PDA

View Full Version : Silver Darth Vader 2004 Edition

SirSteve
07-15-2004, 01:19 AM
Another Fan Club exclusive! Check it out!

http://sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=30400

Deoxyribonucleic
07-15-2004, 03:15 AM
link isn't working ??

pop up window says "connection was refused when attempting to contact sirstevesguide..." or something to that effect.

evenflow
07-15-2004, 07:48 AM
Cool for the new section, but i am sick of the silver figures. I wish we would get some real exclusives.

dindae
07-15-2004, 09:09 AM
This is lame on so many levels.
a) tired of silver figure exclusives (give us a real figure)
b) vader is done already
c) if redoing vader just rerelease don't downgrade quality this spray paint looking paint app is so much less appealing than the vac seal job done on the original and R2.
d) The silver anniversary is over. The whole silver figure idea is pointless now.

Ok so that is only four but there is nothing nice at all I can say about this figure except that people who aren't completist like me won't be missing out if they are club members.

Val Da Car
07-15-2004, 09:50 AM
Does chromed figures count also or just that gooey thick silver paint.

Kidhuman
07-15-2004, 09:54 AM
I like this figure. It looks really nice. Good move on putting this one out becuase so many need a TF Vader and this will suffice for me.

Val Da Car
07-15-2004, 09:59 AM
Hey...maybe it will be a TRU exclusive......like the other silver figures from years past?

jedi-cpa
07-15-2004, 10:38 AM
I he about to slap his lightsaber into his hand?

Hey Vader, Dooku didn't do it right the first time?

And the otherthing that stinks...this is going to be a fan club exclusive and the holo emporor? THis stinks!!!

It's good we have the "silver" section now, but maybe there should be an "exclusives section, that stuff tends to get lost in the regular areas.

I HATE EXCLUSIVES!!!!

SirSteve
07-15-2004, 11:18 AM
link isn't working ??

pop up window says "connection was refused when attempting to contact sirstevesguide..." or something to that effect.
Server had to be restarted and that's the error you got while it was doing it.

stillakid
07-15-2004, 11:22 AM
I agree. This silver figure thing is nonsense. It was cool the first time, but what's the point of having umpteen shiny guys on the mantel? I don't get it. Even the packaging we get is lame compared to what the overseas guys get (and Mexico).

Deoxyribonucleic
07-15-2004, 11:35 AM
Server had to be restarted and that's the error you got while it was doing it.

Thanks again! :)

Ok, this silver figure thing..........whoaaaa! I mean, if they were vac metal, different story, but this one doesn't stand close to the toyfair vader one bit. Really what we are paying for is a "specially" shaped plastic bubble, a "different" cardback and silver spray paint.

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

but alas, some people like 'em and that's all that counts I s'pose ;)

ronhudy
07-15-2004, 11:50 AM
This is lame on so many levels.
a) tired of silver figure exclusives (give us a real figure)
b) vader is done already
c) if redoing vader just rerelease don't downgrade quality this spray paint looking paint app is so much less appealing than the vac seal job done on the original and R2.
d) The silver anniversary is over. The whole silver figure idea is pointless now.

Ok so that is only four but there is nothing nice at all I can say about this figure except that people who aren't completist like me won't be missing out if they are club members.

I agree 100%.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-15-2004, 03:04 PM
This one is a total joke! It looks crappy. If you have to give us more silver figures, at least give us characters that haven't been made before.

jedi-cpa
07-15-2004, 03:56 PM
You could have at least left the lightsaber Red...I mean shabby workmanship when you can't NOT spraypaint the lightsaber when you paint the rest of him.

Ugh!

Hellboy
07-15-2004, 09:46 PM
This is definitely getting to be to much for me. If this is the direction Hasbro is going with their silver exclusives I'm going to stop after the Comic-Con Silver Sandtrooper. I have a TF Vader and don't see any point in obtaining this less impressive version.

I'm glad that they didn't do the saber red like the TF Vader. One of the things that made that exclusive so cool and different was how the saber extended out of the bubble and was a different color than the rest of the figure. An exact duplicate of the 2002 version would lessen the value and appeal of the original IMO.

dr_evazan22
07-15-2004, 10:00 PM
I'm glad those that didn't get the TF Vader will have a chance to have thier own silver version, and also glad they didn't use the same sculpt.

And, while the silver stuff is getting old, at least tehy picked a good sculpt to do it in.

Ji'dai
07-15-2004, 10:15 PM
These silver figures are as bad as Galoob's silver and gold SW mini-MicroMachines re-releases. It's a tired concept. I didn't get the TF Vader or the silver Clone Trooper, but I'm not losing any sleep over it. I think I'll pass on this one too.

Reefer Shark
07-15-2004, 10:56 PM
Oh man... this is total crap. It's an ugly, abomination of a figure (like most other silvers). Not nearly as cool as the TF Vader.

The sad thing is, that I'm a "Vader-completist". I can't be a completist with the whole line, so I collect all Vaders (and random other figures). So chances are, I'll probably try to get this ugly thing.

The other sad thing is that this is a fan club exclusive...... This and the Emperor exclusive almost make me want to pony up the dough to join...... Which is also total crap at $40...

mrpauldeeds
07-15-2004, 11:56 PM
why does this vader look familiar to me?? doesnt it look like a POTJ vader we have had in the past, just painted silver? does to me. anyone agree?:confused:

Hellboy
07-16-2004, 12:18 AM
why does this vader look familiar to me?? doesnt it look like a POTJ vader we have had in the past, just painted silver? does to me. anyone agree?:confused:

Looks like a POTJ: Darth Vader-Dagobah repaint to me. :dis:

vadersvette
07-16-2004, 12:34 AM

I believe it's the Dagobah Darth Vader from POTJ. I could be wrong, though.

SirSteve
07-16-2004, 09:38 AM
My TRU source has confirmed this to be a TRU exclusive, not a Fan Club. Read the full article:

stillakid
07-16-2004, 09:41 AM
My TRU source has confirmed this to be a TRU exclusive, not a Fan Club. Read the full article:

Could you tell your source to tell Hasbro that these things are pretty lame? At this point, if I get the Sandtrooper or this Vader, fine, but I'm not going out of my way to do it. I'd rather spend my money on acquiring the far cooler Clone Trooper European exclusive and the Mexico exclusive. This silver crap is over. I'm no longer a completionist. :ermm:

Samuel Windu
07-16-2004, 10:25 AM
Well,not bad but I think that's enough for silver figure :o

jedi-cpa
07-16-2004, 11:04 AM
Figure still sucks though.

Kidhuman
07-16-2004, 11:06 AM
I'm no longer a completionist. :ermm:

They broke you. HOw can you look in the mirror? :beard: :neutral: :ermm: :cry: :beard:

stillakid
07-16-2004, 12:06 PM
They broke you. HOw can you look in the mirror? :beard: :neutral: :ermm: :cry: :beard:

Ya know, it wasn't even this thing. It was the Red Leader X-Wing that did it. I just couldn't justify dropping $30 bucks for a ship that I already have a few of for a figure that didn't inspire me to take him home. If it goes on sale for maybe $20 bucks, then maybe I'll do it. I'm growing ambivalent. :ermm:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-16-2004, 12:42 PM
Ya know, it wasn't even this thing. It was the Red Leader X-Wing that did it. I just couldn't justify dropping $30 bucks for a ship that I already have a few of for a figure that didn't inspire me to take him home. If it goes on sale for maybe $20 bucks, then maybe I'll do it. I'm growing ambivalent. :ermm:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000TYHMI/qid=1089996108/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-4260187-3409517?v=glance&s=toys
How's this?

By the way . . . oh my God, they have VOTC figures too!

Val Da Car
07-16-2004, 04:35 PM
Hey...maybe it will be a TRU exclusive......like the other silver figures from years past?

wow...I should pick some lottery numbers or something like that.

I have the :Chromed R2D2 and I like that style much better

vadersvette
07-16-2004, 10:23 PM

Maybe I'll get this one after all. I never got the TF one.

Val Da Car
07-16-2004, 11:08 PM
As for the X Wing...$20 bux is more reasonable and I am still trying to get Dutch Vander to fit but he is too big...

I will try the Saga Dagobah one and see if he fits there...

Kidhuman
07-17-2004, 12:07 AM
My only question is why is it 10 bucks? Is it a giveaway, or a purchase?

Turbowars
07-17-2004, 12:14 PM
I really appreciate my Toy Fair Vader much more after seeing this version, but I'll still get it.:D

dindae
07-17-2004, 03:22 PM
My only question is why is it 10 bucks? Is it a giveaway, or a purchase?

As I recall all of the promo figures show up as $10 in the Toys R Us system before the promotion for some reason. I'm sure we will have to buy $20 of stuff to get it.

Kidhuman
07-17-2004, 09:04 PM
The silver clones were actually 4.99 there for retail, thats is why I asked.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-17-2004, 09:13 PM

Now see, that's what's weird here because I had to buy $14.99 worth of star wars merchandise to get the silver clone and it was free (sorta, if you don't count that you have to spend 15 bucks to get it). :ermm:

Kidhuman
07-17-2004, 09:16 PM
Amazon had them for retail about a week before they were supposed to be given out. Crazy Shizzzzz if you ask me

Reefer Shark
07-17-2004, 09:21 PM
I bought 3 of 'em off the shelf for $4.99 each. Hopefully Vader will be as easy to get.

dindae
07-17-2004, 10:02 PM

Ok you made me research it. It was actually $7.99. See post below. You should know what to do.

:beard: (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=22819&page=1&pp=10&highlight=silver+clone)

Kidhuman
07-17-2004, 10:31 PM
See post above yours . :D :beard: