PDA

View Full Version : Old School Help!!! SNES Game genie

TheDarthVader
07-22-2004, 07:42 PM
I have a problem. Surely there is someone here who can shed some insight on what the heck is going on! I purchased an SNES Game genie. The game genie is in great shape with a nice label, nice contactors, etc. When I play certain games there is no problem. Other games, such as Mortal Kombat 2, Star Fox, and Super Mario Kart will not work with the game genie. There are bunches of game genie codes for these games...why won't it work??! Once I put the codes in I hit the start button and the screen turns black (with these games). When I take the game out of the game genie and put it in the snes, the game works perfectly. What in the world???! Like I said, several of my games work fine with the game genie. The ones that REALLY matter like MK2 and Star Fox do not. Any ideas? Anything I can do? Thanks so much. This is really frustrating me.

Yes, I've cleaned the game cartridges.

B.

Hellboy
07-23-2004, 08:50 PM
Thats what you get for trying to cheat. ;) :D

JON9000
08-02-2004, 01:08 AM
I assume the codes are taken directly from the manual that came with the game genie. If not, the game could have possibly been realeased after the genie came out, in which case you would need to consider the source of the updated code. Wow. Game genies are still floating around.

TheDarthVader
08-02-2004, 04:55 PM
Thanks. Someone told me they only work on CERTAIN games. Yeah, game genies are still "floating" around. LOL

TDV