PDA

View Full Version : Scene 1

Bosskman
07-17-2004, 10:19 AM
I noticed on the pics of the boxed cantina scene over at rebelscum that it said "scene 1" on the front of the box. Could this mean that another is on the way? (hopes for a semi-circular bar piece)

Turbowars
07-17-2004, 12:06 PM
Yes, the curved bar pieces would be nice. Well if Hasbro gives the series a chance, then yes I could see it in the future. What I mean about giving it a chance is, Hasbro needs to throw some other never seen before in plastic figures in the sets. Instead of 1 new figure out of 3, how about 2 out of 3. Many of the remaining aliens from the cantina can be kit bashed by Hasbro and they could save big.

mericen
07-17-2004, 05:32 PM
I would not mind them making 4 more sets after this one. They could include one with Ponda Baba, one with Mowmaw Nadon, one with Greedo and one with Lak Sivrak then the other two in each set could be new. I would like to see them include Dice Ibegon, Dannik Jericho, Bom Vidim, Myo, the Gotal, the Givin, A saurin, and Banis Keeg.

DarkArtist
07-18-2004, 12:18 PM
What about the Tonnika Sisters. A greedo scene has already been done and the repack of Greedo in OTC is on it's way. Plus the Hammerhead and and Ponda Baba have been done as well. If fact my Walmart still has the original versions falling off the pegs. Perhaps Hasbro can work on a new base for the Cantina Band and maybe even new sculpts of the figures....ones that actually stand with their instruments. Also Hasbro can honor the vintage line by making some of the Cantina Aliens look like their orignal Kenner versions from the 70's. C'mon retro Hammerhead and Walrusman with the articulation of the today ? Maybe we can finally get a mass produced Blue Snaggletooth to frequent our new OTC Cantina.

Bosskman
07-18-2004, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I'd buy a updated blue snaggletooth. Just for old times sake (like the Zutton). I'd also buy a Bea Arthur figure from the holiday special. (No joke, I really would)

Kidhuman
07-18-2004, 11:27 PM
I wouldnt mind these sets. I would buy all of them if they included new figures.

OCB
07-18-2004, 11:48 PM
Scene 2 has been rumored to be Obi-Wan, Ponda Baba and Blue Snaggletooth ;)

Kidhuman
07-19-2004, 09:07 AM
Sweet deal. Finally a blue snags.

jjreason
07-19-2004, 12:03 PM
I would be less surprised to see set 2 contain Greedo, Ponda Baba and Momaw Nadon. Possibly with new paint to force some of us (completists) to rebuy - but we need to remember the EpIII production is full speed ahead. I don't foresee any new characters or sculpts for the next set. :(

Slicker
07-19-2004, 12:35 PM
These sets are gonna totally rock! The paint deco on them is quite a departure from the norm for Star Wars figures and that isn't a bad thing. And the Blue Snaggletooth would be interesting as would the original 1977 sculpts. You could count me in to buy them.

jedi master sal
07-19-2004, 03:30 PM
A rumor that I just heard yesterday that scene 2 would be:
Dannik Jerriko (the pipe smoker), Hrchek Kal Fas (Saurin-looks like Bossk but short), and Baniss Keeg (partner to Ellorrs Madak-a Duron) with 1 Curved section and two straight.

If this is true, this leads me to believe there would be a third set with another curved section. Also, Hasbro has most of this made already in the form of the straight sections, Ellorrs Madak who would be repainted to be Baniss, and Bossk's head for Hrchek. Looking at Dannik Jerriko, he could be a Imperial Officer body with a different head sculpt and repainted clothes (molded in a gray plastic). See here:
http://www.zuul.gotdns.com/swunknown/Characters/dannikjerriko.htm

This would Definitely ROCK! Who cares that most of it would be rehashed. If new heads on old bodies or new paint jobs get us these figs and a curved bar piece so be it.

BTW, the rumor came from a collector, who I've known for about 3 years now, who has a "friend" that works for Hasbro. Take it with a grain of salt, but it seems very possible.

As to a third set, they (Hasbro) could pick any three from this list and I'd be happy:

Bom Vimdin (Advozse)
Hem Dazon (Arcona)
Myo (Abyssin)
Feltipern Trevagg (Gotal) One of the MOST wanted!
M'iiyoom Onith (H'nemthe) Would compliment Feltipern nicely-due to backstory in Tales from the Cantina
Sai'Torr Kal Fas (Saurin) well if they wanted to rehash Hrchek Kal Fas...
Brea & Senni Tonnika But of course without the permission from the actors for their likeness, we will probably never see them.
Dice Ibegon (Lamproid) maybe this one as an extra and not really a figure.
Reegesk (Ranat)
Elis Helrot (Givin)

There's twelve in that list. Enough to make FOUR more cantina sets! Besides the rumored one and the new "Scene One" set. Sorry miscount there's 11, but still there's more that I didn't even list.

-Sal

Kidhuman
07-19-2004, 08:49 PM
The only one I want without a doubt is Hem. I mean, he was the first(second if you count Jawas) alien in the movie. Why not make him already?

TheDarthVader
07-19-2004, 09:17 PM
I agree with the keeper of the beard. Hem must be made! There are no exceptions...HE IS THE FIRST ALIEN WE SEE IN THE CANTINA!!!!!!!! IS HASBRO LISTENING TO THIS??! Anyway, I'd buy two Hems if he ever gets created.

B.

Samuel Windu
07-21-2004, 07:24 AM
Now scene 2 have been confirmed be Obi-Wan,Blue Snaggletooth & Ponda Baba.Hope it will more scenes planning & release.And hope more cantina aleins made.

jedi master sal
07-21-2004, 06:55 PM
Gawd, what crap is this from Hasbro?

I sure wish the rumor I heard panned out. At least we'd be getting some new figs.

Even if the Snaggletooth is the blue one, it's still based off of one already made.

Bleh, I say to you Hasbro.

Take a hint and give us more "never before made" figures before the desire to collect starts to wane. You might have the contract til 2018, but you won't have as high an interest in this stuff after EPIII is out in theaters.

Darth Tornado
07-23-2004, 10:52 AM
Man talk about sticking it to us. They seem to take our wishes and twist them into some sick sense of humor(You want a blue snaggletooth fine then you have to buy 2 older peg warmers to get him muwa hahahaha :crazed: )