PDA

View Full Version : VOTC 12" at K-mart

tnswman
07-15-2004, 01:06 PM
Well, we dont have the 3 3/4" figures here yet. However, My K-mart in Greeneville TN got a case of 6 VOTC 12" figures in. I had the toy manager open the case for me and the only figures in it were Luke and Boba. they were 29.99 each and Boba's clothing WAS BLUE!!!

I was really suprised to see this here and also surprised to see no Stormtroopers.

Good LUCK!!!

Turbowars
07-15-2004, 07:57 PM
Way to go on the case assortment Hasbro. This will probably mean my case from EE will be missing the Stormy as well.:rolleyes:

tnswman
07-15-2004, 08:23 PM
Maybe not, There are Stormtroopers and Grey clothed Fetts out there. so maybe you will get lucky :)

It's the fate of my town to have no OTC figures and get a whacked out 12" otc case LOL!

Ji'dai
07-16-2004, 04:08 PM
Found the 12" OTC at K-Mart today. The case was still on the pallet but it had been opened. There were 2 Lukes and 2 Fetts left. Six figures are in the case assortment, but someone had already swiped two out of the box. So I can't confirm if there were Stormtroopers in the case.

I passed on the Luke since I've got too many of him already and he has this goofy Barbie/Ken-like smile. Both Fetts I saw had the blue flight suit. I want the Stormtrooper most of all since I don't have one of those in my 12" collection.

Here are pics of the Boba Fett:

havok72
07-16-2004, 07:39 PM
I found the same in Martinsville, IN today. 2 Lukes and 2 Fetts. Both Fetts had nice blue suit and bright yellow knee pads :mad: . I passed on both.

JediTricks
07-16-2004, 09:57 PM
Havok, good eyes about the kneepads, I see what you mean from Ji'dai's photos. There's no way I'm gonna buy the blue suited Fett, those bright yellow kneepads just sealed that deal for me. I might have faltered before on the blue suit if I saw it in person, but not with those, I can't accept both.

Kidhuman
07-17-2004, 12:23 AM
Well, it is a shame when they put more effort into the packaing then the figure itself.

havok72
07-17-2004, 10:39 PM
I would just like to know what the world Hasbro is thinking! I mean you go to any Toys R Us and you will find 20 to 50 12" figures on clearance for $10 and still no one buys them! So what makes them feel we are going to spend $30 for a NEW box and a remake figure??? I just wish they would go back to what worked, make figures people want and good quailty. I mean how hard is it to make a 12" scale Jabba and his little laughing buddy?

tnswman
07-18-2004, 12:33 AM
I really thought Luke was a waste of $ until I opened one. It really is a nice figure. Just look close at the detail compared to Mark Hamill in ANH. The outfit and articulation are wonderful.

Turbowars
07-18-2004, 01:03 AM
I really thought Luke was a waste of $ until I opened one. It really is a nice figure. Just look close at the detail compared to Mark Hamill in ANH. The outfit and articulation are wonderful.You have him and Fett?

derek
07-18-2004, 02:42 AM
I really thought Luke was a waste of $ until I opened one. It really is a nice figure. Just look close at the detail compared to Mark Hamill in ANH. The outfit and articulation are wonderful.

from the photos i've seen the outfit is the same one from about 30 previous tatooine lukes. and you say you like the headsculpt? photos of yours would be nice, as i'd love to be proven wrong, but based on what i've seen it's horrible, unless you're into figures that look like japanese animation characters.

Samuel Windu
07-18-2004, 04:23 AM
Anymore report finding on grey/light green suit Boba Fett?Just let you know there are 2 different assostments:

3x Luke
3x Boba Fett (dark blue)

2x Luke
2x Boba Fett (grey/light green)
2x Stormtrooper

So if you found dark blue Boba,that means no Stormtroopers.

Kidhuman
07-18-2004, 09:47 AM
Hopefully I can find the grey jumpsuit Fett

Turbowars
07-18-2004, 11:01 AM
Anymore report finding on grey/light green suit Boba Fett?Just let you know there are 2 different assostments:

3x Luke
3x Boba Fett (dark blue)

2x Luke
2x Boba Fett (grey/light green)
2x Stormtrooper

So if you found dark blue Boba,that means no Stormtroopers.Where did you get this info? I hope it's true so I don't have to cancel my order from EE.

Reefer Shark
07-18-2004, 03:43 PM
Yeah, hopefully that's right so I don't have to cancel my pre-order too.

Ji'dai
07-18-2004, 06:03 PM
There are several eBay auctions for the blue-suit Fett that are going way above retail price. Apparently sellers/variant hunters believe the blue suit is a mistake and will be corrected with a grey-suit version. I hope so, I'd rather have the grey.

This pic of a grey-suit Fett is from an auction (#5910302128-not mine) for a blue-suit Fett:

Kidhuman
07-18-2004, 11:06 PM
Man that is ugly. I will be passing on the Fett.

tnswman
07-19-2004, 08:01 AM
My Luke is the same as everyone else's :) take time to inspect the details on the figures face and compare it to the way Hamill looked in ANH. You will see how it resembles him. Or just hate it anyway.

Samuel Windu
07-19-2004, 01:51 PM
One more variation found in Boba Fett w/dark blue jump suit.

See image here (http://www.yakface.com/keri/bluefetts.jpg) :)

shammykenobi
07-19-2004, 09:59 PM
I just picked up the blue-jumpsuit boba fett at my local k-mart (athens ga,). I did not realize that there was going to be a corrected version coming out soon...I have to say that except for the hideous color it looks pretty darn good...not as good as the Jango from a few years ago, but it'll do...it's better than paying $200.00 for the marmit version...so does anyone know 'officially' when and if the corrected version is coming out??

Kidhuman
07-19-2004, 10:17 PM
Those 2 variations look the same to me.

JediTricks
07-20-2004, 01:50 AM
There's a very slight difference that I see, but I'd chalk that up to random dye coloring errors rather than actual variations. Still, it's totally arse!

Ji'dai
07-20-2004, 10:37 AM
I see it now! The variation is one Fett box has the "Star Wars" logo in the corner, the other does not. I own the one on the right, without the logo.

shammykenobi
07-20-2004, 02:20 PM
I haven't noticed whether mine has the 'star wars' logo in the corner or not...but i'm still wandering whether the dark blue fett is an actual mistake that has been corrected or, as someone else mentioned, "random dye coloring errors" If it's not a mistake that is going to be corrected then I'm gonna keep mine, open it and enjoy it, if it is an actual mistake, then i'll just wait until the corrected version comes out, get it and open it, I mean I'd rather have the corrected one to display. And even though the color of the dark blue is theatrically inaccurate it still looks pretty good.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-11-2004, 11:14 AM
The K-Mart nearest to me had all three of the figures, in fairly large quantities. :confused: Why? Well, with the price marked as $129.99, I'd say that's why. :greedy: They look great (except Luke's lipstick), but not THAT great. ;)

Turbowars
08-15-2004, 01:07 PM
Just picked up the Stormy and I must say I'm very impressed! What an improvement. I might pick up a few of these. I haven't seen Fett yet, but Luke is everywhere. Why Oh why did Hasbro put that stupid smile on his face??? Don't answer.

plasticfetish
08-15-2004, 04:53 PM
Just picked up the Stormy and I must say I'm very impressed! What an improvement.Yeah, I just grabbed one yesterday at my local K-mart and it's super. I've seen them around at a few places, but it took me a while to find a "nice" enough boxed one. It'll be hard not opening this thing up -- have to wait 'til later to buy another.

They had a grey suit Fett also, but the box was all banged up. It's nice looking. I'm sure there'll be more of them coming.

JediTricks
08-15-2004, 10:39 PM
I picked up gray-suited Fett at Kmart last night and left a Stormie behind, I didn't even notice that the silver OTC logo on the bottom of the outer box was gonna break when I opened it, that sucked. The box situation on this thing is total crap, I was not entertained by the mock-vintage packaging but all the extra junk under and around it was totally pointless. Freeing the figure was a bit of a pain but with wire cutters it didn't take too long. Unfortunately, the clear-band holding Fett's range-finder up bent the hell out of it and because the rod holding it is so damn soft it's pointing FORWARDS - that totally sucks. The gun is way too small and difficult for the figure to hold (especially with no tilting on the wrists) and the jetpack is too heavy for the armor and easily falls off. The various armor parts are nice, and the tools in the shin pockets actually come out, but with the barely-a-neck and bright yellow kneepads this thing is not worth the money I paid and I really wish I hadn't bothered with this thing, it definitely is the end of my 12" collecting career unless 12" Chewie gets incredible reviews or Hasbro pulls a miracle out for the '05 line.

OC47150
08-16-2004, 02:15 PM
My local Kmart had reset for the holidays and had the 12" VOTC Luke. No other 12" in site.

I might have to reconsider picking Luke up.

Turambar
08-16-2004, 02:48 PM
Hey JT, would you advise for or against picking up the fett? Is the price worth the improvement over the KB talking fett? The other votcs are junk, but I was considering this one.

JediTricks
08-17-2004, 11:19 PM
Turambar, that's a really tough question, I'd say it definitely depends on the collector. This Fett doesn't have enough articulation to get in any really great poses (still using single-joint elbows) and the gun can be awkward in the figure's hands in most poses, but as a "standing there and looking cool" guy he does have that going for him. The figure is in the classic Hasbro "tapered down" look, oversized head tapering down to undersized legs, but so are nearly all the other 12" SW figs really. The packaging could go either way, the inner packaging looks way better out of the big box, but not really good enough to warrant the money though you could break the door's seam and display it like a Collectors Series box that's half-open.

I guess if you are on the fence and have the money, best to get it now and track down a buddy's that's open so you can experience it and decide whether or not to keep your own.

I'll be glad to answer more questions if you want more answers, and I invite others who own this piece to answer as well.

derek
08-18-2004, 04:35 PM
Hey JT, would you advise for or against picking up the fett? Is the price worth the improvement over the KB talking fett? The other votcs are junk, but I was considering this one.

this boba fett, while not perfect, is miles better than hasbro's previous two fett figures.

here is a link to a nice review with photos:

http://www.galactichunter.com/reviews/votc12-bobafett.asp

Ook
08-18-2004, 07:04 PM
Wow, GH's comparison pic of the previous Fett and this one really highlights what a nugget the old one is! I'm really glad they did this one. I was waiting and waiting for one since Jango came out. :)

I got the gray one the other day. It looks awesome, but I've been pretty ticked that the legs on mine are so loose. The right leg even seems longer than the left?! They need to make sure those ball joints are nice and stiff. Either that or they should've used rubber boots, instead of plastic feet. My Jango poses well, and stands pretty good, too. I had to put Boba on a doll stand.

OC47150
08-19-2004, 08:27 AM
Vaderfist, since you're one of the first people to say they've taken Fett out of the package, I'm curious to know more about the body.

Chances are, Hasbro is using a GI Joe-style body for the figs, but which one? There's the old Hall of Fame bodies from the early to mid-90s, where you have to fight to move the arms and legs. The mid-90s 12" SW figures were this style. In the mid- to late-90s, the bodies switched and became more moveable.

Ook
08-20-2004, 12:22 AM
Vaderfist, since you're one of the first people to say they've taken Fett out of the package, I'm curious to know more about the body.

Chances are, Hasbro is using a GI Joe-style body for the figs, but which one? There's the old Hall of Fame bodies from the early to mid-90s, where you have to fight to move the arms and legs. The mid-90s 12" SW figures were this style. In the mid- to late-90s, the bodies switched and became more moveable.
I haven't stripped him, but I think it's akin to the Ultimate Jango body. Feels like the right size, shape and seems to move the same. I'll see if I can gather any more details without making my Mandolorians nekkid... :p

BTW, his legs are black plastic! :eek:

2nd edit: I can't believe I just now remembered to check his pockets! The shin pockets have odd shaped cutting tools/weapons. Didn't those come with one of the POTF2 Fett's? I don't see anything in the velcro pouches...

JediTricks
08-20-2004, 01:03 AM
The elbows and knees only single-bend so to 90 degrees, which is not the modern GI Joe body. The tools in the leg pouches are different from the others because those were sewn in and these are not.