PDA

View Full Version : Silver Sandtrooper

DGFD
07-20-2004, 09:47 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that the new silver sandtrooper will be available to hyperspace members through starwarsshop.com starting on Monday July 26th. This was reported in the new Star Wars insider that I recieved a couple of days ago. It says quantities will be limited. I do not remember seeing a price, but I would assume it will cost $10 plus shipping. Hope everyone that wants one gets one.

manji
07-28-2004, 04:11 PM
Has anyone else had difficulty ordering this figure from the website? I am a hyperspace member and I've followed all on-screen instructions, but for some reason the "add to cart" button never appears. The site says the figure is still in stock, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've called the Fan Club toll-free number, but they tell me they have no control over the website. Any suggestions?

Deoxyribonucleic
07-28-2004, 04:21 PM
I've called the Fan Club toll-free number, but they tell me they have no control over the website. Any suggestions?

Typical :rolleyes:

that COMPLETELY justifies my previous decision of NOT joining that piece of junk fanclub.

Hellboy
07-28-2004, 06:09 PM
Has anyone else had difficulty ordering this figure from the website? I am a hyperspace member and I've followed all on-screen instructions, but for some reason the "add to cart" button never appears. The site says the figure is still in stock, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've called the Fan Club toll-free number, but they tell me they have no control over the website. Any suggestions?

I noticed that too but since I'm not a Hyperspace member I figured that was the reason for the Sandtrooper not having it's own "add to cart" button on my screen. If they do have them "In Stock" as it says you'd think you could order by phone.

Vortex
07-28-2004, 06:31 PM
Yea a little miffed about how its only available to hyperspace memebers. I got shafted on that deal when Lucas picked it back up from Pizza Publishing...about 2 months after I renewed I got that new renewal note about how if I pay and renew again I get hyperspace perks. I wasn't about to cut another check.

I'm not overly worried though. It's like all the other exclusives they pump out. They always pull this "Limited" crap. Look at 2 packs they had, AT-AT Driver, Leia Hoth, Pote, Death Star Droid, Holiday Yoda, the silver Fett, Wurhr, etc. Everyone hurried to order due to the "Limited" tag but then they hit clearance on the website and some of the carded figs wound up at TRU...or so reports came in they hit TRU.

But I'm not overly worried about quanties and getting one, especially if its limited to 3 per customer...they gotta have a ton of them. I'm doubting the "Limited" bit. Marketing ploy.

Reefer Shark
07-28-2004, 06:54 PM
The fan club has been a joke for years now. All of my past experiences with them have been terrible.

So far, I haven't heard anything to convince me that they've changed their ways. Now it just seems you have to pay them for spoilers and bad service :rolleyes: . Lucky for me a fellow SSG member scored me a silver sandtrooper from the con.

I really hope the OTC exclusive doesn't command too much of a markup on the aftermarket.

JEDIpartner
08-03-2004, 09:08 AM
I had no problems ordering mine... MY problem, as is the problem with everyone else who ordered it, is that the cards arrived crushed. Apparently, they are just shoving them in the boxes with reckless abandon. Jedi Drew is getting the better of the two... since he's pickier about such things.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-03-2004, 11:36 AM
My package was also messed way the hell up. There is a huge crease on the left side, and normally I don't care, but these silver figures are the only ones I keep on the cards. It was wrapped so deeply in bubble wrap that there was no way it could have stayed mint. What a joke!

Anyway, it also came with a cool "The First Ten Years" pin and a Yoda Heritage card. Why are they sending these? They are cool, but odd.

JEDIpartner
08-03-2004, 12:35 PM
I got a pin that looked like Count Dooku...

Kidhuman
08-03-2004, 02:01 PM
Is it me remembering wrong, or did the same thing happen with the silver clone from Amazon? Maybe it is Hasbro muffing the merch up and not them.

JEDIpartner
08-03-2004, 02:56 PM
No... Silver Clone arrived fine.

jedi master sal
08-03-2004, 05:24 PM
I got mine yesterday. I guess I have to count myself among the lucky ones, because both of mine came MINTY FRESH! Not a thing wrong with them.

I too received a Yoda Topps Heritage Promo card (P2). The pin I got was a Chewbacca Disney pin.

Very nice extras.

Dave_Cameron
08-04-2004, 12:16 PM
You are definitely lucky. Mine arrived crushed. :(

jjreason
08-04-2004, 07:05 PM
Well I just ordered mine, and am now guessing I should have ordered 2 based on these posts. I don't really care about card condition either, but these are the only figures I keep carded as well (they're no good loose - stupid completist nature just stinks..... but enough about me.....) and I wouldn't mind having it look half decent. It has to survive 3 trips - Club to my brother (in Cleveland), Cleveland to London, Ontario, then from London out west. Only time will tell.

Samuel Windu
08-05-2004, 11:40 AM
Congrats who get the mint silver figures.

DGFD
08-23-2004, 07:28 PM
Finally got my replacements today after they were picked up on August 4th, they were both in great condition. If anyone is interested starwarsshop.com is selling non-mint sandtroopers for $8.99, What a bargain (sarcastic). We all know how many non-mint figures they have though.......lots.

Lazer Brain
08-30-2004, 11:56 AM
I Missed This Figure, I Just Got Around To The Piont Where I Was Going To Order This Weekend , And When I Went To The Site They Were No Longer Posted. Are They Sold Out Already?
Still Hoping To Order Them.
Later

Darkness Shroud
08-31-2004, 01:37 PM
For those that want a "mint" carded Silver Sandtrooper they should check out Brians Toys. They are only $39.99. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: lol