PDA

View Full Version : Best and worst of the Saga

Kidhuman
07-13-2004, 08:31 AM
Now that saga has pretty much wrapped up and is over, what is your favorite figure and worst figure?

Fav.- Ephant Mon
Worst - JJB Senator

Honorable mentions - Tusken Ambush, Tie Pilot, J'Quille and Tanus, Lando Skiff

Dark Marble
07-13-2004, 09:31 AM
I think the worst figure for me was the geonosis destroyer droid. This was really a missed opportunity figure. And the best...that is a toughie. I really like the geonosis battle yoda. Finally a yoda that did more than stand around and look pensive. It is still one of my favorite figures. I would go with Ephant, but he just seems to be in a category by himself.

For me, honorable mentions for worst go to R2 factory flight, screaming mace, and arena padme. I won't bad mouth the big hood Emperor Palpatine, for some reason this train wreck of a figure really appeals to me.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-13-2004, 12:03 PM
It seemed, as with past lines, Saga started out somewhat crappy, got better, got great, and then stopped. Oh well, the OTC has been nice so far. Hopefully the Episode III line will keep it up.

Anyway, the worst is R2-D2 (Droid Factory Flight). Oh my God what a piece of crap that thing is. It looks worse than a Happy Meal toy. Its feature didn't work, and I had to return it and buy a new one twice since the stupid string was either permanently stuck out or in. It looks nothing like the actual character, and it can't move its legs so it can't even be in the right flying pose.

Horrible honorable mention - Luke Skywalker (Throne Room Duel), what a joke.

I think the best (of what I have - Ephant Mon might have been #1) is Luke Skywalker (Jabba's Palace). We'd waited forever for a good version, and we got a great one. Interesting how it was announced the same day as that crappy 2003 Saga one, to make up for it. It looks more like Luke than any other attempt so far, and it's really close. He is neutral but also has a lot of articulation for great poses. And a totally kick*ss cloak, which is actually both brown and black simultaneously, just like the one in the film. The gun and lightsaber rock too.

Great honorable mentions - Anakin Skywalker (Secret Ceremony), Lando Calrissian (Jabba's Sail Barge), Dutch Vander Gold Leader (Battle of Yavin), TIE Fighter Pilot (Battle of Yavin), R2-D2 (Jabba's Sail Barge), Supreme Chancellor Palpatine (though my love of this figure was somewhat messed up by the fact that there were 27 of him at my Wal-Mart until this year).

mrpauldeeds
07-13-2004, 03:03 PM
i have to say this the SAGA line had many bad figures, esp. during the middle waves. so the wost is hard to determine...:confused:

WORST: Han Solo Endor raid. looks like a pig and in the package is all twisted wrong, and that dumb hip swivel he has.

AN OH SOOOOOO close 2nd, Mace Windu Geonosin rescue, wow just wow.....useless and stupid looking

3rd worst...Bail Organa. if i was a kid and opend him, id burn him. good that he was made and all, but one of my least favorites.

Ephant Mon gets my best vote, but he's almost everyones...so here is the 2nd best

Best: Dengar. 100% upgrade from the last one we had, and just looks so cool.

Honerable mentions: Captian Antilles, Chewbacca mynok hunt, Lando skiff, pretty much all the new ones that came out in the last couple waves.