PDA

View Full Version : Pic of VOTC Boba Fett @ StarWars.com

mm74md
07-20-2004, 10:05 PM
Awesome detailed pic of VOTC Boba Fett, Chewy, Stormtrooper, & R2 in Hyperspace. The Boba Fett is everything we all wanted in a Boba Fett as is the Stormtrooper.

Chewy & R2 look ok.

There is also a pic of Scene 2 of the Cantina Sets with POTF2 Ben, Saga Ponda, & a Blue Zutton/Snaggletooth from POTJ. Looks really lame.

http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/member/kessel/f20040720/index.html

Kidhuman
07-20-2004, 10:08 PM
CRUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it only in the hyperspace section? Can someone post pics or email them to me? I would aprreciate it.

Hellboy
07-20-2004, 10:17 PM
Yes!!!... and now you too can see this picture and much much more, all for the low low price of only $39.95. :crazed: :rolleyes:

Or you can just wait until the pics from the San Diego Comic-con start coming in. :D

Hellboy
07-20-2004, 10:33 PM
This was just reported over at RS regarding the Hyperspace Photo Gallery.

The photo gallery includes some pretty cool new images of toys including, VOTC Chewbacca, VOTC R2-D2 (with pop out buzzsaw!), super articulated VOTC Boba Fett, and get this, another cantina 3 pack packaged with Ponda Baba, Obi-Wan, and a Blue Snaggletooth!

http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=52209

A Blue Snaggletooth!?!? :eek: Sweet!! :D

Turbowars
07-20-2004, 10:34 PM
Why oh why a POTF2 Ben Hasbro? Man we don't even get a new figure out of the bunch! BFD Hasbro, thanks for yet another repaint. Man at least the POTF2 3 packs came with all new cantina figures.

Hey what's the deal with R2? Any arms or goodies? So, Fett is way better than POTJ Fett? Are we talking about a SA Fett with all the bells and what not?

Kidhuman
07-20-2004, 10:38 PM
Yes the SA Fett. I want to see it now.

Turbowars
07-20-2004, 10:39 PM
This was just reported over at RS regarding the Hyperspace Photo Gallery.

http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=52209

A Blue Snaggletooth!?!? :eek: Sweet!! :DYeah, I guess it's better than having Greedo thrown in there again. These sets so could rock, but hasbro has no interest in making our jaws drop. Maybe VOTC Fett will, but these sets wont.

Samuel Windu
07-21-2004, 06:49 AM
Super Articulated Boba Fett,I'm so curious.Can't wait to see the picture.

mm74md
07-21-2004, 12:16 PM
CRUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it only in the hyperspace section? Can someone post pics or email them to me? I would aprreciate it.

Can't post Hyper Space stuff on SSG. Check your email.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-21-2004, 12:29 PM
Whoa, those VOTC figures really look great! I thought R2-D2 was going to have a sensorscope, though?

What's the deal with that Cantina set? All the pieces are the same as the other sets, but with different figures! The set has a tall blue snaggletooth, the same Ponda Baba from the first cantina sets, but with a gun, and Flashback Obi-Wan with his hood up. How long was the damn bar in the movie? Surely not as long as Hasbro is gonna make it. I bet they'll have set 3 with Greedo, Momaw Nadon, and Djas Puhr soon. :rolleyes:

NewtonDKC
07-21-2004, 01:46 PM
Argh! MY Hyperspace membership expired - I just tried to rejoin but they said I will receive an email in 1-2 DAYS with my new password, etc!! Could somebody please send me a pic of the new R2 D2? Boba, Chewie, StormTrooper are fine too, but R2 is really the only one I can't wait to see. He's always been my favorite, and was my first figure ever when I was little. I've been dying to see the new VOTC version - I really hope he's great!

If someone can send me a pic I'd be eternally grateful!!!
Thanks,
Newton
(ps - feel free to send to caldwelld@rcbhsc.wvu.edu).
Thanks in advance!!!

dindae
07-21-2004, 04:27 PM
Wow I'm glad to say I'm not disappointed by this at all.

vadersvette
07-21-2004, 04:32 PM
Could someone please e-mail me the pictures of the new Vintage figures? I'm with the dark side...I'm very impatient :crazed:

aceguide
07-21-2004, 04:33 PM
I looks OK to me. I will reserve my enthusiasm for a while until we get a couple more pics.

NewtonDKC
07-21-2004, 05:01 PM
I think R2 looks fantastic (always my favorite character and figure), but a couple things bother me. 1st, it looks like his middle leg is fixed. I had hoped they wouldn't do this again after the Naboo Escape/Tatooine MIssion which severely restircts poseability. But maybe they had to for the pop out saw arm. IN other news, his "wires" on his feet look like real wires instead of the boring straight lines that we've gotten thus far - a vast improvement and this one tiny detail goes a long way toward making him look more realistic.

I'm not sure how the little doors on his body are done, but hopefully they open and close (I'm fairly certain the saw has to be attached like the original "R2 w./ Tools and Periscope" model as it looks too big and long to fit in his body. THe head looks to be the best sculpt yet for an R2 unit, very accurate, and the "metallized dome", at least in these pics, doesn't look tacky or cheap like I had worried it might. It doesn't look as chromey as the older ones, but it's not as matte as the grayish silver dome versions we've been getting.

I can't see any sign of a sensorscope, though one assumes he will have one, since the card for Return of the Jedi was the same Sensorscope card that debuted in EMpire (remember pop up saber R2 wasn't a Return figure, but a Power of the Force offering). His radar eye looks like it will be the same eye pipe design from the original POTF2 variety, which is fine with me even though it's not movie accurate. I really hope the seam on the head is much better done than mos R2's where the seam never seems to meet very well and there's always a side of his head that's off or doesn't fit well (of course, a single head piece like the vintage R2 - but with the detail of today - would be absolute bliss - but I guess that's too hard to do with all the details).

All in all, this could certainly be the best R2 figure ever (I'm hoping for the best - now if they can just integrate the Dagobah sound cjip in ths body for the next version with a rotating sensorscope head - am I asking for too much? <grin>). He looks very much like a minature version of the voice controlled R2 Astromech Droid. And that's just dandy with me. :-)

If anyone gets anymore pics, feel to send my way. :-)

Bacta Beast
07-21-2004, 07:32 PM
Arrrrghhhh!!! I hate the fan club! They didn't do anything like this whe I had a membership! Will someone please E-mail some pictures at e-5-c-4-p-3@comcast.net? Please? I've already seen the cantina photos, they posted those on hasbro's site.

Kidhuman
07-21-2004, 10:50 PM
Can't post Hyper Space stuff on SSG. Check your email.

You big tease, there was nothing there. :frus: :beard:

vadersvette
07-22-2004, 01:50 AM
Galactic Hunter (http://www.galactichunter.com) has a ton of pictures of The ROTJ Vintage figures :D

JEDIpartner
07-22-2004, 10:05 AM
I may have to pick up, in addition to the opener and carded one, a third Artoo so I can snap off that middle leg! It looks good, though. I'm glad a little more care went into the mould for this one.

The Chewie looks great. It looks like they may have sculpted his torso a bit like the Wampa's. I hope that's the case.

Boba Fett is probably the best one of the three. Nice way of hiding the shoulder articulation and making the sculpt a little more accurate.

I didn't think they could improve upon the Commtech Stormie, but it looks like they did! Nice work!!!

NewtonDKC
07-22-2004, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the Glactic Hunter info - incredible pics!!!

jblodgett
07-22-2004, 12:47 PM
Did Boba Fett have that belt??

That looks like Jango Fett's belt.

Darth Tornado
07-23-2004, 10:49 AM
They should of just articulated the 300th Boba Fett and stick him on an empire card :classic: