PDA

View Full Version : Twin-Pod Cloud Car Question?

Hellboy
07-20-2004, 11:22 PM
I recently aquired a vintage Twin-Pod Cloud Car and though I had this vehicle as a kid I can't seem to remember if it had any decals other than where the engine vents are located in the middle of the vehicle. The one I have doesn't have anything in the cockpits and I was wondering if it originally came with them?

LusiferSam
07-21-2004, 01:16 AM
Yes, the Cloud Car should have decals in the cockpits. My has two small decals, one for each cockpit, that act as a control panel. And as best as I can tell those are the only decals (counting the engine ones) for the Cloud Car.

Hellboy
07-21-2004, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the info LusiferSam, I had a feeling that was the case. :dis: Sucks I'm missing them.

Seems to me if someone actually took the time to reproduce decals for the vintage vehicles similar to the reproduced weapons they could make some good money.

LusiferSam
07-21-2004, 11:28 PM
Seems to me if someone actually took the time to reproduce decals for the vintage vehicles similar to the reproduced weapons they could make some good money.
Why pay for them? Check out this site: Gadders.com (http://www.gadders.com/). I looked and it does have scans for the Cloud Car.

Hellboy
07-22-2004, 11:10 PM
Very very cool LusiferSam. You just made my day, thanks. :D

mark2d2
08-01-2004, 02:45 AM
Thanks for the info LusiferSam, I had a feeling that was the case. :dis: Sucks I'm missing them.

Guess what. Toyrestore.com has some of these available. I ordered some repro Jawa capes from the guy and he was fast and reliable. Not sure if they have the Could Car yet, but there was a lot on the sight and a lot that is coming. The stickers looked extremely high quality to me and the prices were reasonable.

Hellboy
08-01-2004, 02:10 PM
Cool site, thanks.

Hopefully they'll get more reproductions in for some of the other vehicles too. No cloud car stuff yet but I'll check back for that and a few other things I could use to complete some of my vehicles.

That site would be even cooler if they carried the modern lines as well. I'd love to pick up a few extra sets of cockpit stickers for the POTF2 red A-Wing so I could put some in my green Saga A-Wings, which should've come with them anyways IMO.

LusiferSam
08-02-2004, 12:26 AM
Guess what. Toyrestore.com has some of these available. I ordered some repro Jawa capes from the guy and he was fast and reliable. Not sure if they have the Could Car yet, but there was a lot on the sight and a lot that is coming. The stickers looked extremely high quality to me and the prices were reasonable.
I see repro as a very sharp double edged sword. For people who are happy it and know its not real, great. But there are too many dishonest people out there passing that crap off as real or at best not saying anything. I have to spend a lot of time learning how tell the real stuff from the fake junk (which is what it is). Stickers and decals I don't care as much about, but figure accessories are the crake of vintage collecting.