PDA

View Full Version : Luke esb and mace fx sabers NOW SHIPPING!!!:)

jimmy_obrien
07-20-2004, 09:11 AM
Its just been posted up on the accu ship schedule that these items have now started to ship http://www2.masterreplicas.com/CustomerCare/About.aspx

So flight 1 is most likely away all ive to do now is wait 2-4 more weeks for flight 4 LOL.

By the way has anyone on the 1st flight received confirmation that its on its way??

jimmy_obrien
07-20-2004, 05:39 PM
OK stroke of coincidence I've just received my email notification telling me that my fx sabers are ready to be shipped and dispatched to me. however am I supposed to recieve a tracking number with this email or do I receive another email telling me the number?? help would be great lads and lassies

JediTricks
07-20-2004, 10:37 PM
I also am in flight 4 and got an email saying my item was ready to ship now, but I am being skeptical on that claim simply to spare myself the disappointment next month when my birthday rolls around and no Luke FX. :p

jimmy_obrien
07-21-2004, 06:39 AM
Lol the same as myself, personally I think they might have got cancelled orders or whatever and moved some people up. who knows???

I know for a fact that when you receive the email that we got yesterday that supposedly a week later or leading up to a week, we get another email with our tracking numbers for the parcel.However even if i get the luke and mace fx shipped im still looking at another 2-4 week wait for the item to get across the pond from the U.S to Ireland and clear customs. Knowing the idiots in customs in my country they probably would think its a real lightsaber LOL.

Im prepared to receive a notification from the irish customs to pay some heavy duty tax anyway's. so far ive paid around 450 U S dollars or 350 euros in my case. the thing that gets me is the shipping and handling 95 bucks for EACH saber.

Anyways good to see that people are beggining to get the orders for the new fx stuff, just dying to get the luke fx cuse it looks just like the one in episode 3 cept for the little screws on the grip pads.

JediTricks
07-21-2004, 07:30 PM
I'm spoiler-free so I'll have to take your word on the Ep 3 saber issue. :p

Thanks for the timeline info on the emails, I'll keep my eye peeled for the tracking # email even though I was being skeptical. :D

That sucks about the shipping cost and the customs tarifs, that's ridiculous. I've sent stuff to Australia that didn't cost anywhere near that, certainly that's a MUCH longer trip. I don't understand why this international shipping is so darn expensive for you guys; if it's on MR's shoulders, what's the point? Isn't that going to risk their customers going to another retailer for the items?

jimmy_obrien
07-21-2004, 08:10 PM
sorry if i spoiled anything for ye on ep3 lol was intending to stay spoiler free including not watching teaser trailers but i caved after a month, dying to see that film next year we finally see how and why it all went down the way it did.

Back to brass tax anyway.

to be perfectly honest jedi tricks when it comes to ireland your dealling with essentially just ONE flippin major sci-fi store in the entire country, which is forbidden planet (theres one in new york in the states) however this place deals with comics figs books etc etc but when it comes to limited and fancy stuff like fx sabers PHTTT forget it man we have had a total of just SIX vader and ONE anakin fx since x-mas gone and i picked up one of the vader. i also got my obi wan weathered from em in febuary so they get LIMITED supplys of limited edition stuff at very HIGH prices. I know its ridiculous but there is a MAJOR MAJOR demand in ireland for this stuff, its the stuff of dreams for ppl like me to get these items in my own hands and look at and wonder why the hell didnt they ship more for more people. the fx sabers are great thou i love em dont see why they dont make em as widely available over in other countrys as the states which you can seem to find at the local supermarket or toy store. im still waitin on the vintage figures over here to arrive so i can buy em.Right now ile be looking at around 75 euro each saber to clear customs which is fecking ridiculous (scuse the launguage) overall my total bill for this loot of sabers is as follows

Shipping & Handling: $97.24 EACH SABER

Subtotal: $119.00 FOR EACH SABER

IF customs stings me 75.50 euros

overall its cost me nearly 450 euro to get two items across the ocean.
could have paid for a holiday with that money but im saving this year (least i tought i was) never the less im well pleased with my purchase and will enjoy these immensely. what i wont enjoy is the fiasco with the shipping price i could have bought 4 sabers with change to get home on the bus if i was buying them over in ireland LOL.

As for your shipping tricks well im just quoting what mr has stated on their site with the accu ship info which is

The Shipment Flight Schedule for a collectible will be posted on our website once we are certain of our shipment schedule.

You will receive an e-mail notification one week prior to your specific "Flight" departure so you will know that your collectible will be on its way to you shortly.

Once your collectible leaves our warehouse you will receive an e-mail notifying you of its shipment and the appropriate tracking information. (Individual orders will usually leave our warehouse within a week of the Flights Departure)

With your tracking number you can check the shipment progress of your collectible until it reaches your door.

so if you dont get ure email next week its not my fault man LOL JKIN
id say ule get it at the very latest the beggining of september if you dont get ure email next week, its on its way as we type thou so take comfort in that its on its way and ule get it b4 me u luky dog lol, damn ireland whys it have to be sofar away from amaerica.

Hellboy
08-11-2004, 09:15 PM
When you guys get your sabers I'd love to hear how each one turned out, specifically if it has any sensitivity issues like Vader's and the accuracy of the hilts. I want to get both but can only afford one and I can't decide. I'm leaning towards Luke's but man Mace's hilt looks amazing and purple would look so unique. :Ponder:

JediTricks
08-11-2004, 09:51 PM
Mine has arrived, but I can't open it till the end of the month. I'll be sure to let you know then. I'm expecting good things.

I would definitely go with Luke's, it is the perfect compliment to the Vader FX saber.

jimmy_obrien
08-12-2004, 08:47 PM
To be honest id buy either of the two cuse they are really cool and really accurate in my opinion. BUT if you can only get one id go with lukes esb saber.

Jayspawn
08-13-2004, 10:40 AM
I'd get the Luke FX if I wasnt getting the Stormtrooper Blaster.

JediTricks
08-29-2004, 11:26 PM
Hellboy, I got to open the Luke FX saber yesterday finally, it's very nice. The hilt is very accurate, I'd call it as accurate as the Vader one. The movement sensor works way better than the Vader one, and hasn't gone crazy like the Vader one often does. The blue is as bright as the red on Vader's. The clash sensor is a little less sensitive, but not a big problem. To prove it's the perfect compliment to the Vader saber, where that one has only 1 clash sound, this one has like 4 or 5 different clashes! I'm doing a more detailed review on it soon here on the site, but you've got the early info. :D

Hellboy
08-30-2004, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the update JT, sounds cool. I've decided to go with Luke's as well so I'll look forward to reading your review. Hope you had a happy b-day. :D

JediTricks
08-30-2004, 10:34 PM
Thanks. I didn't, but oh well. ;)

As for the review, it's written and just awaiting Steve's images to go with it, it should be up by tonight.

bru
09-23-2004, 06:59 PM
hi guys, new member......

I ordered the anakin FX when it first came out. it was cool and I enjoyed it but the more I looked at it over time the more I thought it was not made very good. the electronics were buggy and the hilt was well def less than perfect. I paid full price when it first came out then bought another as they were offering a good deal @ $69.99 ? with free shipping. applied my $25 MR reward and it got it for $44.99 shipped. good deal!!! sold both of them on ebay for a profit @ last xmas hoping they will make a better one in the future.

well the Luke saber looks cool!!! I wanted a graflex flash unit but the offerings on ebay are too high. then I found these 2 sites. good deal at $125.00 for a hilt.

http://www.graflexshop.com/
http://www.buystarwarsstuff.com/

exact replica flashes that actually still work as flashes. but I want the noise and only MR offers that. so I ordered one today and I hope its alot more acurrate than the anakin one. if not I will sell it and buy one of those replica hilts. if I do like it I might buy one anyway to compare and have one to wear and one to play with.

this site had nice pics and review of it.

JediLip
09-24-2004, 04:32 AM
Welcome bru,

Keep in mind that if you want the Graflex with the EL electronics you'll spend a lot more than $125. The $125 is the cost for a bare Graflex 3-Cell replica. No grips...no blade...no electronics.

All of the MR FX sabers are oversized to house the electronics. I have a Parks EL saber and although I'd like to have the sound effects, the size accuracy is more important to me. That's just my tastes. Parks makes great Graflex replicas and I'd recommend getting one eventually. If you're a Rebelscum or RPF member, itbedave offers these at a good discount.

I think someday when the prices drop for the MR Luke ESB FX, I'll pick one up so I can duel with my 4-year-old daughter. She likes playing with my Vader FX. I just wish they made them smaller for her hands. :ermm:

bru
09-24-2004, 08:19 AM
Thanks for the welcome.

I am aware of that, been looking at these for a few years. the hilt is whats important to me as spending that kind of money for a light basically that makes no spound effect is too much. the light is nothing without the sound effects and the sound effects are nothing without the light. they go hand in hand and getting an EL would just be a bright light and nothing else, thats why MR is so sought after.

I know the MR are over sized but detail is more important to me than a little bit of size difference. if the detail is there this time unlike the anakin I will be very happy. but everyones taste is different. :)

I do think the parks sabers are great but if only they could add sound effects would it be the absolute perfect lightsaber to say the least!!!

the prices will drop on the MR but I could not wait like when the Anakins came out. the good thing is they will go out of production and before they do MR will offer a deep discount and because I already bought a saber I will get points to add to my next purchase and hoping like before I will get a second at a very deep discount and either sell one to get costs back or keep both depending how good they look. the pics look very good that this site posted.

the parks sabers are stunning and I think its great how the blade comes off so you can enjoy just the hilt but man the no sound effects just kills it for me.