PDA

View Full Version : K-Mart Cantina Aliens Scene Pack #2 Revealed!!

Beast
07-21-2004, 10:19 AM
Well, we heard about it last night. But now we have pictures of the Cantina Aliens Set #2 on Hasbro's Site. The Ben appears to be the Flashback figure version, the Ponda Baba is most likely the previous Wal-Mart version w/ removable arm. The real cool addition to the set is the 'Blue Snaggletooth'. Heh, after so many people wanting one of these made in the modern line, it was a brilliant move by Hasbro to include it in an exclusive, instead of on a card. Since I can't see them carding a character that never existed on screen. :)

NEW Cantina Aliens Scene Pack #2! Exclusively at Kmart This Fall!

On the planet Tatooine, the Mos Eisley cantina, also known as Chalmun’s cantina, is the hot spot for entertainment and intrigue. Many species intermingle there, spying and conducting shady business. Bounty hunters frequent the seedy joint, hoping to catch their prey in an unguarded moment. Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker went to the cantina to find transportation off the planet, which led to their first meeting with Han Solo.

Inspired by A New Hope, this Mos Eisley cantina scene features:

Ponda Baba: a mean-spirited Aqualish who tried to pick a fight with Luke Skywalker
Zutton: A Snivvian bounty hunter also known by the nickname Snaggletooth
Obi-Wan Kenobi: The wise and skilled Jedi Knight who helped Luke Skywalker in his rescue mission.

Be sure to visit your local Kmart this fall to get this next cantina scene!
http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.headlines/id.1073/dn/default.cfm

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-21-2004, 11:41 AM
So much for a Hyperspace exclusive! :rolleyes:

As I said in the other thread, how long was the bar in the film? I don't think it was this long - I mean, after you connect the two K-mart packs with the Wal-Mart ones on the other side, and I suppose there will be one more. Well, I guess it might've been this long, but they shouldn't keep putting old figures on here. Obi-Wan is fine, as he was in the cantina but not in a previous set. Even though he should have his hood down. But having Ponda Baba in this set is like having two Mace Windus in the Jedi council packs, it doesn't work. At least they included his gun.

The blue guy is cool. Nice to see they made it, because a lot of people wanted it, even though now you have to buy this set to get him.

Slicker
07-21-2004, 11:59 AM
I love these cantina scenes. The blue Snaggletooth rocks but it would've been better if they had made it the freakishly tall one like the original one that would've been cool right? Right?

Beast
07-21-2004, 11:59 AM
It was only going to be a Hyperspace Exclusive for a day or so before Hasbro revealed it on their website. I'm suprised pictures didn't slip out of it before the blackout was lifted. But now that we have pictures, at least everyone can discuss it.

I don't think Hasbro is even taking the first release of 3 into account here. Especially since Rebelscum said that they hear that there is a 3rd set in the making, which will have the rounded section of the bar to finish it off. Hopefully set 3 includes some better choices. But I fear we'll see Momaw Nadon, Luke, and Bannis Keeg.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dr Zoltar
07-21-2004, 12:22 PM
I love these cantina scenes. The blue Snaggletooth rocks but it would've been better if they had made it the freakishly tall one like the original one that would've been cool right? Right?
That would have made this a "must buy" for me. As it stands now, I'll pass on this 2nd set. I already have too many Obi-Wans and Pondas as it is. It's too bad really. The only new cinema scene I'm excited about is the first OTC cantina one.

Beast
07-21-2004, 12:48 PM
He is tall, like the classic 'Blue Snaggletooth'. Compare his height to Ponda and Kenobi. He's the same height as both of them. Where as the red one that was released in POTJ was shorter. They just made the arms and legs longer, like what happened with the original Blue Snaggy. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Samuel Windu
07-21-2004, 12:51 PM
At least, you have Blue Snaggletooth.Although looks the same as POTJ version Zutton.

dindae
07-21-2004, 03:02 PM
I don't have any real desire for a blue Zutton and sadly enough it is my favorite of the three. I'm shocked they didn't use the POTJ Ben Kenobi for a fourth time this year. Perhaps in the next set they can include Commtech Greedo and Han. I sure do hope I can get that Han repackaged again. :rolleyes: At least this line is continuing I like the concept just not the execution.

jedi-cpa
07-21-2004, 05:48 PM
I can't believe it, they found a way to rerelease the blue snaggletooth. Incredible!

Lazer Brain
07-21-2004, 05:54 PM
wow, this is cool, but I am still with out a kmart around for about 230 miles,
i hope to come here for help when these start to show up.

thanks
later

JediTricks
07-21-2004, 07:39 PM
Could they have picked a set from the OT I'd be less likely to buy? I have a few Flashback Obi-Wans already, don't need yet ANOTHER Ponda based on the POTF2 mold, and certainly never wanted a Blue Snags. Maybe if Hasbro had even bothered to get Ben's hood removed, I might have thought for half a second about this one, but NOOOOOOO.

Pass.

JON9000
07-21-2004, 07:45 PM
End pieces! I want end pieces with 3 new aliens!

Kidhuman
07-21-2004, 11:28 PM
I will buy it if I find it.

JEDIpartner
07-22-2004, 09:13 AM
Well... my Kmart up the street got the VOTC basics, 12" and Galactic Heroes in, so I am hoping that the cantina sets show up there as well. I'm still checking there, Drew!! ;)

sluray
07-22-2004, 09:55 AM
I like it. I hope they sell that at Kmart's website. There is no Kmarts around here anymore. If not, I guess I have no choice but to buy it on Ebay.

BoShek
07-22-2004, 10:45 AM
Like the first one, I will be buying the whole set for one figure . . . :(

Dark Marble
07-22-2004, 03:46 PM
I am so glad that a blue snaggletooth is finally being made. This is something that has bothered too many collectors for a while and now it can be put to rest. It is great to see that Hasbro pays attention to what the fans want, and the long wait for an updated blue snaggletooth is finally over.

Droid
07-22-2004, 03:51 PM
I don't know if I'd go so far as to say Hasbro is "paying attention to what the fans want". Hasbro is putting out an expensive set of two figures we already have and a figure that is mostly used parts from old figures that they know we REALLY want in order to make us buy the whole thing. It is typical of Hasbro. If they were paying attention to what we want they would not be telling us we cannot have the Tonnikas or Yarna Gargan. They would have released the Blue Snaggletooth carded for $4.99 or put out a cantina set with the Blue Snaggletooth with two all new aliens, like oh I don't know, HEM DAZON and the GOTAL. They would be giving us the curved part of the bar instead of reusing the same pieces of the bar they already put out. They are ripping us off, over and over and over again.

That said, of course I'll pay $20 or more dollars because I really want the Blue Snaggletooth. :frus:

evenflow
07-22-2004, 04:26 PM
I think it is pretty cool they did this. I cant wait for these 2 sets, and heres hoping for a third set.

rust
07-23-2004, 12:01 PM
Yeah! Blue Snagie! I dont have POTF2 Ben yet, and Ponda look SA, so I'll get this set, maybe use Ponda to make the robotic arm Ponda.

I can pretty much see these as the next sets:

Set 3:
Han Solo
Greedo
Arcona
(They come with a booth in the bar)

Set 4:
Tonnika Sisters
Hammerhead

And Introducing Jabba's Palace:
Set 1:
Yarna D'al Gargan
Skiff Lando
Slave Leia

Turambar
07-23-2004, 11:13 PM
Are they making 4 of these sets?
I can't wait to finally get the 1st one since I don't have the bartender, the mad doctor, or the praying mantis. I couldn't care less about set 2. A repacked obi wan, a repacked ponda that is still sitting on shelves, and a figure that was never in the movie. Not for me. If hasblow is going to rehash cantina figures, then I would like to see a new and improved cantina band with each figure uniquely posed for the instrument -- much like the SE cantina dude in the reebo band 2 pack. Those cantina band members were made ages ago and are well outdated. Plus they were never available in stores, so I think a sixpack of individualized band members is in order.
I am happy to see we will be getting 3 new cantina figures later in a cantina wave.

ronhudy
08-13-2004, 10:47 AM
He is tall, like the classic 'Blue Snaggletooth'. Compare his height to Ponda and Kenobi. He's the same height as both of them. Where as the red one that was released in POTJ was shorter. They just made the arms and legs longer, like what happened with the original Blue Snaggy. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Does he have those big, silver "Ace Frehley" boots on, like the original?! That would make it really cool!!