic about the Aurra Sing. I can't stand how a character that was in the movies for all of 2 seconds gets all of this attention. But who knows it might look good. As for the Stormtrooper and IG-88, I can't wait for them. I would have put IG-88 on my little list but I didn't think you would be able to put him in any sort of action pose. Thanks for the update though.

Reefer Shark
07-11-2004, 01:55 PM
Yeah, I'm curious on what they're gonna do with IG too. My biggest worry is that his skinny limbs will lead to some major sagging and warping issues.

I'm really looking forward to the Stormy though, can't wait for some pics of that one!

Hellboy
07-11-2004, 02:56 PM
Yeah overall these look fantastic!!

I agree the Tusken does look better after seeing him here but I think Aayla would've looked cooler in a pose similar to what is on her card front.

I think its funny how people were all over Unleashed Maul for his ballerina style pose yet nobody seems to be bothered by Aayla's. :silly:

Samuel Windu
07-12-2004, 12:13 PM
I decided to get all 3.

Kidhuman
07-12-2004, 09:15 PM
Tusken looks awesome. He is a must get

mrpauldeeds
07-14-2004, 12:07 PM
I just love that Bossk!! i cant wait to get him. i will be buying all 3.
I really hope the IG-88 will just as cool if not better. But, he just seems to easyto screw up. I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

hey, does anyone know the release dates on these yet? im dying to know.

About the Boba Fett thing:" He died in the Sarlaac and never made it out and if that figure is him falling INTO the Sarlaac it's inaccurate also because he went down like a little punk and didn't even put up a fight."

Yes Boba did fall into the sarlacc pit, and looked like a wussy in doing so. But he never died. i read one of the star wars books some years back, i think it was "Tales from Jabbas Palace" or "Tales of Bounty Hunters" both edited by Kevin J. Anderson...But after Jabbas sail barge blew up, fett blew up the sarlacc pit with one of his bombs , thus escaping. his maldorian armor protected him from being digested. However, when he got out his armor was rusted through. But he did survive.

does anyone else know about that or is it just me?:nerv:

Slicker
07-14-2004, 06:45 PM
I've read "Tales from Jabba's Palace" many times and am well aware that the author of that book said Boba Fett got out but the way I see it is that if Mr. George Lucas himself didn't write it, it never happened. In the immortal words of captainsolo1138 "General Madine eats froot loops" there you go I just created lore from the Star Wars universe or how about Greedo didn't get shot he just drank too much and passed out on the table. The only expanded universe stuff I like and go by is "Shadows of the Empire" and that's only because the author couldn't really go off on his own little thing because he had to try and keep it in line with ROTJ.

P.S. Boba Fett's dead.

Rocketboy
07-14-2004, 10:57 PM
I'm with you Slicker, EU = PU. :D
(And it's good to see you finally posting!)

Boba also survived in the Marvel comics series.
The Sarlacc burped him up.
Then, he fell back in.

Anywhoo, These do look pretty freakin' sweet.
Bossk and the Tusken are definite buys.
I'll pass on Aayla. Boring character. She's probably the pegwarmer of the bunch.

Hellboy
08-12-2004, 05:30 PM
I just received this new assortment in the mail today and they look great. Its actually hard for me to pick a favorite, its kind of a toss up between the Tusken (which turned out far better than I'd thought initially) and Bossk.

A few noteworthy things I figured I'd share are:

-These figures probably have the smallest bases/stands thus far. Around the same size as Obi-Wan's and Chewy's. I actually liked this as my space for displaying these figures has become more and more limited.

-Aayla and the Tusken's poses are very similar. For whatever reason I didn't really make this observation until I opened them.

-The Tusken Raider comes with an additional right arm. It's removable and one holds his Gaderffi stick the other his rifle, your choice. I personally like the rifle better.

-Bossk has blood on his left middle talon/finger.

plasticfetish
08-29-2004, 03:02 AM
New pics of Bossk Unleashed in the Database...

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=1190&password=&page=1

Yes, that means that I did buy an Unleashed figure. (It was bound to happen sooner or later I suppose.) :)

Reefer Shark
08-29-2004, 01:53 PM
Nice pics as usual PF. I wish I had your skills with the camera!

My pre-ordered set of unleashed 10 is due to arrive at my office tomorrow. I can't wait to get 'em! (especially after drooling over 'em at Frank-n-Sons yesterday)

aceguide
08-30-2004, 11:14 AM
I saw all three at my local target. I like Bossk and Tusken but am not thrilled about Ayla. Short $$ made it impossible to pick up though... :(

SirSteve
08-30-2004, 06:40 PM
New pics of Bossk Unleashed in the Database...

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=1190&password=&page=1

Yes, that means that I did buy an Unleashed figure. (It was bound to happen sooner or later I suppose.) :)
Excellent pictures! :)

Turbowars
09-14-2004, 09:01 PM
Don't know if this has been brought up, but the bases have sure been cut down on these figures. The next release looks to be that way too. Hasbro's cutting corners again.

bobafrett
10-05-2004, 08:18 PM
I picked up all three. I bought an additional Tusken to open, and display.

I'm very excited to hear that the next wave will have a Stormtrooper. Has this been confirmed? Pictures? I am wondering how much unleashed "action" you could put into IG-88?

I know this has probably been addresses in another thread, but I came across an Unleashed Clonetrooper with the red stripes. I bought it to add to my collection.

Slicker
10-06-2004, 10:58 AM
I am wondering how much unleashed "action" you could put into IG-88?You'd be surprised. The IG-88 actually has quite the dynamic pose with the flames and all and is one of the better looking figures IMO. He looks quite "unleashed".

Hellboy
10-06-2004, 11:57 AM
I'm very excited to hear that the next wave will have a Stormtrooper. Has this been confirmed? Pictures?

Turbowars posted pictures of the new wave in this thread if you'd like to see them.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=24916&page=2

plasticfetish
10-07-2004, 12:35 AM
You'd be surprised. The IG-88 actually has quite the dynamic pose with the flames and all and is one of the better looking figures IMO. He looks quite "unleashed".Agreed. I really made fun of this "unleashed" IG-88 idea when they first mentioned it -- I mean seriously, he's a stick figure with a blaster. After seeing it at Comic-con though, I've totally changed my mind. I think it's still super corny, but in a completely cool way.

bobafrett
10-13-2004, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the link HellBoy! Wow, that's all I can say. I really like the unleashed line! I'm glad to see that they are finally putting out a Stormtrooper, it has been at the top of my wish list since the start.