PDA

View Full Version : Vintage figures on Repro cards

jblodgett
07-21-2004, 02:28 PM
A few months ago, I met a guy on Ebay who sold figures on reproduction cards. He would take a loose figure, and repackage it as it was originally sold on a reproduced card and reproduced bubble.

Does anybody know who this might have been? I would love to buy a few of the older figures, like a vintage Luke ANH and get him put on a reproduction vintage 12 back card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

mrpauldeeds
07-21-2004, 02:34 PM
theres actually many people who do that now...just look for vintage figures on ebay and i bet you will be able to find some of those repro figs. they usually say that its a repro card and such in the information about the figure.

i hate the idea of this though....totally screws up the collecting in my opinion, now people can get a boba fett for a lot cheaper and say its real. kinda ruins the satisfaction of buying a rare figure when those are out there. does anyone else share the same views about this?

jblodgett
07-21-2004, 02:36 PM
Yes, and I don't have any intention of "marketing" the figures or selling them as the "real" thing.

I'm just looking for something to put on the wall next to my new VOTC figures.

Ji'dai
07-21-2004, 03:08 PM
i hate the idea of this though....totally screws up the collecting in my opinion, now people can get a boba fett for a lot cheaper and say its real. kinda ruins the satisfaction of buying a rare figure when those are out there. does anyone else share the same views about this?

Back when I was reading/collecting comics it was cheaper to buy reprints than the older expensive first-run issues. But the difference with comics or books is the reprints are clearly marked as such. My feeling is if I can a get a reproduction that is identical to the original for less money, I'd go for it. It doesn't really bother me to have 'repro' stuff in my collection personally, but for some collectors I suppose it's not a worthy substitute for an original.

Kidhuman
07-21-2004, 10:25 PM
I understand why people want them, buit doesnt mean I will get one. I want the real thing.