PDA

View Full Version : Stargate Atlantis

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-17-2004, 09:34 AM
Anyone catch this new spin-off? I'm glad it's a coexisting series to SG-1, instead of just being a new series. The show look promising.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-20-2004, 06:51 PM
Did the pilot air already? I wanted to see it. Anyone know if it'll rerun soon?

JediTricks
07-20-2004, 08:56 PM
The pilot aired last Friday, it was kinda weak IMO. In fact, it reminded me an awful lot of Stargate: Infinities, the Saturday morning cartoon spin-off that bombed recently. Hell, even Atlantis's new gate sucks, instead of a big moving wheel each segment of the ring has LEDs that light up. Atlantis looks like it's gonna be ST:Voyager with goofier shuttlecraft, no starship, and a distinct leadership vacuum.

Man Can, I'm afraid the pilot (2 hour premiere episode "Rising") isn't coming up in the sched for the next 2 months, but I'm sure they'll reair it sometime before the end of the year.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-20-2004, 09:04 PM
The pilot aired last Friday, it was kinda weak IMO. In fact, it reminded me an awful lot of Stargate: Infinities, the Saturday morning cartoon spin-off that bombed recently. Hell, even Atlantis's new gate sucks, instead of a big moving wheel each segment of the ring has LEDs that light up. Atlantis looks like it's gonna be ST:Voyager with goofier shuttlecraft, no starship, and a distinct leadership vacuum.

Man Can, I'm afraid the pilot (2 hour premiere episode "Rising") isn't coming up in the sched for the next 2 months, but I'm sure they'll reair it sometime before the end of the year.

LOL, I agree, the shuttlecraft looked goofy.
BTW, if anyone missed it, here's a recap of what happened:

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/episodes/season1/episode101/

Dr Zoltar
07-21-2004, 01:26 PM
I felt Stargate: Atlantis was week as well. I enjoyed the reusing of characters we've already seen in the in the SG 1 show, but this spinoff feels cheap. I'm trying to keep my hopes up, but Sci-Fi is known for screwing up shows (Sliders anyone?).