PDA

View Full Version : New Snowspeeder!

sith_killer_99
12-20-2001, 07:22 AM
Well, is this supposed to be the FINAL version?

It sure looks like it.:rolleyes:

Where is Luke?:confused:

It looks like Dack is just another weak Hasbro pack-in. I guess they are having some trouble getting away from the BUFF look.:eek:

Yep, that Dack sure is buff. HEHEHEHE

Overall, the speeder looks pretty good. I will be buying at least 1 maybe more if they ever go on sale!!!:D

I like the way Hasbro has been packing ships with this new line, a trend I'd like to see continue thru EP2 at least.:)

Don't ask my why, since I open all of my ships.

But it has to be great for all those MIMB collectors. Now they can have their toy and see it too.:D

Wolfwood319
12-20-2001, 07:33 AM
Where is Luke anyway? Is that him leaning over the ship? If that's Luke, where's Dack? And the front of the box doesn't mention Luke (other than Luke Skywalker's snowspeeder), it just says it comes with a Dack figure.

The Dack body seems to be a Biggs' body, with a new head on it. The Snowspeeder looked as if it had less color than the 96' version. Can the broken laser cannon be positioned so the speeder doesn't look "crashed."

I also don't like the packaged Luke (I guess) leaning over the snowspeeder. It doesn' look ver good IMO. I think it would have been better if the figures were packaged standing in the front (no goofy action pose) or packaged in the speeder with the canopy up.

I guess I'll really have to see the final product in my hands to make a final judgement.

evenflow
12-20-2001, 08:20 AM
I also noticed that there was no mention of Luke, I am going to say that he will not be included, only Dack.

Obi-Don
12-20-2001, 09:21 AM
I think it look good but I really don't need another one.Would like to get the Dack figure.

JEDIpartner
12-20-2001, 09:33 AM
Yes, that would be Luke laying on the wing. Dack is packed in the back end... dead. Just like in the film. Yeah... there's nothing special about the Dack figure, but you really saw little of him in the film anyhow. I think that was Hasbro's take on this. At least they didn't just stick an X-Wing pilot's body on him... note the collar on his flight suit.

I don't really see too much of a problem on this... other than, as Wolfwood so kindly asked, can the cannon be positioned so it's not eternally in "crashed position".

Wolfwood319
12-20-2001, 09:44 AM
Actaully, on the bottom of the box, there is a picture of both the Luke and Dack figures, as well as the Snowspeeder in the correcto position, not crashed.

I just found this, I still don't know why the front and sides only say Dack figure.

JediTricks
12-20-2001, 11:46 AM
1) Luke is leaning over the ship, if you squint (or enhance the images), you can see Dack "sleeping" in the gunner's seat in the Boxed Front and Boxed Left pics.

2) Dack appears to be a new body, though it may be cobbled together from pieces of other X-wing and Snowspeeder pilot figures from POTJ and POTF2. The collar and the weird fat piping on the sleeves (as well as some other, smaller cosmetic changes) make this a snowspeeder pilot outfit as opposed to the x-wing outfit.

3) The laser cannons on the POTF2 snowspeeder pop easily in and out of the energizer where this POTJ one is "smashed". I am pretty sure it's meant to be totally fixable.

4) Luke is supposed to be digging in the snowspeeder for his grappling gun and thermal grenade, so the posed Luke may not be fantastic, but it's trying to be accurate.

5) I can't wait for this set, the POTF2 one is pretty nifty, but the giant cannon on the back of that made it disappointing, while this new one has the normal cannon - no spring-loaded mega-cannon.

Darkross
12-20-2001, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
Actaully, on the bottom of the box, there is a picture of both the Luke and Dack figures, as well as the Snowspeeder in the correcto position, not crashed.

I just found this, I still don't know why the front and sides only say Dack figure.

If you look on the bottom of the box as mentioned in the above quote...you will see the words "Includes 2 Rebel Alliance Pilots". I like the new speeder...and I plan on getting 3 of them! I love the Dack figure pack-in....who cares if he's buff...how do we know that he wasn't...afterall we only saw him in the gunner station in Luke's snowpeeder! Anyway...I like both figures so far...especially since Hasbro didn't include that goofy POTJ Luke X-wing Pilot figure....YUK!!! I love it that the speeder can be crashed or displayed undamaged! EXCELLENT!!!!

Darkross
12-20-2001, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks

5) I can't wait for this set, the POTF2 one is pretty nifty, but the giant cannon on the back of that made it disappointing, while this new one has the normal cannon - no spring-loaded mega-cannon.

Yes...I would agree that the new speeder looks better than the POTF2 one...especially the harpoon gun. I think that the smaller one on the POTJ is very nice and looks accurate. That was one thing on the POTF2 speeder that I thought was way too big. Nice change HASBRO!

Jayspawn
12-20-2001, 11:59 AM
I think the set looks totally cool! I can't wait for this to come out. Hopefully it'll come with both Luke and Dack, but just Dack would be just fine with me.

Bring it on Hasbro!

Dryanta
12-20-2001, 12:01 PM
I'll get at least one.If not for the Speeder for the Dak fig.I do wonder how difficult they'll be to find seeing that it's right between the after Christmas Dead spot for toy orders and just before ATOC toys

Jargo
12-20-2001, 12:45 PM
Nice speeder, crap figures. I don't care if either of them are cobbled together or not, the heads should have been of the same quality as the POTJ rebel pilots with removable helmets. Is it so hard to repaint a damn helmet? Is it so hard to come up with a simple head sculpt? Who cares what the body looks like if they're sitting in the vehicle, it's the heads you see threough the cockpit and these heads suck like a re-used vintage vehicle with the electronics removed and a massive pricepoint inserted instead.
I like the speeder for the fact that it appears to be correct-ish scale. It doesn't have that removed panel on the one side and the harpoon is based on the vintage version which is superior to the POTF2 one. The muted colour scheme make it easily customisable. I bet there's no electronics though.

I'm not sure whether to bother buying or not. I'd have to see one close up to decide. But I'd rather have a couple of these than the POTF2 one.

The figures still suck big time though. Bad Hasbro - Naughty hasbro!!!!!!!!

Darkross
12-20-2001, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO

I'm not sure whether to bother buying or not. I'd have to see one close up to decide. But I'd rather have a couple of these than the POTF2 one.

The figures still suck big time though. Bad Hasbro - Naughty hasbro!!!!!!!!

Well, I think that the only thing that the POTF2 speeder will have over this one will be the removable panel and the electronics. But I really don't care if I have the electronics or not...since I'm probably never going to use them...so don't charge me for an extra feature that I may or may not use. Well...at least that's my opinion on the electronics matter! Although...I would have liked some electronic sounds with the Tie Interceptor!

Dark Marble
12-20-2001, 03:49 PM
I really like the look of the new snowspeeder. I am also glad they took off the big spring loaded gun on the back. So here is the big question? If the new POTJ snowspeeder has the vintage harpoon gun, does it also come with the harpoon? :confused:
I guess it doesn't matter that much, but I have a vintage snowspeeder, and the harpoon/harpoon gun on the back is really cool. So do we get a completely stripped down snowspeeder with no electronics, or special features other then the pilots? figures. :rolleyes:

Darkross
12-20-2001, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Dark Marble
I really like the look of the new snowspeeder. I am also glad they took off the big spring loaded gun on the back. So here is the big question? If the new POTJ snowspeeder has the vintage harpoon gun, does it also come with the harpoon? :confused:
I guess it doesn't matter that much, but I have a vintage snowspeeder, and the harpoon/harpoon gun on the back is really cool. So do we get a completely stripped down snowspeeder with no electronics, or special features other then the pilots? figures. :rolleyes:

That's most likely going to be the case...we gain a couple of pilots at the cost of the special features...but hey...I like getting extra pilots since I only have one right now for my POTF2 speeder. So to get two pilots with each speeder is really nice!

Dark Marble
12-20-2001, 04:18 PM
Well I am not complaining, the snowspeeder and the tie bomber will have me grinning for weeks!!! I just think the harpoon would be such a simple add in. But, I will take one! :D