PDA

View Full Version : VOTC C-3PO Spotlight... 5 points of articulation?!?

JediTricks
07-21-2004, 07:49 PM
What the hell is worth $10 here? The improved sculpt and paint? Hell with that, we should be getting that with our $5 figures. The dippy repro packaging? I couldn't care less. So what is the point of making a super-special C-3PO that costs double the normal C-3PO figs when it has only neck, shoulder, and hip articulation?!? No knee, elbow, or wrist articulation, no mention of removable limbs, no light-up eyes, not even a cheesy waist articulation like EVERY other Star Wars figure has - what a load...

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.headlines/id.1074/dn/default.cfm

This is madness!

Kidhuman
07-21-2004, 10:22 PM
I agree, I am glad I willbe getting only one of these, now that Hasbro changed the asst's.

dindae
07-21-2004, 11:13 PM
What the hell is worth $10 here? The dippy repro packaging?

Dippy? Didn't you read the features list.

Single silver bar around the character image but double silver bars around the movie title
Removal of the Luke & Leia image first seen on the A New Hope packaging
Removal of the price box
Blue accent color behind C-3PO figure
Coffin-style blister
Butterfly peg hook, die-cut but not punched out!
And the Kenner logo

That's less than a dollar per feature. :D

JediTricks
07-22-2004, 12:34 AM
Dindae, that was a good one! I don't know why Hasbro thinks we're all going to go ape over how they're reproducing these cards, they're certainly NOT the first in the SW collecting world to do so. ;)

vadersvette
07-22-2004, 01:41 AM
Hasbro is driving me crazy this past week. First, I get my VOTC Ben, and realize it is horrible. :dis:
Then this C-3PO...WHY DIDN'T THEY MAKE THE PULL-APART ONE?!?! Everyone would like that better. We've had one in the POTF2 line for FIVE BUCKS. Why the hell should I pay twice as much for a figure that is half the quality?! :mad:
Then the Comic-Con pictures I've seen...The Cantina Set #2 posted on the official site has a different Ben and Ponda than the one at Comic-Con. :confused:
THEN the ROTJ figures...Boba Fett and Chewie don't look very good. On the cardback, the font used for the title doesn't look the same as the originals (letters look to skinny and not bold)...and the R2-D2--they changed the cardback to say "R2-D2 with extension arm," and in the picture "Now with extention arm" where the original said "now with sensor scope" I know it's not a big deal, but I like things to be as true to the original as possible. :frus:
THEN those Council scenes 3-4---why put Adi Gallia in two sets?! I know one is supposed to be Stass Allie (who wasn't on the council) but why use the sculpt?! And Eeth Koth--he doesn't have the articulation to sit in a chair (like Depa Billaba) and he's the same action posed one from POTJ! And Shaak Ti looks horrible in her half action/half sitting pose! :dis:

dindae
07-22-2004, 08:09 AM
And Eeth Koth--he doesn't have the articulation to sit in a chair (like Depa Billaba) and he's the same action posed one from POTJ!

That's not Eeth Koth. That's Agen Kolar. Can't you tell? So sad.

JEDIpartner
07-22-2004, 08:54 AM
Well... I think this is the best Threepio to date, sculpt-wise. I really don't know how they would be able to do much in the way of articulation other than knees and waist. Thoes two points would have been nice. The costume didn't really allow for much more articulation so... I can't really fault them for too much on this one if they considered that point.

Kidhuman
07-22-2004, 08:59 AM
Well... I think this is the best Threepio to date, sculpt-wise. I really don't know how they would be able to do much in the way of articulation other than knees and waist. Thoes two points would have been nice. The costume didn't really allow for much more articulation so... I can't really fault them for too much on this one if they considered that point.

They could of given him elbow and wrist articulation knee also. Plenty of scenes where he moves his arms and wrists and knees

JEDIpartner
07-22-2004, 09:07 AM
True, but given the fact that they need to cast the vac-metalised figures in a more brittle plastic, that probably would have compromised the overall sturdiness and durability of the figure.

Kidhuman
07-22-2004, 09:09 AM
Agreed, but then why put 3PO out in a SA line when he is basically nuetral? and R2 the same question. They could of put a couple of different figures besides these two.

Droid
07-22-2004, 09:11 AM
The ONLY "vintage" figure I am buying is Yoda (because I want the snake like Yoda had when I was a kid). If they were going to do these things EVERY figure should have articulated elbows and knees. I was going to buy Ben so he could sit in the cantina. Now I am not. I was going to buy 3P0 so he could sit in the Ewok village. Now I am not. These are overpriced garbage they obviously don't want anyone to open because they are PACKAGED TWICE.

And the Jedi council busines. Why on God's Earth didn't they make it so all 12 members of the council could SIT DOWN. And is anyone buying this "that isn't Eeth Koth" and "that isn't Adi Galia" crap. Are we really paying this much for PIECES OF A FLOOR? If you buy all 6 sets you are spending $120 and are getting NO NEW FIGURES in the last FOUR SETS. I bought the Yoda-Qui Gon-Ki Adi Mundi set but after realizing how much I am getting ripped off I may return it. The first two sets were worth it for Yaddle, Even Piell, and the like. But the new sets are ridiculous. I'd rather take my $120 and buy TWO SANDCRAWLERS (not that those are made to scale).

And I'm not buying that goofy Captain Tarpals on Kaadu set either.

I AM SO FRUSTRATED TODAY!!!!

mark2d2
07-22-2004, 12:45 PM
Agreed, but then why put 3PO out in a SA line when he is basically nuetral? and R2 the same question. They could of put a couple of different figures besides these two.

I have to REALLY disagree with you here. . . Putting out new figures on "Vintage" cards and NOT do Threepio and Artoo? Surely, you jest!

I concur with Jedi Partner --- the vac-metal process would have made added articulation very difficult. . . And I still think he looks fricking amazing. He really is beautiful on that retro card. . . So, personally, I'm choosing to look at the glass as half full. These are "neo-vintage" figs. Five points of articulation? Dang! Can't get more vintage than that. ;)

Kidhuman
07-22-2004, 12:48 PM
I have to REALLY disagree with you here. . . Putting out new figures on "Vintage" cards and NOT do Threepio and Artoo? Surely, you jest! ;)

My point is why include them in a line that was stated to have super articulation/posability, when these two are exactly the same as all the rest of the figures, and on top of that charge us double for the same figure they give us on a five dollar card?

mark2d2
07-22-2004, 01:02 PM
Oh, I understand where you're coming from. . .

I'm just saying that the "super-articulation" aspect is not the only selling point for these toys. Not by a long shot. For me, the retro cards are the REAL reason I am so Gaga over them. (And I'm not even a Carded collector! Though I do intend to become one for this mini-line. . . meaning collect all twelve multiplies into twenty four.) And truthfully, I don't think I'd be nearly so eager about the VOTC if Artoo and Threepio were ignored in favor of say, the Emperor and a Snowtrooper. . .

Seeing the old school cards has my heart going all pitter patter. I'm eight all over again. And the packaging alone is responsible for that. As are the "vintage" touches of cloth. . . yoda's snake. . . artoo's chrome dome. . .

Like the films, there is simply no way this line would have succeeded without the droids. At least, not for me. :D

dindae
07-22-2004, 01:10 PM
To me as long as they look better than what I have currently (which I think they do) I'm happy. And the POTF2 actually wasn't that bad to begin with so the improvements aside from articulation are going to be minor. But if it isn't worth the five extra bucks to you just wait I'm sure they will be re carded in a standard line next year. :D

jjreason
07-22-2004, 02:09 PM
I think the entire VOTC line caters almost completely to the carded collector. My MMC Threepio is nice and shiny, and has a very nice sculpt. I don't need another Threepio, but I'll be getting this one as it's different. The more I see these figures, the more I'm of the belief I'll be leaving them on the cards - we have these characters in these outfits (in some cases many times over) to have loose and play with.

Kidhuman
07-22-2004, 08:43 PM
Oh, I understand where you're coming from. . .

I'm just saying that the "super-articulation" aspect is not the only selling point for these toys. Not by a long shot. For me, the retro cards are the REAL reason I am so Gaga over them. (And I'm not even a Carded collector! Though I do intend to become one for this mini-line. . . meaning collect all twelve multiplies into twenty four.) And truthfully, I don't think I'd be nearly so eager about the VOTC if Artoo and Threepio were ignored in favor of say, the Emperor and a Snowtrooper. . .

Seeing the old school cards has my heart going all pitter patter. I'm eight all over again. And the packaging alone is responsible for that. As are the "vintage" touches of cloth. . . yoda's snake. . . artoo's chrome dome. . .

Like the films, there is simply no way this line would have succeeded without the droids. At least, not for me. :D

I got your point. I love the old school cards. Best move Hasbro has made in 10 years.But, if you are going to charge us 10 bucks for R2, give him an array of accessories. As for 3PO, make him removeable limbs, more articulation, something to justify a price raise in them, besides a clamshell.

JediTricks
07-23-2004, 08:47 PM
Why is everybody going ape over these old cards? You can make your own on your computer or just print one out at Kinkos, there are still lots of scans of these on the web.

I'm only judging this figure on its merits, not its packaging. And just on the merits, VOTC C-3PO comes up woefully short. This excuse about vac-metallizing is lame, there are proven methods to getting around this, or just don't chrome the damn thing and you'll have no problems at all - I for one am sick and tired of chroming on figs leading to a myriad of problems, especially when it doesn't even look all that nice. This C-3PO is going to be the best contender for pegwarmer out of the whole lot, though I suspect R2 will be right behind him (couldn't even get the legs to extend or a sensorscope or anything good besides a pair of detachable arms and a removable door facade Hasbro?).

AmanaMatt
07-24-2004, 01:51 AM
OK, let me just say that I love C3PO figs, my fav so far is the M.M.C one that we just saw re-released this year. Well, after seeing the new VOTC version at the SDCC in person, I have to say this fig is a hardcore mess. I dunno, but the sculpt in person looks awful, as does the head - especially around the mouth and eye area; also, his crotch area of the sculpt looks really bulky and kinda off. When I saw the pics online, the sculpt seemed real good, but in person, it was almost like another fig - as for the vac-metal look, this one is kinda dull (as he was in most of ANH), but he does not standout.

From the visuals alone, this fig rates a 'D'. In part because he is $5 more than R-3PO, which to me was a fantastic version of the protocol droids.

JediTricks
07-25-2004, 10:47 PM
Wow, gee, with that report I feel even MORE inclined to shell out ten bucks for this figure. :p

Thanks for the honesty Matt, sorry to hear it looks so bad in person.

Samuel Windu
07-26-2004, 11:16 AM
5 articulation points?Really?Are you serious?No keens points?

bigbarada
07-26-2004, 12:44 PM
I have to REALLY disagree with you here. . . Putting out new figures on "Vintage" cards and NOT do Threepio and Artoo? Surely, you jest!

I concur with Jedi Partner --- the vac-metal process would have made added articulation very difficult. . . And I still think he looks fricking amazing. He really is beautiful on that retro card. . . So, personally, I'm choosing to look at the glass as half full. These are "neo-vintage" figs. Five points of articulation? Dang! Can't get more vintage than that. ;)

I agree with you here. To not include two of the most important characters in Star Wars would have been a travesty (similar to leaving the droids out of the 25th Anniversary two-packs in 2002).

So far, I think this is going to be the coolest Threepio to date since it seems that Hasbro has finally fixed the "skinny-head" syndrome that has plagued all of their protocol droids since 1995. I could care less about the articulation since I would be worried about the figure crumbling apart in my hands if he had more than six-points (I am just ever so slightly disappointed about the lack of waist articulation).

JediTricks
07-27-2004, 01:28 AM
I would not expect them to do a line like this without the droids, but I was expecting a hell of a lot better from these figures since I'm paying $5 more for them.

Kidhuman
07-27-2004, 06:38 AM
Agreed JT. They could have done better

rbaumhauer
07-27-2004, 10:24 AM
If it wasn't for the packaging issue (reproducing vintage cards), an R2 and 3PO two pack would have made more sense, given that neither can be done in a fashion to justify the price tag. I mean, how can you produce an "ultimate" R2 without the ability to retract the third leg?

JediTricks
07-27-2004, 08:45 PM
Removable 3rd leg, I'm hoping.

AmanaMatt
07-28-2004, 12:27 PM
Well, as 'ehh' as the R2 and 3-PO are, the new Chewie and especially the new Stormtrooper more than (IMO) make up for these two.

I kinda look at the Hasbro team as a group that is given an 'X' amount for a toy budget, and they have to decide, given what the pricepoint is, which figs will have kickass articulation, and which will have normal, I dunno if this is even close as a business model as they have to abide to, but it sorta makes sense to me - in my mind at least.

As for 3-PO, hell, just paint R-3pO a vac gold color, and that would be my ultimate C-3pO - that sculpt blows me away.

On a side note, anyone want to guess how may incarnations of R2, 3-PO, Han, Luke, Vader and the rest of the core characters we will see between now and 2018 - the date of the current Hasbro license?

TheDarthVader
07-28-2004, 01:02 PM
Since I am a carded collector, I like the C3PO. I love the look of the vintage cards and the star wars clam shell packaging. Now.......if I took the C3PO out of the package I would probably be somewhat disappointed in the sculpt. The figure cost $9.99 and a loose figure does not justify that price. However, carded I gladly pay the price (due to all of the points someone mentioned in the 2nd or 3rd post).

B.
TDV

misthunter210
07-29-2004, 03:45 PM
Well, considering i wasnt alive back in the movie days, these are the figures i have been looking forward to since i fell in love with star wars. I remember the first time i ever got a Vintage figure. It was a endor Leia mint on card without the peg punched out, the package was little yellow but its still in great condition. I was like 7 at the time and the guy sold it to me for 15 dollars. I could put it down for 3 weeks, just looking at it. I also open up my figures, and i will still buy these, maybe even 2 of each. Being 18 years old and seeing these figures makes me feel like i was a kid during the movie days. I do agree 9 dollars is alot, but its worth the price.

Kyle Katarn
07-29-2004, 04:55 PM
I think that Hasbro need to worry more in the figure and less in the package, I think that the new Vintage style is awesome but they should also improve the quality of the figures and make em better, 5 points of articulations is very few. I got my Han Solo last week and I like it, I think its good.

MagusPSU
08-05-2004, 04:47 PM
Why is everybody going ape over these old cards? You can make your own on your computer or just print one out at Kinkos, there are still lots of scans of these on the web.

I wouldn't say everybody is going ape over them. I mean, you're not and I know there are others that are the same way. To be honest, I wasn't all that crazy about the idea of the VOTC figures either. I'm not a big fan of soft goods but am a big fan of value. However, last night I found the VOTC Han and Ben and things changed.

When I saw them I got excited at finding new stuff on the shelf, I figure you can relate. But then something else happened, I suddenly felt like I was five years old again looking at the toys on the shelf of my small town mom and pop store. The memories of those days flooded back as I pulled the figures from the shelf and just looked at them with amazement. I remembered these pictures, these layouts. I remembered Christmas and a toy chest covered with Star Wars figures.

If I were to reproduce these cards and somehow figure out how to reproduce the bubbles, it still wouldn't be the same. For me, part of the $10 is the experience I'm being sold as well as the merchandise. Sure the Ben lacks articulation in several key areas and the soft goods gives the appearance he's being eaten by a carpet remnant but I miss that when I see Alec Guinness holding a yellow lightsaber. Anything I create just isn't going to be the same, it's not going to evoke an experience for me outside of maybe one of artistic expression. It's the experience of going to the store, sifting through cards, and the memories that it carries with it.

Yeah, I know it's not practical nor is it sensible to be so tied to nostalgia. Then again, what does practical have to do with a 29 year old man buying small pieces of plastic? If this hobby is anything for me, it's about invoking a certain element of my childhood. It's something that isn't practial, isn't sensible. If anything, it's human.

So go ahead and make reproductions the old cards and print them up at Kinkos if you like. If it gives you the same satisfaction that I get from purchasing this line of figures, I can't fault you for that. It makes as much sense as what I'm doing. Just don't tell me I'm silly for doing it without first calling yourself silly for what you do because we're both doing the same thing. Wow, that's a lot of doing.

Anyway, I look forward to finding the rest of the VOTC line as it slowly trickles into our fair city of Los Angeles because in a small way, it takes me back to the small Pennsylvania town where I grew up. Take care and be well...

...till the next...

M.

mark2d2
08-05-2004, 04:55 PM
MagusPSU --- Your post nicely sums up my feelings exactly.
Also, if I were to try to recreate each card, it'd cost me way, way more than five dollars in the sheer time involved alone.

:D

JediTricks
08-05-2004, 09:01 PM
As the Magus, I would assume you'd be a VERY big fan of value. ;) (lil Star Trek reference for yas)

I also found some VOTC last night, the first 3, no Luke. They're nice, but not $10 nice. As for the packaging, I didn't feel a much in terms of nostalgia, but I did take care to not cut the "coffin blister" all the way off, I left it attached at the bottom and now they can slip back into their packaging and once in the giant card protector you can't tell they've ever been opened. The price box and unpunched peg hole were cute, but the cardstock is very thin, the cardback is awful, the plastic card protectors all had issues (likely from the factory) with the tape in at least 1 spot that caused an ugliness, and the Leia one had a factory-borne bend in the protector. I don't mind because the packaging DOESN'T mean that much to me, but my extra $5 did because I ended up having to pass on the Galactic Heroes figures I spotted. :(

You're right, it would probably cost more to make these yourself, but I still don't think these are nicer than the basic OTC packages and I ain't paying jack squat more for them.

Yeah, I know it's not practical nor is it sensible to be so tied to nostalgia. Then again, what does practical have to do with a 29 year old man buying small pieces of plastic? Geez, what are you, my clone? I'm turning 29 later this month, found VOTC last night, and also live in LA. :D

It's something that isn't practial, isn't sensible. If anything, it's human. If anything, it's 5 wasted bucks. ;) C'mon, the nostalgia will wear off sooner or later and you'll be 5 bucks poorer, that $5 could have gone to buying another figure! I could see actually paying $2.50 more for the nostalgia, but five whole bucks for nostalgia over an item that should have only cost that much to begin with? And what about the nostalgia pricetag if you didn't find them in a store but instead online?

BTW, I grew up here in LA and collecting at the end of ROTJ was just as horrible for finding stuff like Leia Boushh as it is now, nothing but leftover aliens like Squid-head warming pegs, so I certainly don't have a nostalgia for that.

Oh, and I think none of this really has that much to do with this 3PO being a pretty poor deal.

MagusPSU
08-05-2004, 11:23 PM
As the Magus, I would assume you'd be a VERY big fan of value. ;) (lil Star Trek reference for yas)

Actually, that'd be the Grand Nagus. Magus is Latin for wizard/magician. But I digress.

I also found some VOTC last night, the first 3, no Luke. They're nice, but not $10 nice. As for the packaging, I didn't feel a much in terms of nostalgia, but I did take care to not cut the "coffin blister" all the way off, I left it attached at the bottom and now they can slip back into their packaging and once in the giant card protector you can't tell they've ever been opened. The price box and unpunched peg hole were cute, but the cardstock is very thin, the cardback is awful, the plastic card protectors all had issues (likely from the factory) with the tape in at least 1 spot that caused an ugliness, and the Leia one had a factory-borne bend in the protector. I don't mind because the packaging DOESN'T mean that much to me, but my extra $5 did because I ended up having to pass on the Galactic Heroes figures I spotted. :(

I can understand the frustration with this it's a matter of what a buyer is willing to pay vs. what they charge. If the buyers don't bite, they'll wind up in clearance eventually. I mean, look at the Clone Wars figures which were all the rage not too many months back.

Geez, what are you, my clone? I'm turning 29 later this month, found VOTC last night, and also live in LA. :D

Does this mean we have to fight?
I'll be turning 30 in September so I wonder how many more years of this I have in me.

If anything, it's 5 wasted bucks. ;) C'mon, the nostalgia will wear off sooner or later and you'll be 5 bucks poorer, that $5 could have gone to buying another figure! I could see actually paying $2.50 more for the nostalgia, but five whole bucks for nostalgia over an item that should have only cost that much to begin with? And what about the nostalgia pricetag if you didn't find them in a store but instead online?

That's the fickle nature of human emotion is that they constantly change. I'm sure the nostalgia value will wear off at some point just as your anger at some point will turn into something else. However, we're getting into a totally different field that has nothing to do with action figure collecting/buying. Oh, and I think I may have said I don't like to buy figures online for just such a reason. There's something about the search, though frustrating at times, can be fun. I mean, if it weren't for the Star Wars figure hunt I wouldn't have half the fun I do hanging out with my fellow geek friend in Long Beach. Once again, building those memories that will one day lead to nostalgia.

BTW, I grew up here in LA and collecting at the end of ROTJ was just as horrible for finding stuff like Leia Boushh as it is now, nothing but leftover aliens like Squid-head warming pegs, so I certainly don't have a nostalgia for that.

I think that's a major point where we differ, I never collected action figures until, well, I guess you could say until now. I mean, I bought them but never with the intent purpose of keeping them carded. I bought the characters that I liked and opened them up and displayed them. I don't have any negative feelings for Star Wars figures because I wasn't too upset if I couldn't find what I wanted and when I did I ripped that sucker open once I got it home.

Oh, and I think none of this really has that much to do with this 3PO being a pretty poor deal.

Yeah, you have a valid point there as well, this would have been more appropriate in another thread but your original post inspired me thusly so I feel justified in putting it here. Unless I come into a windfall of cash or they eventually wind up on clearance, I think 3P0 and R2 are going to be ones I don't buy a double of to open.

In any case, I have the utmost respect for your point of view on this and personally I agree that this is how the figures should have been done for a long time both in packaging and in sculpt. I mean, even the regular OTC packaging is by and by the best format I've seen them do. The cards just tempt you to leave the figures on them and hang them on the wall. But I digress again...

...till the next...

M.

bigbarada
08-06-2004, 01:18 PM
I think that's a major point where we differ, I never collected action figures until, well, I guess you could say until now. I mean, I bought them but never with the intent purpose of keeping them carded. I bought the characters that I liked and opened them up and displayed them. I don't have any negative feelings for Star Wars figures because I wasn't too upset if I couldn't find what I wanted and when I did I ripped that sucker open once I got it home.

Wow, you were able to wait until you got home to tear your figures off the cards? I never had that much patience as a kid. The cards and bubble for my figures were usually in shreds in the backseat of my parents' car by the time I got home. :cool:

I'm also awash with feelings of nostalgia when I buy these figures, and the extra $5 doesn't bother me. In fact I paid around $35 (shipping included) for my first VOTC Han Solo, and even now when I see them on the pegs for $10, I still feel it was money well spent.

$5 extra here, $10 extra there, it's only money and in twenty years who's going to care? The memories that are being built are more valuable than money.

ANyways, not to get all touchy/feely on everybody; but that's why I don't really care about the price increase.

MagusPSU
08-06-2004, 01:59 PM
Wow, you were able to wait until you got home to tear your figures off the cards? I never had that much patience as a kid. The cards and bubble for my figures were usually in shreds in the backseat of my parents' car by the time I got home.

It depended on if we were headed straight home after that store or not. I found that the car seats liked to eat guns and lightsabers so I managed to keep myself somewhat restrained until I got home. However, if my mom still had stuff to take care of, I would risk it and tear in...

...till the next...

M.

P.S. Maybe we should start a memories thread?

JediTricks
08-06-2004, 11:44 PM
Actually, that'd be the Grand Nagus. Magus is Latin for wizard/magician. But I digress.Damn, I need to stop posting when I'm tired, I didn't even notice (that's what I get for sounding words out in my head instead of reading).

Does this mean we have to fight?
I'll be turning 30 in September so I wonder how many more years of this I have in me. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!! ;)

I'm sure the nostalgia value will wear off at some point just as your anger at some point will turn into something else. Part of my issue is that from now on, every time I look at these, it'll remind me that I paid double for 'em. They've been tainted in my eyes as a bit of a rip-off and their crazy packaging is the reminder, whereas at $5 or $7.50 I would have felt proud to own VOTC Leia every time I saw the figure in my collection (though I still doubt this 3PO will measure up) -- instead, I feel a bit like a chump.

However, we're getting into a totally different field that has nothing to do with action figure collecting/buying. I disagree, Hasbro's put lots of time and money into researching the notion of "value" in a toy purchase and this is part of what that comes down to.

I think that's a major point where we differ, I never collected action figures until, well, I guess you could say until now. I mean, I bought them but never with the intent purpose of keeping them carded. I bought the characters that I liked and opened them up and displayed them. I don't have any negative feelings for Star Wars figures because I wasn't too upset if I couldn't find what I wanted and when I did I ripped that sucker open once I got it home. I own hundreds of SW figs, possibly thousands by now, and only a handful are carded, and as a kid I demolished my toys during PLAY, the poor battle-damaged X-wing made way too many crash landings into the turtle tank which doubled for the Dagobah swamp. :D

Yeah, you have a valid point there as well, this would have been more appropriate in another thread but your original post inspired me thusly so I feel justified in putting it here. Unless I come into a windfall of cash or they eventually wind up on clearance, I think 3P0 and R2 are going to be ones I don't buy a double of to open. I have no problem discussing this here though, as long as we don't stray too far from the topic.

$5 extra here, $10 extra there, it's only money and in twenty years who's going to care? The memories that are being built are more valuable than money. I'm going to care when I can only afford to buy 1 Leia and 1 Fett instead of 2 and down the road my collection isn't as full as it otherwise would have been.

Kidhuman
08-06-2004, 11:54 PM
P.S. Maybe we should start a memories thread?

Start one? There are many in the vintage section already. Come share some of yours with us. :beard:

vadersvette
08-07-2004, 12:12 AM
I found that the car seats liked to eat guns and lightsabers so I managed to keep myself somewhat restrained until I got home. However, if my mom still had stuff to take care of, I would risk it and tear in...
I had the exact same problem! I remember sitting in the back seat of my parents' Chrysler K-Car :crazed: , and I would always lose the weapons. They still had that car just a few years ago, and before it was taken away (it died), I tried to rescue my lightsabers and blasters, but I had no luck. So now, there still sitting in my old Vader case without weapons :cry:

Veers
08-07-2004, 10:01 AM
I think the C3PO is cool. The package is sweet.

JediTricks
08-23-2004, 01:01 AM
Oh man, this thing looks even worse now that I've seen the packaged shots: http://sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=30532

(I think there's another one out there that's even clearer), that pose is awkward at the legs, what was going on here?

AmanaMatt
08-23-2004, 07:15 AM
That sculpt is a tragedy - especially at a $10 price point. This is, for me, the biggest disappointment within the VOTC line.

Head sculpt looks wrong, crotch section seemes huge, the deco is lackluster (as the character did appear, to be fair), but the standard articulation, along with this just looking like an awkward, bad pose does not help.