PDA

View Full Version : Sales You Won't Believe!

stillakid
07-13-2004, 11:45 AM
I was just checking my email and got a "spam" from Sears proclaiming "Electronic Savings You Won't Believe."

Well, I was curious for some reason so I clicked on it. And I really couldn't believe it. The first thing up is an APEX DVD Player only $36.99...regular price, $39.99. WOW! I could save 3 bucks! I can't believe I'm still sitting here.

:rolleyes: And people call me cynical. I wonder why. :p

stillakid
07-13-2004, 01:43 PM
Ref. Number: 332/756/4108
Batch Number: 638901537-846G
Sir/Madam
We are pleased to inform you of the result of the Lottery Winners
International programs held on the 29th april, 2004. Your e-mail address
attached to ticket number 67511465895-6410 with serial number 3772-510 drew lucky numbers D-14-88-23-21-45 which consequently won in the 2nd category, you have therefore been approved for a lump sum pay out of US$ 1000,000.00 (one million United States Dollars) CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Due to mix up of some numbers and names, we ask that you keep your winning information confidential until your claims has been processed and your money remitted to you. This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program by some participants. All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from over 20,000 company and 30,000,000 individual Email addresses and names from all over the world. This promotional program takes place every three years. This lottery was promoted and sponsored by Presidents of the World Largest softwares, we hope with part of your winning you will take part in our next year USD50 million international lottery. To file for your claim, please
contact our FIDUCIAL Agent MR. MR VAN KOK of the SPONSOR BINGO LOTERIJ AGENCY. Tel:+31-612187410, EMAIL:vankokagency@netscape.net Remember, all winning must be claimed not later than 29th of July,2004. After this date all unclaimed funds will be included in the next stake. Please note in order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications. please remember to quote your reference number and batch numbers in all correspondence. Furthermore, should there be any change of address do inform our agent as soon as possible. Congratulations once more from our members of staff and thank you for being part of our promotional program.

Note: Anybody under the age of 18 is automatically disqualified. Sincerely
yours, Mrs.Judith Westly Lottery Coordinator.

I can't wait to claim my prize!

:rolleyes: It's one thing for a moron to try to scam people like this, but I really worry about the idiots that think these are on the up and up. "Due to mix up of some numbers and names," "until your claims has been processed." Note to scammers: At least try to spell and use proper grammar when trying to pull a fast one. :greedy:

Exhaust Port
07-13-2004, 02:23 PM
I sea noe grAMmer issues their at all.

This lottery was promoted and sponsored by Presidents of the World Largest softwares...
:D

Kidhuman
07-13-2004, 10:37 PM
Save three bucks on each....that means, buy 13 and get the 14th free. What a deal.

stillakid
07-13-2004, 10:44 PM
Here's how smart we are as a nation:

Home Prices Continue to Soar in L.A. County
June's median hits $414,000. But will the run-up last?

By Annette Haddad, Times Staff Writer

Los Angeles County home prices posted their biggest increase in at least 15 years in June as the median surged 32.3% to a record $414,000, according to data released Monday.

June marked the first time that the county's median price the point at which half the homes sold for more, half for less topped $400,000 and was the 12th consecutive month that prices rose at least 20% year over year.

When the definition of "median" has to be included in the story so blatantly. If a person doesn't know what a "median" home price is, they don't really deserve to buy one.

Exhaust Port
07-14-2004, 07:55 AM
I thought a median home would be one found built on the side of the road. ;)

stillakid
07-14-2004, 08:36 AM
I thought a median home would be one found built on the side of the road. ;)

Hmm, good point! But aren't they pretty much all like that?

Exhaust Port
07-17-2004, 01:23 AM
Perhaps the medians are placed next to the homes rather than the homes built next to the medians. ;)