PDA

View Full Version : War stories

Bosskman
07-11-2004, 03:12 PM
Do any of you guys that were (or are) in the military got any good stories. I got a couple but I'm not sure if I should post them or not. I know every time I meet up with someone else from the military, a lot of our experiences have been really similar.

Bacta Beast
07-12-2004, 04:12 PM
I don't have any, but I'd love to read yours!

Tonysmo
07-13-2004, 01:08 AM
Im interested as well. Might need to figure out if they would belong in the pit though. Stories are fun!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-15-2004, 01:15 AM
Oh good, when I first saw the thread, I thought it was that show on Fox News starring Ollie North. Not that there aren't any interesting stories on there, or heros who deserve recognition, its just that they have to have one of the biggest tools in all of U.S. history host that show. Kinda mars watching it. :mad:

Deoxyribonucleic
07-15-2004, 03:18 AM
Want a good story, read "Band of Brothers" by Stephen Ambrose. It's really good and I'm not even a military person. But this story is GREAT!

Bosskman
07-15-2004, 06:22 AM
I wasn't talking about stories of actual war necessarily, I was talking about stories that us military people always tell each other about weird or funny stuff that happens on call-outs, exercises, courses, and well, actual war, but until very recently, not many of us in the Canadian armed forces (although I think they took out the word "armed" because it sounds "too hostile") have been in acual war. If there's nobody else here in the military, I'm not sure anybody'd get them so that's why I haven't posted any yet.

Hey Deoxy, I never read band of brothers, but I have the DVDs. I hate spielberg with a passion, but I like band of brothers.