PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Smits on Conan

vadersvette
07-17-2004, 12:21 AM
Anyone see last night's Conan? Jimmy Smits was on for his role in a broadway play, and he talked briefly about his role in Star Wars. He said that Lucas told him he doesn't get a saber, but gets a speeder, and Conan asked "what the hell is a speeder?!" Then he pulled out his Star Wars action figure of his character, Bail Organa. Conan said it looked like a wizardy magician, and asked why it was so small, thinking it should be the topper on a wedding cake. :p

mrpauldeeds
07-17-2004, 04:46 AM
didnt see last nights, but ill catch it on comedy central tomarrow. im glad that bail organa doesnt get a saber. that would be ugly. im fine with a speeder. thats how senetors are supposed to be. who would make a jedi senetor, honestly???

conan is so funny. i think he is the best late night show around.

p.s. i dont know anything about bail organa so if he is jedi, my bad. i just know he is leia's gurdian or something. man you know, who the hell is he and why is he sooo important? he just seems boring to me. does he do anything cool? i hated his actoin figure, and he annoyed me in Ep II.

p.s. again......if you are a bail organa fan, i didnt mean to offend you....;)

vadersvette
07-17-2004, 04:24 PM
No, I'm not a Bail fan. The guy only had 2 minutes of dialouge! The role (and the action figure) could've been better.
I thought is was great when Conan started making fun of the figure. lol That cracked me up. It was a great show! :crazed: