PDA

View Full Version : Exorcist: The Beginning

Hellboy
07-20-2004, 07:07 PM
The new full trailer for Exorcist: The Beginning is up exclusively over at Latino Review. The film hits theaters August 20th and stars Stellan Skargard, Isabella Scorupco, Ralph Brown, and is directed by Renny Harlin.

Check it out: :Ogre:

http://www.latinoreview.com/ExorcistTrailer/index.html

mrpauldeeds
07-20-2004, 09:34 PM
it looks okay....almost looks like "The Mummy", but with the devil and such instead of a mummy.

I thought this was just a remake of the original, it will be interesting to see the story line.

2-1B
07-20-2004, 11:46 PM
I'll see it because I love the original and enjoy the 3rd but I won't expect much.
Renny Harlin directing an Exorcist movie ? Bah !

JON9000
07-21-2004, 12:45 AM
Renny Harlin directing an Exorcist movie ? Bah !
My thoughts exactly. but then again, John Boorman is a great director and look what he did with Exorcist II!

scruffziller
07-22-2004, 02:40 PM
It looks intersesting, kind of has that Indiana Jones meets a horror flick feel to it.

2-1B
07-22-2004, 11:57 PM
My thoughts exactly. but then again, John Boorman is a great director and look what he did with Exorcist II!

That's true but I blame Ex2 on the greed of WB to cash in on the original.

William Peter Blatty wasn't the same level of director as Boorman yet Ex3 is obviously so much better than 2 . . . clearly Blatty had better material to work with because, well, he wrote it. :D

JEDIpartner
07-23-2004, 08:56 AM
Has anyone read the book on which this is based? The story is about Father Karas's early days. It doesn't have much of a narrative and is more about his philosophies and such. I'm actually surprised they derived a plot out of that at all!! I really don't have much of a good feeling about this film.

Hellboy
07-23-2004, 04:11 PM
Well I'm not the biggest Exorcist fan out there but I did enjoy the first film. I tried to watch the second years ago and got about half way through before I gave up on that mess of a movie. I've never seen the 3rd but I might give it a chance someday. As far as this new one goes I'm not sure if it'll be good or not. I'm not by any means a Renny Harlin fan and can't really see him directing a good horror film but we'll see. :neutral:

Hellboy
07-26-2004, 05:03 PM
Seems there is more trouble with this film. This was reported over at Bloody-Disgusting.com
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/index.php?Show=2225&Template=newsfull

Warner Brothers and Morgan Creek just can't seem to get the demons off their new horror film Exorcist: The Beginning. Everything just keeps going wrong, even after re-shooting the entire movie with Renny Harlin, they still have more challenges to face, such as the dreaded MPAA, who has just slapped the film with a NC-17 rating.

Apparently the MPAA's decision is being appealed by the studios but the film might have to be cut to receive an R rating since its so close to the release date. If that happens its been reported "fans can look forward to seeing these deleted scenes on the DVD".

2-1B
08-22-2004, 02:14 PM
Hellboy, give E3 a chance ! :)

Well, I saw this 4th film last night . . . awesome ! Not the best in the series of course but I think I might like it more than the 3rd movie. Stellan as Father Merrin was PERFECT and I think he made the movie for me.

Wow, I can't believe how much I got into it. Don't get me wrong, it's not a great movie by any means but I thought it could be downright awful but I REALLY enjoyed it ! I don't know if anything got cut but the gore was rather bountiful, at least more than I expected !

I didn't like the young priest but overall I thought the cast was pretty good. And don't forget Ric Olie as that one sergeant ! :D

the CG was a bit shaky at time but overall I didn't mind it.

Ooooooh, nice setup of the Pazuzu statue, it totally took me back to the original film.

Mr Fett
08-22-2004, 11:20 PM
I also like the film. it's not the firts but way better than the other two and in the end it ties really well with the original exorsist (IMO):evil: :Ogre:

Bosskman
08-23-2004, 05:12 AM
The first one was good, the other 2 were crap. REAL CRAP. I hope this one is better. Caesar, your review is encouraging.

2-1B
02-18-2005, 02:33 PM
What's up with the DVD ?

Last year on E True Hollywood Story, they said they would release BOTH version of the movie on the DVD. Well, the DVD is scheduled for next month and the online stores don't seem to have info as to what it contains.

I liked Harlin's movie and want to get it on DVD but I'm also VERY interested in seeing Schroeder's film so if I need to wait for a special edition release, I'll do that.