PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive ShopStarWars Figure

BFett88
07-14-2004, 09:29 PM
Man I think this figure is going to be lame. It seems to be a repo of the POTF2 Emperor, but in clear plastic. Oh well, I will buy it anyway.

Not sure how to do a link so here you go:

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2004/07/news20040714.html

Kidhuman
07-14-2004, 09:47 PM
That figure does look nice. I will get one.

Val Da Car
07-14-2004, 11:03 PM
I wish it was the Saga Emperor

Deoxyribonucleic
07-15-2004, 03:21 AM
I'll pass!

I despise the POTF2 emperor...despise HIM! Even in clear plastic he sux!

Yet another weak attempt to get people to join the over priced, hyperjackedup fanclub!!

blaah! *place emoticon here with a sour face and tongue sticking out with spit marks! (we need one of those on those...hmmmmmmm)

evenflow
07-15-2004, 07:47 AM
The Emperor and Vader are both boring. I am sick of the silver figures. The Emperor should have been VOTC.

JEDIpartner
07-15-2004, 08:01 AM
*sigh* Running it into the ground again, aren't we? If they were goi g to make these figures silver, they should have at LEAST vac-metalised them since they are "fan club exclusives".

dindae
07-15-2004, 08:57 AM
These are lame. I don't mind the emporer as much altough I guess I would rather have the POTF2 emporer over the Saga. Both suck and need to be redone.

droidekas2
07-15-2004, 08:59 AM
Lame exclusive. I'll pass.

jedi-cpa
07-15-2004, 09:01 AM
Lame!

I'll take 2.

All kidding aside, I am not signing up for the fan club just to get the fig, I am still grinding the axe as far as raising the price, dropping the number of issues thing.

Rip off artists.

I'll take my chance with eBay. I'll still spend less than the membership would be.

Droid
07-15-2004, 11:12 AM
I'll pass. Remember when exclusives meant the first ever Han in Stormtrooper Disguise, Cantina Bank Member, Muftak, Kabe, Oola, or Salacious Crumb? Now they just paint a Luke orange and expect us to go nuts.

No thanks.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-15-2004, 03:17 PM
I think it looks pretty good. At least it's not a straight re-issue of Holographic Darth Sidious (though some people would buy it quickly). I don't like this sculpt but the Saga one would have been worse.

I thought, though, that in ESB, this hologram wasn't regular-sized, but HUGE?

ronhudy
07-15-2004, 08:35 PM
I'll pass. Remember when exclusives meant the first ever Han in Stormtrooper Disguise, Cantina Bank Member, Muftak, Kabe, Oola, or Salacious Crumb? Now they just paint a Luke orange and expect us to go nuts.

No thanks.

LOL! Agreed.

mastermatt24
07-15-2004, 11:50 PM
I dont know. It looks OK, nothing great but its not horrible. Kinda boring. :o I would much rather have a different see through figure.. like a nemodian or something. I'll decied if I want it when I find out how much it costs.

vadersvette
07-16-2004, 12:17 AM
Can you get it if you're not a member? :confused: I don't care either way, but still would like to know in case I change my mind (probably won't, though. This figure both sucks and blows. :rolleyes: )

Samuel Windu
07-16-2004, 10:22 AM
It's ok for me and I will get 2 :)

Kidhuman
07-16-2004, 11:10 AM
Can you get it if you're not a member? :confused: I don't care either way, but still would like to know in case I change my mind (probably won't, though. This figure both sucks and blows. :rolleyes: )

Yes you can. Its just the FC members get first crack, and then they go to the shop in October. Any Fan Club Member want to order me one? I will pay for it plus shipping. LMK.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-16-2004, 12:18 PM
I realized something last night. If Hasbro has decided to be more faithful to the realism of the original trilogy holograms and make them have color, why is this guy so blue? Is it because his face and hands (which would be greenish and not black) aren't separate pieces on this mold? That could still easily be worked around. In the film he was slightly blue but also had some color. Oh well.

Does this mean that Palpatine will be Ian McDiarmid in ESB now? Hmm . . .

Kidhuman
07-16-2004, 01:52 PM
Does this mean that Palpatine will be Ian McDiarmid in ESB now? Hmm . . .

Yes it does. WHy else would they do this?

dindae
07-16-2004, 02:16 PM
Yes it does. WHy else would they do this?

They ran out of silver spray paint. :D

OC47150
07-16-2004, 03:24 PM
Hasbro's making an effort. Think of it that way.

It's not a great figure but nice. A resculpted fig would've been better.

JediTricks
07-16-2004, 10:03 PM
Awful. Why go back to that ancient crappy sculpt??? It doesn't look like chimp-eyes and it doesn't look like McDiarmid, it just looks weak. I would have preferred the Saga Emperor with his stupid hood fixed.

sluray
07-19-2004, 05:56 PM
I am going to get it. That is for sure.

Agent23
07-19-2004, 09:27 PM
I'll be getting one to complete my collection.

TheDarthVader
07-19-2004, 09:35 PM
It doesn't look bad to me. I'd rather have this holographic OT Palpatine then no Holograph OT Palpy at all! Think of it that way. :D I will be buying this figure.

JediTricks
07-20-2004, 02:03 AM
POTF2 Emperor is such a simple figure I could pull a mold from it and make my own holographic clear figure for probably the same price. :p

jedi master sal
07-20-2004, 01:04 PM
Yeah, but would you have the OTC packaging... (Sarcasm here)

Hellboy
07-20-2004, 10:50 PM
I think its fine. I'll get one, two actually. :greedy:

Sure a new sculpt would've been ideal but if we can't get that I'll take this in the meantime. It's still the best version of the Emperor we've received so far even if he is dated. I'm another one of those who is glad the Saga Emperor wasn't used here. Granted if you did fix the conehead hood it would be fine but as is I think its an embarrassment. :p

JediTricks
07-20-2004, 11:45 PM
JMS, that earned a laugh! :D

Hellboy, I don't think the hood even needs "fixing", just cut out the excess interior of the hood and I suspect it'll be fine. Heck, I think it's even designed to have it this way, the arm holes are a little snugged up.

Hellboy
07-21-2004, 12:19 AM
Yeah you are right JT, thats basically what I was implying with the fixing comment. I've actually been tempted to take a Dremmel Tool to mine a few times so the head sits up higher inside the hood. However the sleeves aren't attached to the robe so it wouldn't have any effect on his arm holes but I agree with your point about those being a little to high up on his wrists.

Samuel Windu
07-21-2004, 06:46 AM
It looks great to me.Better than totally rehashed & repacked figures.I think I will get 2.

JediTricks
07-21-2004, 08:46 PM
Hboy, I was talking about where the arms meet the shoulders, the robe has holes to let the arms pass through but these holes are sitting very high. I took my Emp apart as soon as I got him, the arms come right out of the body quite easily and then the hood/robe slides right up revealing the flat head in the back.

Hellboy
07-21-2004, 09:21 PM
Ok I get what you're saying. I just pulled mine apart and noticed the flat head, how strange. So did you modify the inside of your hood? If so how did it go?

JediTricks
07-22-2004, 01:33 AM
No, I wussed out because I don't have tools that could do the job and don't want to mess my only one up without a spare in reserve. ;) I'd love to hear from anybody who has tried this though.

Oh, and while you're in there, you might notice that the Emp has a universal-jointed neck, it's seriously restricted but still a cool addition.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-22-2004, 01:44 PM
I can't even get his arms off! What's the secret to that? I think maybe I wussed out too on the arms already. I don't want to ruin my only Emperor :stupid:

OC47150
07-22-2004, 01:48 PM
If it's the POTF2 Emperor fig, he's still readily available at online stores and at comic shops. So go ahead and rip those arms off!!

JediTricks
07-23-2004, 09:42 PM
I can't even get his arms off! What's the secret to that? I think maybe I wussed out too on the arms already. I don't want to ruin my only Emperor :stupid:
Pull.

I find it easiest when you grasp the shoulder so it squeezes in on the hinge part.

OC47150
07-24-2004, 09:42 AM
Here's a dumb question: Have you tried the boil and pop method? Heat some water, pop the head off and then use a tool (needle nose pliers) to pop the body.

I tried to remove Ponda Baba's arms the way you're using and it just stretched the arm joint. Didn't loosen or remove it, just stretched it.

JediTricks
07-25-2004, 11:54 PM
OC, are you talking about Saga Emperor? I only ask because the figure is made significantly different to POTF2 Ponda, there's even a joint in the torso area.

jedi-cpa
07-26-2004, 07:48 AM
OK, so I am still a member of the fan club through the end of the year. Although I never joined "hyperspace" online.

Now the "fan club: hyperspace" offers this fig...will I be able to preorder this?

OC47150
07-26-2004, 08:13 AM
I'm talking about POFT2 Emperor. Are we talking about two different Emperors?

Dr Zoltar
07-26-2004, 11:40 AM
OK, so I am still a member of the fan club through the end of the year. Although I never joined "hyperspace" online.

Now the "fan club: hyperspace" offers this fig...will I be able to preorder this?
More than likely not. I'm in the same boat you are. I'm a member of the Paizo fan club that was just turned over to Lucas. I'll bet you have to fork over $40 to become an official Hyperspace member before being allowed to order this.

jedi-cpa
07-26-2004, 11:45 AM
I may have to write the better business bureau on this one, you join the fan club to get exclusives and then they tell you you need to fork over more $$$ to get what you signe up for in the first place.

Hellboy
07-26-2004, 04:31 PM
jedi-cpa -You should be able to buy the exclusives if you're a fan club member, it's just offered to the Hyperspace members first if I recall. I wouldn't worry to much, there should be enough to go around.

OC47150 -Yes you are talking about 2 different Emperors. JT was refering to the Saga Emperor not the POTF2 version. :)

JediTricks
07-27-2004, 02:31 AM
I'm talking about POFT2 Emperor. Are we talking about two different Emperors?
Deoxy and I were talking about pulling the arms from the Saga Emperor when you added your comment about boil-popping the Emp, so I thought you were also talking about Saga Emperor.

According to the new Hyperpay Fan Club, Paizo club members get "offline" membership benefits, but I'm not sure even they know whether that extends to preorders on the StarWarsShop website.

Samuel Windu
07-27-2004, 12:09 PM
Anyone know the number of this Holo Emperor?I mean OTC #No.
#39?

Deoxyribonucleic
07-28-2004, 12:55 PM
Deoxy and I were talking about pulling the arms from the Saga Emperor when you added your comment about boil-popping the Emp, so I thought you were also talking about Saga Emperor.

I big time wussed out after trying again. I'm not a weakling either, I don't understand :confused: I really MUST get another one of these guys so I can do this arm thing and not worry about hurting him. I really want to see this bald, flat head :p

JediTricks
07-29-2004, 09:07 PM
WIMP! ;) Actually, I just checked mine and I guess the release oil has dried up or the plastic has hardened over time because the shoulders are harder to get out on mine now too. LMK if you ever get it done though.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-30-2004, 01:35 AM
WIMP! ;) Actually, I just checked mine and I guess the release oil has dried up or the plastic has hardened over time because the shoulders are harder to get out on mine now too. LMK if you ever get it done though.

Shoooo brotha' you know I weeeel! ;)

Agent23
08-26-2004, 12:41 PM
When will the exclusive Emperor figure be available to order? I thought I read in August, but haven't seen it yet... :confused: