PDA

View Full Version : How Do/Did You Get Yours?

jjreason
07-19-2004, 12:10 PM
Here's a list of the silver figures so far, along with my method for procuring them. How did you guys/gals do it? What are your plans for this year's crop?

[1] Toy Fair Darth Vader - don't have one.
[2] R2-D2 - Amazon online order.
[3] Boba Fett - Through a friend in the US who has connections to a hobby store.
[4] Clonetrooper - Amazon online order.
[5] Sandtrooper - I have no plan.
[6] Darth Vader - I plan to order through Amazon.

mastermatt24
07-19-2004, 12:18 PM
[1] Toy Fair Darth Vader - don't have one.
[2] R2-D2 - TRU
[3] Boba Fett - Never got
[4] Clonetrooper - TRU
[5] Sandtrooper - Comic Con
[6] Darth Vader - TRU?

I hope I can get this years..

Reefer Shark
07-19-2004, 01:25 PM
[1] Toy Fair Darth Vader - scored a nice mint one in a trade

[2] R2-D2 - TRU

[3] Boba Fett - Never got one, and probably never will.

[4] Clonetrooper - TRU

[5] Sandtrooper - Probably won't end up getting this one (unless I find it real cheap)

[6] Darth Vader - TRU hopefully

dindae
07-19-2004, 01:37 PM
[1] Toy Fair Darth Vader - got from a friend who got it from the fanclub

[2] R2-D2 - TRU

[3] Boba Fett - got from GEN CON

[4] Clonetrooper - TRU

[5] Sandtrooper - hope to get from fanclub

[6] Darth Vader - TRU hopefully

Reefer Shark and mastermatt24 I have two extra silver boba's that I will sell for $10 plus shipping or trade. Private message me.

mastermatt24
07-19-2004, 02:12 PM
[1]
Reefer Shark and mastermatt24 I have two extra silver boba's that I will sell for $10 plus shipping or trade. Private message me.

You have a PM! :D

[1] Toy Fair Darth Vader - scored a nice mint one in a trade

What did you give him/her for it??

Reefer Shark
07-19-2004, 03:02 PM
What did you give him/her for it??
I had to give a butt-load of stuff. Way too much really. It was old McFarlane stuff, and some other random crap that I really wasn't into anymore.

The Vader was going for around $300 at that time, so I gave they guy about $300 worth of stuff (aftermarket value, not retail). Then the price started dropping on the Vaders, and the guy felt bad so he gave me $60 cash back (which was really cool of him).

I probably got burned money wise, but I'm still happy I did the trade. I love the TF Vader, it's a jewel in my collection. Plus I cleared up some much needed storage space.

btw:
Dindae - thanks for the offer! Really nice of you, but I'm not into the silver Fett for some reason. Mabye someone else here would like it?

jedi master sal
07-19-2004, 03:13 PM
[1] Toy Fair Darth Vader - Don't have one. Hopefully trade or find one to buy relatively cheap someday (ha, yeah right)
[2] R2-D2 - TRU
[3] Boba Fett - Origins (convention in Ohio, last June-2003)
[4] Clonetrooper - TRU
[5] Sandtrooper - shopstarwars.com
[6] Darth Vader - TRU-hopefully

Dr Zoltar
07-19-2004, 07:49 PM
[1] Toy Fair Darth Vader - Bought off eBay
[2] R2-D2 - TRU (Bought $20 worth of stuff)
[3] Boba Fett - Ordered from Fan Club
[4] Clonetrooper - TRU (Bought for $5)
[5] Sandtrooper - Friend might get me one at SDCC. If not, I won't get one.
[6] Darth Vader - Don't want it.

gsr-jedi
07-19-2004, 08:18 PM
[1] Toy Fair Darth Vader - Don't have one
[2] R2-D2 - Bought $20 worth of stuff at TRU
[3] Boba Fett - Fan Club
[4] Clonetrooper - TRU, stopped in one day and they had a wall full
[5] Sandtrooper - Comic-Con
[6] Darth Vader - probably just buy at TRU, hopefully it will be like the Clone

Kidhuman
07-19-2004, 09:16 PM
[1] Toy Fair Darth Vader - Don't have one
[2] R2-D2 - trade
[3] Boba Fett - trade
[4] Clonetrooper - Bought from JMG
[5] Sandtrooper - dunno if I want one
[6] Darth Vader - Amazon preorder

JediTricks
07-20-2004, 01:54 AM
TF Vader: - Originally, I was supposed to get Steve's, but after everybody thought S was being a greedy scalper by auctioning one off for someone he worked with the day of Toy Fair, S decided to give his away to a site visitor (and the auction take went to charity). Luckily, I got in early on the Fan Club selling one (it was good timing), mine didn't even come damaged the way a lot of others did.

TRU R2: Went down to TRU and picked up AF AT-TE and crummy AF Solar Sailer.

The rest: No interest at all, so didn't bother.

Ji'dai
07-20-2004, 10:24 AM
[1] Toy Fair Darth Vader - Passed when I saw it offered on the Fan Club. $15 for a figure, blecch!
[2] R2-D2 - free w/$20 purchase at TRU (they had new figures and the new landspeeder)
[3] Boba Fett - along with Santa Yoda order at Paizo store/Fan Club
[4] Clonetrooper - Don't have one / couldn't find any new SW in TRU to buy to get it, then missed out when they just sold them outright. Not losing any sleep over it.
[5] Sandtrooper - not to excited about it, if I get it fine, if not, not a big deal
[6] Darth Vader - ditto

jedi-cpa
07-20-2004, 12:02 PM
[1] Toy Fair Darth Vader - Not yet, one day when I feel like I've earned it, I'll splurge
[2] R2-D2 - Free with my Slave I purchase
[3] Boba Fett - Fan Club (I think)
[4] Clonetrooper - TRU 4.99
[5] Sandtrooper - This stinks, I'll have to do EBay for this one.
[6] Darth Vader - I'll nab it at TRU...I am not worried aboutt getting my hands on this, even if I have to hit eBay it won't be much more of a premium.

DGFD
07-20-2004, 09:42 PM
Toy Fair Vader - Fan Club

R2-D2 - Toys R Us ($20 purchase)

Boba Fett - Fan Club

Clonetrooper - Found on pegs for $4.99

Sandtrooper - Through hyperspace at starwarsshop.com

Darth Vader - Toys R Us

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-20-2004, 09:48 PM
1] Toy Fair Darth Vader: N/A
[2] R2-D2: TRU
[3] Boba Fett: bought it off a member in my local SW group
[4] Clonetrooper: TRU
[5] Sandtrooper: N/A
[6] Darth Vader: N/A

Lord Malakite
07-21-2004, 11:40 AM
Toy Fair Vader - Was one of the lucky ones to get 2 through the Fan Club in mint condition, one for myself and one for JBF.

Clone Trooper - JBF bought 2 through Amazon, one for himself and one for me.

I've missed out on the rest that are currently out.

Hellboy
07-21-2004, 10:25 PM
TF Vader: Bought at a hobby shop for $60. Which at the time seemed like to much but looking back I'm glad I did.

R2-D2: Bought a second Republic Gunship at TRU and got 1 R2. Then I noticed the lady at the customer service desk was in the process of a shift change so I went back up to the counter after she left and got another for a friend using the same receipt. :evil:

Boba Fett: Fan Club. One for me and another for a friend.

Clone Trooper: TRU for $4.99

Sandtrooper: I'll probably get it through the Fan Club.

Darth Vader: I'll most likely pass on this and all future silver releases. The fad has worn off and is getting tired.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-23-2004, 12:08 PM
Darth Vader: I won the JMP kids auction for this guy, and I sure am glad I did. So basically he was free, but I had to send in a buttload of points to get it.

R2-D2: I don't remember exactly, but I think I got the TRU Landspeeder (something else too? Maybe? I don't know) so I got it for free.

Boba Fett: From the Paizo site.

Clone Trooper: I bought two Royal Guards (they still have TONS) and a Sail Barge Lando, then I got a raincheck and went back a few days later to get it. They didn't have it the first time I went.

Sandtrooper: I'll get it from the Fan Club site.

Darth Vader, take 2: I don't know if I'll get it, but I might, especially if it's free.

OC47150
07-23-2004, 12:46 PM
Vader: Don't have. Would like one but would have to get a second mortgage on the house to get it.

R2: Bought the landspeeder and got it.

Fett: Picked it up at GenCon.

Clonetrooper: Ordered off Amazon.

Sandtrooper: Hopefully pick one up at GenCon this year!

New Vader: TRU or Amazon (whichever is available)

aceguide
07-23-2004, 03:27 PM
No Vader

R2 with Landspeeder for free at TRU

Boba - Paizo website

Clone with 4 Hoth set for free at TRU

Sand - might get it if it comes through the fan club for a decent price

Vader II - ditto

JediTricks
07-23-2004, 09:31 PM
JabbaJohn, how many points did he end up costing? And what was his condition when you got him?

CrunchyNug
08-09-2004, 06:15 PM
[1] Toy Fair Darth Vader - Traded over 9,000 JMP's for this one in the Hasbro Auctions
[2] R2-D2 - TRU
[3] Boba Fett - Comic Con
[4] Clonetrooper - TRU
[5] Sandtrooper - Comic Con

ALL are minty-mint!!!

mastermatt24
08-10-2004, 12:52 AM
[1] Toy Fair Darth Vader - Traded over 9,000 JMP's for this one in the Hasbro Auction!
Holy coW!! Your the first person that I know that has won something from that
******* auction. Thats kinda neat. How did you get so many?? I was so proud of my self for wasting so much time going through all of those cardbacks and boxes cutting those darn things out... And I only had like 880 :( I was SOOO disapointed when I went to that auction site and found out that they were up in the thousands range.. :dis:
I SHAKE MY FIST AT YOU HASBRO! :mad:

Deoxyribonucleic
08-10-2004, 01:15 AM
I was unable to go to the con this year so my good friend picked up two sandtroopers for me! I was lucky and my friend is wonderful! :D

jjreason
08-10-2004, 01:47 AM
Holy coW!! Your the first person that I know that has won something from that
******* auction. Thats kinda neat. How did you get so many?? I was so proud of my self for wasting so much time going through all of those cardbacks and boxes cutting those darn things out... And I only had like 880 :( I was SOOO disapointed when I went to that auction site and found out that they were up in the thousands range.. :dis:
I SHAKE MY FIST AT YOU HASBRO! :mad:

I felt that way too, I couldn't imagine many people had more than my total of 2000 some odd...... man was I off. There wasn't anything in the 2000-3000 range that was even remotely interesting, those auctions were a disappointment for me too.

Silver Sandtrooper - has been mailed to my brother from StarWarsShop.com (according to my email).

Now, only the 2 Vaders to go - and with any luck they'll stick to their statement that this is the end of the line.

bauchi
08-17-2004, 04:31 PM
(1) Toy Fair Vader -Want Bad but not sure how much I want to spend

(2) R2D2 -TRU X4 AFA-U85 Friend

(3)Boba Fett -SDCC X1 AFA-U90 Friend,X2 from SDCC,X1 Mexicon Version Friend

(4)Clone Trooper -TRU X1 AFA-U85 Friend,X1 from TRU

(5)Sand Trooper -SDCC X2 From SDCC

(6)TRU Vader -Will Get

You probably wonder why so many Well I stopped buy the normal run of Figures cause Hasbro hasn't done anything its been the same Figures on differnt cards.I figures if I just do the Exclusives(figures) and the Gen-Y(Unleashed)I can still have a nice collection .I also been collecting the Gentle Giant Mini Bust.

DahrJin
09-15-2004, 10:47 AM
[1] Toy Fair Darth Vader - From a collector friend at the F.C. price!
[2] R2-D2 - From a collector friend.
[3] Boba Fett - From a collector friend that attended one of the Cons that year.
[4] Clonetrooper - 1 from a collector friend who bought 2 through Amazon.com - 1 from another friend who had an extra.
[5] Sandtrooper - 1 from a collector friend that attended Comic Con - 1 from a collector friend that bought 2 from SWS.com.
[6] Darth Vader - TRU, I hope! (or I will resort to my collector friend to hook me up.)

Guess you could say, "I get by with a little help from my friends."

DarthQuack
10-02-2004, 10:41 PM
Don't have any of these yet....Probably will have to hit up eBay... :(