PDA

View Full Version : Big SDCC Comic Con News!!

Beast
07-13-2004, 10:52 AM
We'll finally see the 3rd series of VOTC at SDCC, but Hasbro dropped a hint at what we have in store with a picture of the exclusive SDCC poster. The R2-D2 looks great, but the Chewbacca is a work of art. Especially the removable bandolier and the articulation and attention to detail. Here's all we have to look forward to at SDCC in just 10 days. :)

Republic News - Comic-Con Announcements (Jul 13, 2004)

The countdown to Comic-Con is on - only 10 days to go! Here's a "heads-up" about what you can expect from Hasbro while you’re there...

Products on Display
We will have some samples of our current and upcoming product lines on display for up-close inspection. You'll see some products from the Original Trilogy Collection line, Galactic Heroes, and Unleashed.

First Look
You'll get the first look at some exciting new exclusives coming out this fall:

2 Toys 'R' Us 4-packs: Endor Ambush and Naboo Final Conflict
Toys 'R' Us Jedi Council Scenes 3 and 4
And 2 Wal-Mart carry cases: C-3PO and Darth Vader!
Even better, you’ll get first glance at the NEW Unleashed IG-88 and the next wave of 3 ¾" vintage figures from Return of the Jedi: Stormtrooper, Boba Fett, Chewbacca, and R2-D2!

Comic-Con Exclusive Silver Sandtrooper
The convention-exclusive silver sandtrooper will be on sale at the Lucasfilm booth next-door to Hasbro.

Giveaways
Be sure to visit the Hasbro booth to get these exciting collectibles – for FREE! Quantities are limited and only available while supplies last:

A new vintage figure poster. We’ve recreated the iconic Star Wars poster from A New Hope using 3 ¾" figures!

Unleashed card-backs featuring Tusken Raider, Aayla Secura, and Bossk. The toy designer, the art director and the illustrator for Unleashed will be on-site to autograph your card-backs!

And don't forget to pick up your Galactic Heroes Scout Trooper (while supplies last)!

Star Wars Presentation
On Friday, July 23, from 11:30 to 12:30 (in Room 9), Hasbro will host a Star Wars presentation with a Q&A session.

For those of you that won't be able to make it out to San Diego, check back the week of July 26th – we’ll summarize the event and post images of things you missed. For everyone else – we look forward to seeing you in San Diego!
http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/images/news/SW_poster.jpg
http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/images/news/Scout.jpg
http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.headlines/id.1072/dn/default.cfm

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-13-2004, 12:32 PM
Oh, sounds sweet! That Chewbacca is awesome! R2-D2 looks good too but he's been done well before too. That poster is really cool! I will probably get those carry cases as well. Too bad I can't go, though. Maybe someone from SSG will be able to answer some more questions that the forum members come up with? I think I'll start a new thread for it (if someone hasn't already).

vadersvette
07-13-2004, 04:22 PM
That Chewie looks amazing! That poster is awesome! If anyone is going to SSCC, please get me a poster! If you can, email me! :crazed:

Tycho
07-13-2004, 08:09 PM
What are you guys yammering on about? The image I saw was too small to tell if Chewie was good or not (does look to be from this distance, especially the head and face sculpt, but still...)

It's too far away.

The R2 looks like they used the E1 R2 with Rocket Boosters body to find a mold with space for the "doors" even though they likely don't have rocket boosters in them now since we know these are in R2's legs now.

Turbowars
07-13-2004, 08:19 PM
What are you guys yammering on about? The image I saw was too small to tell if Chewie was good or not (does look to be from this distance, especially the head and face sculpt, but still...)

It's too far away.

The R2 looks like they used the E1 R2 with Rocket Boosters body to find a mold with space for the "doors" even though they likely don't have rocket boosters in them now since we know these are in R2's legs now.You beat me too it Tycho, I was thinking the same thing. I'll let you guys know next week.

JediTricks
07-13-2004, 09:48 PM
It looks like they finally got the shape of R2 right, for the first time EVER in this scale. But the image is small, so it's tough to be sure. And as cool as this looks, the crappy 28-year-old X-Wings and TIE Fighters look badly out of place.

mastermatt24
07-13-2004, 10:23 PM
Wow.. im glad im going. :D Does anyone know if you can get these on preview night? Becuase if you can I MIGHT be able to get extras (two more people will be with me on preview night).