PDA

View Full Version : What data is important to you?

SirSteve
07-17-2004, 07:48 PM
While I am moving the data in the new Photo Gallery Database, I would like to know what data is important to you that should be included. I will move this into the Polls section after it has ended because this is targeted to this Forum. Please select all that apply. The Figure # will be included for sure so I did not add that to the options.

Kidhuman
07-17-2004, 09:20 PM
I voted for release date, price exclusive and variation. I want to know when it was/will be released, how much(MSRP), and if it is exclusive or not. As for variation, I dont collect them, but if I happen to see them, I would get it. ALso if it is a variation(clean/dirty scout) I will sometimes count them as different figures, but not the Luke Dagobah regular/handstand versions. Same thing different pose.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-17-2004, 09:20 PM
I went with 4 choices...availability, price, exclusive and accessories.

I like to know it's an exclusive only so that I'll know if I'll be able to get it from Kebco or if I have to go to the particular store it's an exclusive in.

Variations I don't care about (but I know they are extremely important to others so I think that should be included as well). The only variation I have ever wanted to get was the bloody hand luke, 'cause I love blood and gore stuff ;)

Bobby Fett
07-17-2004, 10:01 PM
I voted for everything except price, because I seldom pay that price for new figures, and don't really care what it sold for if it's no longer available.

On the other hand, it doesn't bother me if the price is listed.

One thing that I would like to see is more coverage of foreign versions.

stillakid
07-18-2004, 10:44 AM
I essentially want to see what is being released, when to expect it, and where. Those are the big three. It's also important to know about the exclusives and exactly where and when to get them without having to search under rocks and trees to find out. The old fashioned wave listings were perfect in their simplicity. I could personally care less about the "lines" that are released. That's just extraneous information like telling me that the bubbles are on the left or right. Doesn't matter. Just the facts. :)

Turbowars
07-18-2004, 11:13 AM
I voted for everything but UPC #, P/N and Price. These aren't really anything to be concerned about. I mean if you don't know the the price by now, you must be hiding under a rock and not collecting anyways.

SirSteve
07-18-2004, 12:41 PM
UPC # is important because it will make searching (and for us, adding) a particular figure very easy since this # is unique.

mrpauldeeds
07-18-2004, 01:44 PM
i just said price and variation. im a variation collector so i like to see lists of variations i can get.

the other things are important, but to me arent needed.

stillakid
07-18-2004, 05:30 PM
UPC # is important because it will make searching (and for us, adding) a particular figure very easy since this # is unique.

Isn't that what the character names are for?

Turbowars
07-18-2004, 05:55 PM
No, the names are to confuse anyone. Names have no significance.;)

stillakid
07-20-2004, 11:16 PM
While laboriously copying the pages from the Collector's Database it occurred to me that a great edition to the SSG forums would be a "sticky" at the top of each Collection Line listing every figure that is released in that category. Obviously all the earlier lines are finished so it would mean a simple cut and paste for the benefit of having an easy to access checklist.

For the OTC and future lines, the sticky post could be added onto...at the bottom of each list...not integrated alphabetically or whatever...as a kind of de facto Wave Listing like we had in the old days.

Hellboy
07-20-2004, 11:38 PM
Well I voted for everything but the #'s. I don't see any benefit by having that information.

BTW I think stillakid's idea regarding the sticky checklists is a great one. I think it would prove to be extremely useful to many collectors.

Kidhuman
07-20-2004, 11:45 PM
Stillakid, if you look in the Case asst thread, I have posted the asst's so far that have been released. If thats what you meant.

stillakid
07-21-2004, 10:00 AM
Stillakid, if you look in the Case asst thread, I have posted the asst's so far that have been released. If thats what you meant.

Yeah, like that! :) Can you add release dates on those? It's helpful for collectors to know whether "retail time" has passed so they know to save up their pennies for the scalpers.

Kidhuman
07-21-2004, 11:01 PM
Adding thenm now Stillakid,. The only thing is I get them fromEE, so I have to use their release dates.

stillakid
07-21-2004, 11:57 PM
Adding thenm now Stillakid,. The only thing is I get them fromEE, so I have to use their release dates.

Wow! How much do I owe you? :greedy:

Kidhuman
07-22-2004, 12:08 AM
Wow! How much do I owe you? :greedy:

Just dont mention how much you hate the prequels for 1 week and we'll call it even. ;) :beard:

stillakid
07-23-2004, 11:11 AM
__________________________________________________ ______________

Just dont mention how much you hate the prequels for 1 week and we'll call it even. ;) :beard:

The what?

B'Omarr Monkey
07-29-2004, 01:24 AM
I'm especially interested in variations, accessories and release dates.

Like, whoever mentioned it, I consider the clean/dirty scout troopers as seperate figures, ditto the various head sculpts on the troopers (good pics of those would help as well).

As an opener, I'm good at keeping my accessories with whom they belong, but mix-ups occurr, and since I don't display figures with accesories that they don't actually use in the movies (all those senate figures with their dreamcatchers on a stick) it would be useful to see who they came with if I ever needed to know. It would also help any of us buying "loose complete" make sure that they are in fact "complete."

Release dates are great for reasons stated. It also allows us to plan ahead. This is also a good reason to include prices, especially on vehicles, multi-packs and deluxe sets, whose prices vary more than the individual carded figures.

I would also suggest listing if a figure has been previously released, and if so, what was it released as and in what line. Also, if there are significant paint changes, retooling, or accessory changes from previous releases, these should be noted as well. There are several figures in the OTC line which are recards, but seem different enough from their previous released versions to merit being considered as new figures (Bespin Luke for one). On the same note, until I saw Princess Leia- Flight From Alderaan, I wasn't sure if it was a new figure or a recard since the name was different. Ditto the commtech Han who is appearing under a number of names.

SirSteve
07-29-2004, 11:43 AM
Isn't that what the character names are for?
If someone (a newbie perhaps) enters just Darth Vader (because that is what is on the package), they would get a ton of results. The UPC would narrow it down to 1 result.

SirSteve
07-29-2004, 11:57 AM
While laboriously copying the pages from the Collector's Database it occurred to me that a great edition to the SSG forums would be a "sticky" at the top of each Collection Line listing every figure that is released in that category. Obviously all the earlier lines are finished so it would mean a simple cut and paste for the benefit of having an easy to access checklist.

For the OTC and future lines, the sticky post could be added onto...at the bottom of each list...not integrated alphabetically or whatever...as a kind of de facto Wave Listing like we had in the old days.
Are you volunteering? :D

IMFETTUP
07-29-2004, 12:26 PM
Voted for variations, availability, and accessories. I do like the idea of variations, or errors as they sometimes turn out to be! It can be extremely exciting to run across something you've only read about in posts (like a blue visor Jango Fett) and makes the endless hours of searching worthwhile. I also like to know when I should start making trips to my local stores, not that I ever stop! In retrospect, I don't know why I voted for accessories since I don't often remove my figures from the package.:ermm:

stillakid
07-29-2004, 06:06 PM
If someone (a newbie perhaps) enters just Darth Vader (because that is what is on the package), they would get a ton of results. The UPC would narrow it down to 1 result.
What if you don't have the UPC code as is the more typical scenario? I don't even know how to get UPC codes except after the purchase when it's in my hands.

Are you volunteering?

If I already knew that information that I'm asking for, I wouldn't be asking for it. I'm uniquely unqualified to provide release details. :ermm:

LusiferSam
08-10-2004, 11:54 AM
I was meaning to post on this one but spaced on it. I'd thought I rank these.

1. Accessories Included (for figures)
Easily the most important me as I'm a loose collector. Its nice to have an organized of keeping track of all of them.

2. Availability (month and/or year)
Knowing when some thing is available at retail is a boost when looking for it.

3. Exclusive
Always nice to know this. If your hunting in the wrong store, I'll never find what your looking for.

4. Variations
I'm not variation hunter, so this is of little value to me. But sometimes I like to know if I have a variation.

5. Price
General speaking I know the price already (we're talking retail price, not market price, right?)

6. Assortment #
I use to care about this, but not any more.

7. UPC #
Useless to me.

8. P/N # (this is unique to every item)
Seeing is how I don't know what this is, it's not useful to me.