PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Fans????

ieafa
07-12-2004, 09:02 PM
I am new to collecting stars wars, so I have a few questions:

First off, is hasbro re-releasing copies of the original figures? I'm not a fan of the new ones. There are to many figures out there and I would like to know the best ones to collect.

Kidhuman
07-12-2004, 09:18 PM
If you want vintage, you need to go to Ebay. I would reccomend all of them, whatever you can afford.

The VOTC line is really nice as well. I would get those as well. They arent re-releases, they are made just like the originals, but with more points of articulation

ieafa
07-12-2004, 09:28 PM
At yojoe.com there is an action figure archive could you direct me to a site that is similar to that one. There are just so many figures out there I would like to know what to look for. Thanks.

Kidhuman
07-12-2004, 09:40 PM
At yojoe.com there is an action figure archive could you direct me to a site that is similar to that one. There are just so many figures out there I would like to know what to look for. Thanks.

You can use the photo gallery on the top menu bar, or you can skim through threads and see some pics of the newer figs.

ieafa
07-12-2004, 09:49 PM
What would you think if the Star Wars line changed to O-rings just like the Joes? I love the O-ring and it would be interesting to see a change in the star wars production. I love the old figures but I always thought the line would be improved if the mobility was enhanced. :confused: What do you think?

LusiferSam
07-13-2004, 10:47 AM
If your looking a photo archive like the one at yojoe.com for vintage Star Wars figures (the ones made between '78-'85), I find SSG (that's here) lacking. But 12back.com (http://www.12back.com/) and Rebel Scum (http://www.rebelscum.com/) both have good vintage archives. 12back.com (http://www.12back.com/) is a tad harder to navigate and has less info about the figures, but has good photos and a lot of stuff on the vehicles and playsets. Rebel Scum (http://www.rebelscum.com/) also has good photos, but has more fluff and personally opinions and nothing on the vehicles or playsets.

If on the other hand you want an archive of the modern figures ('95 to the present), SSG rocks. Just go the Collector's Database or Photo Gallery.

bigbarada
07-26-2004, 01:29 PM
What would you think if the Star Wars line changed to O-rings just like the Joes? I love the O-ring and it would be interesting to see a change in the star wars production. I love the old figures but I always thought the line would be improved if the mobility was enhanced. :confused: What do you think?

When I was a kid, I dreamed about this. The articulation of the GI Joe line was a major factor in my decision to abandon Star Wars for GI Joe in 1985. Not a good idea in retrospect since I passed up on almost all of the POTF line. :cry:

I think, however, that the articulation method Hasbro has now is actually superior to the 1980s GI Joe line (since there are no rusty metal parts or dryrotting o-rings). Just look at the VOTC Han Solo to get an idea of the superior articulation of modern figures.

mark2d2
08-01-2004, 03:55 AM
I am new to collecting stars wars, so I have a few questions:

First off, is hasbro re-releasing copies of the original figures? I'm not a fan of the new ones. There are to many figures out there and I would like to know the best ones to collect.

The neo-vintage figures that are coming out is where I would start if I were you. These all look to be pretty amazing. And the retro cards are gorgeous. A lot of great figures are now coming out on the new black OTC cards as well.

Are you a carded, or loose collector?

What do you want to collect? Main characters? Obscure Aliens and Droids?

Two figures you DEFINITELY must seek out are R1-G4. This is just a flat out gorgeous version of an obscure Jawa Sandcrawler droid. He came out this spring. And (of course!!!) FX-7. This figure is amazing. It has (seriously) like forty seven points of articulation and is the best in the line, in my opinion. . .

To answer your question, I am NOT a fan of the O-ring articulation as I think it REALLY detracts from the look of the toys. I do, however, like the articulation of the VOTC figures. They truly are remarkable. Welcome to the hobby.

:D