PDA

View Full Version : Impressive, Most Impressive Pictures from EIII!!!

Beast
07-17-2004, 06:20 AM
Don't think these have been posted anywhere, and figured I'd pass them along. Some of these pictures have my inner geek screaming for May 2005 to get here even sooner. Especially the picture of Anakin in the hallway of the Tantive IV. And the 'After Duel' Obi-Wan, consulting with Yoda and Bail Organa about what happened. Probably trying to decide what to do with the twins. Good god, this movie is going to kick so much arse. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Bobajames
07-17-2004, 06:24 AM
two words: suh weet

Beast
07-17-2004, 06:30 AM
Here's another set of five. Really like the new Jedi Starfighter designs. Drawing ever closer to the TIE Fighters we all love and remeber so well. And the wookies look bad arse, I can't wait. Note that all of these have to be shrunk down from larger pictures. If anyone wants to see bigger ones of them, I could probably host a few larger ones on a limited basis on-line. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Elliejabbapop
07-17-2004, 06:49 AM
Don't think these have been posted anywhere, and figured I'd pass them along. Some of these pictures have my inner geek screaming for May 2005 to get here even sooner. Especially the picture of Anakin in the hallway of the Tantive IV. And the 'After Duel' Obi-Wan, consulting with Yoda and Bail Organa about what happened. Probably trying to decide what to do with the twins. Good god, this movie is going to kick so much arse. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stillakid
07-17-2004, 10:40 AM
Probably trying to decide what to do with the twins. Good god, this movie is going to kick so much arse. :)

Yeah, right out the door, especially if they have any of that crap about "deciding what to do with the twins." :rolleyes:

The Wookie picture brought up some baaaaaaddddddd memories of Bea Arthur. How am I going to get that image out of my head? :(

Jay86
07-17-2004, 04:24 PM
If I see any more pics from this movie I'm going to have to be admitted to a mental institution due to the insane amount of anticipation that is flowing through my body...its driving me nuts. I'm too damn excited for my own good. Only 305 days, 07 hours, 35 minutes, and 11...10....9.....8......etc......seconds left :cry:

Thanks for the pics JarJar!!

Jangu Fett
07-17-2004, 07:30 PM
Truely awesome pics JarJar. I can't wait, to see the infamous Blockade Runner in some action, and see it land on a planet. Those new Jedi Starfighter are wild, I love that they look like the TIE Interceptors.

derek
07-17-2004, 10:19 PM
i like everything i'm seeing except the jedi star fighter. it looks too goofy, like they're trying too hard to tie episodes 3 and 4 together.

everything else looks cool.

InsaneJediGirl
07-17-2004, 10:23 PM
Pretty cool stuff so far.Although I think Padme lost a few fillings in the one picture ;-)

The Jedi Starfighter is a little funky to have the "wings" out like that all the time.Hopefully that is only attack mode like an X-Wing.

Pendo
07-18-2004, 07:08 AM
Very nice pictures :D! I agree with derek about the Jedi Starfighter, but everything else looks pretty cool :).

With Anakin being on the Tantive IV, that would be a good hint in ANH that Darth Vader is Anakin, however it's spoiled if George decides to show that Ani is Vader in Episode III! Nope, I'm not shutting up about that :rolleyes:!

:p

PENDO!

JEDIpartner
07-18-2004, 10:10 AM
Well... I think the picture of Anakin on the Tantive IV is more like a promo picture rather than an actual still from a scene. I think they just kinda did that to DO that... I think you know what I'm saying. The rest of the pictures are pretty cool. I don't think the new starfighter is all that bad. I thought the snowspeeders looked pretty strange when I first saw them. I think they will look good buzzing around all of the capital ships.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-18-2004, 12:28 PM
All these pictures are awesome. Thanks a lot, Jar Jar! I really like the one of Mas Amedda leading the Royal Guards, that is too cool. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Pendo
07-18-2004, 01:48 PM
Is the Obi-Wan, Bail and Yoda pic on the Tantive IV too?

PENDO!

Beast
07-18-2004, 02:57 PM
Is the Obi-Wan, Bail and Yoda pic on the Tantive IV too?

PENDO!
Certainly looks like it. Maybe the Tantive IV drops Yoda off on Dagobah, which is why Luke remembers the planet like something from a dream. And then drops Obi-Wan and the infant Luke off on Tatooine, before returning to Alderaan with Leia. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

scruffziller
07-18-2004, 03:09 PM
MAN, UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!

CHECK OUT PALPY ON HIS THRONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Beast
07-18-2004, 03:31 PM
MAN, UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!

CHECK OUT PALPY ON HIS THRONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:
Actually, recheck the picture. That's Palpatine locked to the command chair of the Neimodian Battle Cruiser at the start of the film. When Anakin and Obi-Wan rescue him and have a run in with General Grievous. You can see the restraints on his wrists in the picture. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

derek
07-18-2004, 05:58 PM
Well... I think the picture of Anakin on the Tantive IV is more like a promo picture rather than an actual still from a scene. I think they just kinda did that to DO that... I think you know what I'm saying.

it would be really cool if anakin was with a bunch of clone troopers in that photo.

2-1B
07-18-2004, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the pics, Binksy. :)

Is it me or does that really dark Wookiee look just like Mars from The Hills Have Eyes ?

joesdomain
07-19-2004, 01:56 AM
Are these the new episode III pictures from Star Wars Insider #77? I could of sworn the issue does not ship till Thursday, July 22. If it is from that issue, I wonder how he got those pictures.

Beast
07-19-2004, 02:07 AM
Yes, they're from the Insider. Someone posted the pics on another board I'm on, and loving wonderful guy that I am.....I just had to share. Shhhhhhh! :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

scruffziller
07-19-2004, 10:38 AM
Actually, recheck the picture. That's Palpatine locked to the command chair of the Neimodian Battle Cruiser at the start of the film. When Anakin and Obi-Wan rescue him and have a run in with General Grievous. You can see the restraints on his wrists in the picture. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
True, but it seems to be some kind of an image of a nod of things to come.

Darkness Shroud
07-19-2004, 01:13 PM
Great pictures thankyou. :)

Elliejabbapop
07-20-2004, 05:07 AM
What do you think about this one?:confused: It's been circling round the web for a few days.:)

Pendo
07-20-2004, 05:38 AM
What do you think about this one?:confused: It's been circling round the web for a few days.:)
Looks legit :). Thanks for the pic :).

PENDO!

InsaneJediGirl
07-20-2004, 02:42 PM
Cool picture.I'm not too sure on it,since anyone could have created the image using Photoshop or something similar.

Elliejabbapop
07-20-2004, 04:35 PM
You might be right, but if it's authentic I wonder about its true origin.

Val Da Car
07-20-2004, 11:58 PM
But it is blurry enough to allow leave room open for fan tweaking vs ilm footage....yeah right....maybe ..please

The 'Xir
07-25-2004, 11:03 PM
Jar Jar Binks

Are those actually restraints? Or are they just a part of his robes' sleeves that are rolled up, because if they are restraints they are pretty loose! Which makes me think, if this part of the story(Palps' capture) actualy happens and If Palpatine really is a sith lord... how the hell could he let himself be captured? Unless of course he meant or allowed it to happen for his own motives! :evil:

bigbarada
07-26-2004, 03:24 PM
The more I see of Ep3 the more my jaded view of the prequels is melting away. I'm starting to get really excited about this film. I think it's the Wookies that have got me so happy, I can't wait to see them in action!

The new Jedi Starfighters seem a little strange right now, but I remember not liking the A-Wing from ROTJ at first and now it is one of my favorite ships.

stillakid
07-26-2004, 10:25 PM
The more I see of Ep3 the more my jaded view of the prequels is melting away. .

Pop in the love scene from AOTC for a quick antidote. :D

Slicker
07-26-2004, 10:57 PM
After seeing these limited amounts of pics and their varying backgrounds it makes one wonder how they'll be tied together in such an awesome movie. But now that I think about it I thought the same way about TPM and AOTC. Can't wait.

bigbarada
07-27-2004, 12:49 PM
Pop in the love scene from AOTC for a quick antidote. :D

Yep, that fixed it. :D Actually just the thought of having to sit through the first hour and a half of Ep2 again is enough to swear me off of Star Wars forever.

Slicker
07-27-2004, 06:03 PM
I'm with you. Except for me it's about oh the first 2 hours. What's that the movie's only 2 hours long, imagine that. Some other people *cough*Rocketboy*cough* say that your just a fanboy if you don't like any part or even the whole movie but who cares now my dirty laundry is out their for everyone, I don't like AOTC.

Imperial Monarche
07-28-2004, 04:32 PM
Yeah, right out the door, especially if they have any of that crap about "deciding what to do with the twins." :rolleyes:

The Wookie picture brought up some baaaaaaddddddd memories of Bea Arthur. How am I going to get that image out of my head? :(

Does anything about the prequals make you happy?! Why do you even bother posting here?! Stay in the classic trilogy forums where you seem to belong if you have nothing nice to say about the prequals. Sure, they aren't the classic trilogy but I'm glad they aren't. they are different stories and different times. And, just because it's not the same, people like you knock em. Creators of works always have the right to improve or change upon their own works.

Besides, Stilla, nobodies perfect. Even the classic trilogy had continuity errors between them (ex. Han's disappearing shackles between ESB and ROTJ) i mean, if you guys are going to nitpick about Vader's suit (I know this is the wrong statement for this post and should go in another) being the same in ROTS that's in ROTJ and different then ANH, then let's start nitpicking about what's wrong with the OT before the special editions. funny, I never seem to hear any of that complaining.

Well, I don't want to run this too off topic so I will say something that is relevent to this topic. How do you possibly expect they will explain the spliting up of the twins, Obi-Wan kidnaps Luke and runs off to Tatooine and Bail has no choice but to take care of Leia. No, it has to be decided who will take who and coordinated. Sorry, I don't mean to be so critical, Stilla.

stillakid
07-28-2004, 06:22 PM
Sorry, I don't mean to be so critical, Stilla.
No problem. Really. Speak your mind. I do. :) I understand your frustration. Maybe you'll extend the same courtesy to try to understand mine instead of just thinking that I just bag on the Prequels for no reason. He f'd them up. Plain and simple. It's annoying, frustrating, and confounding. Even more interesting is that some people don't seem to mind. It astounds me everyday.

Does anything about the prequals make you happy?!
Sure. A lot of the design elements are peachy keen neato. Many of the fx are kinda cool, but not all. I really dig the Queen's ship at the start of AOTC. The Podrace concept was interesting. The double lightsaber idea is cool. Amidala's outfits were alluring. I loved the world of Kamino. Coruscant is pretty neat.

Why do you even bother posting here?!
You say "here" as if the Prequels were meant to be entirely separate from the original films. I don't differentiate between them in that way. They all say Star Wars on them, meaning they are all part of one big happy cohesive story...at least they're supposed to. So if your claim that they are separate is true, then that proves my point that we do in fact have two entirely different sets of films that have little to do with one another. You can't have it both ways. Which set of rules should we follow from here on out?

Stay in the classic trilogy forums where you seem to belong if you have nothing nice to say about the prequals. Sure, they aren't the classic trilogy but I'm glad they aren't. they are different stories and different times. And, just because it's not the same, people like you knock em. Creators of works always have the right to improve or change upon their own works.
No. I don't "knock them" because they are different stories. That couldn't be farther from the truth. I knock them because they fail to follow the established continuity of the originals. I fully expected there to be visual improvements and differences in the look which were backed up by story events. Those are welcome additions to the saga. What I object to is the constant reinventing of the continuity which makes that which we already know from the OT obsolete. George is indeed free to improve his work so long as any new additions are within the realm of what came previously. He's ignoring the former work therefore I "knock" him for it. That's fair.

Besides, Stilla, nobodies perfect. Even the classic trilogy had continuity errors between them (ex. Han's disappearing shackles between ESB and ROTJ) i mean, if you guys are going to nitpick about Vader's suit (I know this is the wrong statement for this post and should go in another) being the same in ROTS that's in ROTJ and different then ANH, then let's start nitpicking about what's wrong with the OT before the special editions. funny, I never seem to hear any of that complaining.
I'm not asking for perfection. But he's so far off the mark with so many things lately that it's hard to ignore. So yeah, big deal, the color of a shirt changes by a shade between films. The handcuffs? Never explained...maybe they dissolved when the Carbon stuff hit them? Who knows? Doesn't really matter. There are some things that just don't make a difference in affecting a plot. Some things do. Learning which to "worry about" and which to let go is part of any valid critique.

Well, I don't want to run this too off topic so I will say something that is relevent to this topic. How do you possibly expect they will explain the spliting up of the twins, Obi-Wan kidnaps Luke and runs off to Tatooine and Bail has no choice but to take care of Leia. No, it has to be decided who will take who and coordinated.
Sure, of course it does...but it doesn't have to be onscreen. All the relevant information is given in the OT films already. Besides that, to toss all that crap out in Episode III effectively helps to negate all of that mystery surrounding Luke's identity, Vader's identity, and Leia's relationship with the two of them. For a new audience watching the Saga for the first time from I - VI, ESB and ROTJ will be an ultra-stupid bore as all that build up that we experience will seem extremely silly and pointless. In other words, why such drama over who is who when all the cards were thrown out on the table already in Episode III? Lucas is a moron.

Imperial Monarche
07-29-2004, 07:51 PM
For a new audience watching the Saga for the first time from I - VI, ESB and ROTJ will be an ultra-stupid bore as all that build up that we experience will seem extremely silly and pointless. In other words, why such drama over who is who when all the cards were thrown out on the table already in Episode III?

You know what.......I totally agree with you. In fact, besides some of the smaller details that I think are stupid in the PT (Yes, I do think the midiclorians were not needed and Jake Lloyd was probably the worst part of TPM, as well as some of the corny dialogue, I won't get into details though), I think how Lucas is treating the PT assuming the OT has already been seen is the biggest short coming of the PT. I agree that the whole mystery behind how important Luke is, the surprise behind Vader's revelation and Leia being Luke's sister is completely destroyed in the PT. At the end, the audience should assume that Anakin is dead and that Palpatine found a new apprentice in Darth Vader. That would keep the big surprise in ESB. Now, showing the twins being born destroys any mystery surrounding Luke and Leia. But, I do think that's one that can be let go because it's such a major part to be shown in ROTS.

Lucas is a moron.

I beg to differ. Anyone that can create a story like Star Wars, one that generates billions of dollars and created so much controversy that keeps people like you and I debating probably forever is no moron.

Kyle Katarn
07-29-2004, 08:15 PM
Those images are great, I canīt wait to see the Jedi Starfighter Withe Tie style in action, they are awesome, thanks for the pics.

stillakid
07-29-2004, 10:07 PM
I beg to differ. Anyone that can create a story like Star Wars, one that generates billions of dollars and created so much controversy that keeps people like you and I debating probably forever is no moron.

Well, if he was deliberately creating controversy in order to keep geeks like you and I talking, that would be one thing. But he really believes that he's doing the right thing. That's what makes him a moron. For not recognizing what's really happening outside his fortress walls. Sure, there will always be a cadre of loyal fanboys who will run to his defense, but in the general populace, he's created a larger segment who no longer give a sh##. Is that what he really was going for?

Slicker
07-29-2004, 10:13 PM
Your quite uh...opionionated stilla. But for the most part I totally agree with you. I think Lucas is trying to hide some of the poorer aspects of the films behind dazzling special effects and costumes. He should concentrate on story AND special effects. By the by the love scene in AOTC was the cheesiest worst written "love" scene ever.

stillakid
07-29-2004, 10:20 PM
Your quite uh...opionionated stilla.

Ya think? I've been trying to come out of my shell for awhile. How do you think I'm doing? ;)

Bosskman
07-30-2004, 06:18 AM
Vader's suit doesn't have to be the same as it was in ANH. Vader is one of the wealthiest beings in the whole Galaxy. I think he can afford more than one suit. At the very least, there could be an explanitory line inserted into ANH for the DVD that has Vader saying to himself "I must choke that new taylor for not getting this suit right." (that last part was a joke just in case certain people here take what I say the wrong way, althought that never happened before (again, another joke, seriously, not everything needs to be spelled out))

Jargo
07-30-2004, 09:06 AM
I'm more concerned about the fact that Anakin goes from being young caucasian Canadian to elderly black afro American. As much as I love JEJ and his work I really think they should have found someone with a similar speech intonation pattern to Hayden to do the voice dubbing and redub the whole saga. Vaders intonations have always bugged me. The rise and fall is all wrong. Sounds like JEJ was sight reading rather than performing.
As far as the suit goes, I really couldn't care less as long as it looks similar. I mean he wears the damn thing permanently so his suits were bound to wear out, legitimate wear and tear would mean replacement suits from time to time and thus the subtle changes over the time frame of the saga. Sorted.
Now - next topic.......

stillakid
07-30-2004, 10:43 AM
I'm more concerned about the fact that Anakin goes from being young caucasian Canadian to elderly black afro American. As much as I love JEJ and his work I really think they should have found someone with a similar speech intonation pattern to Hayden to do the voice dubbing and redub the whole saga. Vaders intonations have always bugged me. The rise and fall is all wrong. Sounds like JEJ was sight reading rather than performing.
As far as the suit goes, I really couldn't care less as long as it looks similar. I mean he wears the damn thing permanently so his suits were bound to wear out, legitimate wear and tear would mean replacement suits from time to time and thus the subtle changes over the time frame of the saga. Sorted.
Now - next topic.......

I agree and have suggested previously that there is a serious disconnect building between the young Anakin and the costumed Darth Vader that he becomes later on. Just about everything, from the way he talks to the way he walks is entirely different when you look at Hayden vs. Prowse/James Earl Jones. With that in mind, why would Lucas add another layer of doubt in linking the decidely different Prequels to the classic films which established the continuity of his universe by not being as "accurate" within the linear context with the costume as possible?

jeddah
07-30-2004, 11:10 AM
I agree and have suggested previously that there is a serious disconnect building between the young Anakin and the costumed Darth Vader that he becomes later on.

Is this not desirable inasmuch as Vader is the antithesis of Good Jedi Anakin? I think that is quite acceptable really. I don't think we can start measuring the evolution in terms of he has to be recognisable. If that were true, then the whole Vader/Father reveal would be robbed of its suspense, and forgive me if I am wrong (because this is just from presumption), but I kinda had you down as a person who thinks it important that we don;t know Anakin is Vader.

Mind you, this is all moot (in the American meaning of the word ;) ) if His Georgeship decides to clearly link Anakin as Vader.

jeddah

jblodgett
07-30-2004, 12:09 PM
Sorry to jump into this conversation so late...

The handcuffs? Never explained

Not sure exactly what you are talking about, but I assume you are talking about Han Solo's handcuffs when he is placed in the carbonite in ESB. I have always thought that the Ugnaught's removed his handcuffs prior to him being frozen. Of course, that doesn't explaint he band he had going behind his back, to keep his arms together- which is miracuously gone when Leia frees him in ROTJ.

I have always thought it peculiar that he is standing with his hands at his sides when they start the carbon freezing process, and by the time the block is formed his hands have been brought up into a defensive posture. Plus, right after he's frozen and in Jabba's palace, the block appears almost black in color. But when Boba Fett is marching him down the hallways of Bespin, the block is a nice gunmetal gray color.

Oh well, just those peculiar little quirks.

stillakid
07-30-2004, 12:51 PM
Is this not desirable inasmuch as Vader is the antithesis of Good Jedi Anakin?

And when exactly did we see that (Good Jedi Anakin)? :confused:

bigbarada
07-30-2004, 01:13 PM
And when exactly did we see that (Good Jedi Anakin)? :confused:

In our imaginations when Ben described him in ANH; but there is no evidence of his existence in the prequels at this time. :)

I don't mind the voice thing, because Lucas has already established (probably unintentionally) that some masks have voice changing abilities. Just listen to Leia in ROTJ when she is wearing the Boushh helmet. As long as JEJ does the voicework for Vader in Ep3, I don't think first-time fans will have a problem making the connection at all.

stillakid
07-30-2004, 03:47 PM
In our imaginations when Ben described him in ANH; but there is no evidence of his existence in the prequels at this time. :)

I don't mind the voice thing, because Lucas has already established (probably unintentionally) that some masks have voice changing abilities. Just listen to Leia in ROTJ when she is wearing the Boushh helmet. As long as JEJ does the voicework for Vader in Ep3, I don't think first-time fans will have a problem making the connection at all.

But will he still be doing that psuedo-mumble thing that Christenson does, like he's trying to be European or something?

Imperial Monarche
07-31-2004, 10:18 AM
I agree and have suggested previously that there is a serious disconnect building between the young Anakin and the costumed Darth Vader that he becomes later on. Just about everything, from the way he talks to the way he walks is entirely different when you look at Hayden vs. Prowse/James Earl Jones. With that in mind, why would Lucas add another layer of doubt in linking the decidely different Prequels to the classic films which established the continuity of his universe by not being as "accurate" within the linear context with the costume as possible?

Well, I guess it's way too early to make judgement calls on the whole voice and posture of Vader being different than Hayden's, but just look at it this way. Obi-Wan said that "he's more machine now, than man". This would assume that Anakin is a shell of a man. Who knows what he looks like after the fight with Obi-Wan. I mean, his body could consist of his head and torso. Therefore, his limbs would have to be robotic. This would account for height enhancements and walking differences. And, even if he does still have his legs, the suit itself would add significant height. It's basically all in the suit. Now, regarding the voice change, give me a break guys. Do you want Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith, to sound like Hayden Christiansen? I mean, that's not even funny. But, to look at it as a literal since, Vader's voice is altered from the respirator he has to wear to survive. Listen to people that get throat cancer from cigarettes and have to talk through a voice machine. I'm sure that's not what their real voices sound like. It has to sound deep, mechanical and evil.

Imperial Monarche
07-31-2004, 10:27 AM
Ya think? I've been trying to come out of my shell for awhile. How do you think I'm doing? ;)

Quite well, actually. You have really established a reputation for hating the prequals and finding every reason to complain about it, yet seem to find nothing wrong with the OT. But, there's nothing wrong with it because it creates the debates that make's posts like this one deviate from their origin to talking about this. I actually get on most posts just to look for what you have to say so I can retort. It's fun.

stillakid
07-31-2004, 11:01 AM
And, even if he does still have his legs, the suit itself would add significant height.
:confused: I suppose the pinstripes would make him look taller. ;)

Do you want Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith, to sound like Hayden Christiansen?
That may be a little bit of the point here. Perhaps Lucas should have cast someone a little less prissy and gone with a more rugged type, say a young Hugh Jackman-type. Not only would we get that similarity in mannerisms, but we'd also start out with a gruffness to the voice which would make the transition to Vader more plausible. I mean, look at us. As it stands now, we all have to conjure up a million and one excuses as to how Hayden can transition into a David Prowse/James Earl Jones personae. It didn't need to be that way if Lucas had just done his job correctly from the start. Either recast Prequel Anakin or reshoot the OT Vader with a priss inside.