PDA

View Full Version : I hate GG!!!!!!!!!!!

Turbowars
07-22-2004, 09:50 PM
These guys don't have a clue on how to conduct business (or do they, LOL). They just lost me as a customer. They were going to sell 400 per day and now it's a raffle. Screw you GG. They said that the SDCC told them to do this.:frus: :dead: :dead: :bored: :ermm: :dis: :mad: :(

Kidhuman
07-22-2004, 10:28 PM
That is messed up. Did you enter the raffle?

Turbowars
07-22-2004, 10:32 PM
No man, I not even there yet!

Reefer Shark
07-22-2004, 11:36 PM
Dude,
You get F'd left and right from GG. I would hate them too if I collected these busts.

The fact that some are so damn tough to get is the main reason I dont collect 'em.... Good luck on the raffle (if you end up entering).

Dr Zoltar
07-23-2004, 01:22 AM
I concur. This is why I don't collect the busts. It's almost impossible to get a complete set because of this.

2-1B
07-23-2004, 01:44 AM
They better not pull this **** in Chicago.

JediTricks
07-23-2004, 09:13 PM
This is COMPLETELY not GG's fault! It's the convention officials' doing, read this article:

http://sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=30437

Blame SDCC promoters, not GG.

Turbowars
07-24-2004, 12:03 AM
Wrong, read it again. The Con requested it, but they didn't have to abide by it.:evil: Don't they know that rules are meant to be broken?:stupid:

Dr Zoltar
07-24-2004, 05:47 PM
They didn't have to make these busts in limited quantities either. Oh well. It just means they aren't getting money from me.

JediTricks
07-25-2004, 11:19 PM
Wrong, read it again. The Con requested it, but they didn't have to abide by it.:evil: Don't they know that rules are meant to be broken?:stupid:
"Unfortunately, Comic-Con officials have instituted a policy that forbids this type of sale on exclusive product and, for the safety of attendees and exhibitors alike, have mandated a raffle system."

Doesn't sound like a request to me.

I will agree with Zoltar though that the limited nature of exclusives like these does suck, though I can sorta see why an exclusive would be limited so as to assure the company doesn't get stuck footing the bill for a bunch of unsold exclusives.

Turbowars
07-25-2004, 11:40 PM
Strange how all the other exclusive at the show weren't raffled.:confused: :stupid: :rolleyes:

JediTricks
07-26-2004, 12:01 AM
Dunno what to tell you there Turbo, I can only go by what I re-read. ;)

gsr-jedi
07-26-2004, 03:45 AM
Strange how all the other exclusive at the show weren't raffled.:confused: :stupid: :rolleyes:

Actually, there were quite a bit of raffles.

Master Replicas - .45 Obi-Wan lightsaber
Mattel - Batman & She-Ra
NECA - Hordak Bust
WizKids - Galactus Heroclix

also Art Asylum gave you a ticket to buy their stuff and said we can't have a line so come back later. NECA made you wait in line for a ticket to buy stuff, I don't know why, cause everyone just went from their to the line to buy anyways. These were both on Thursday though, and I didn't really stop by the other days to see if they were still doing this. But, SOTA didn't have tickets, they just had a line; as did Mezco had a line outside. Again, both on Thursday. SDCC officials said a raffle system is in place to ensure fairness. Even though I got a Luke bust, after 7 tries, I still think the raffle is unfair. There were quite a bit of people who already won, and were trying to get others to buy busts for them. Others were just grabbing tickets and then selling them if they won. What sucked about GG, is that all the tickets were gone in like an hour and a half to two hours.

Jayspawn
07-26-2004, 11:09 AM
I have to agree with all of you. Gentile Giant's business and customer service are crap. THery make a great product and a lot of people want but they limit it so much (on purpose) that about 1/4 of the people who want their product can get it. Here's a few examples of their shotty product handling...

1. Take the 2 most popular Star Wars characters, Darth Vader and Yoda, make them with the lowest production run and watch the after-market prices fly!!!!!

2. Blue Clonetrooper Minibust. They sold through these on the 1st day! Then GG figured out that people must want these.

3. Dont get me started on the Green Clone bust.

4. Clone Pilot Minibust. Did you want one of these? Too bad for you isnt it! I heard these were going to be available for their so-called "Collector Club" after the convention. I didnt hear a thing. Why? Because they SOLD OUT all of them at the Conventions!

5. Luke Skywalker as Stormtrooper Minibust. Hopes were higher this time. Might I actually get one of these? HA! THere is supposed to be left-overs available for their Collector Club. We'll see how well that goes through.

The fact is, if you're not able to attend a Con that Gentile Giant happens to be at or get one of their few lucky raffle numbers OR if you're not willing to spend a minimum of $300 on EBay to get something they originally sold for only $45 -they you're SCREWED! HAHA! And Gentile Giant could care less! And they wont until they start up those machines and start pumping out some more Vader Minibusts.

[DSS]Pedr0
07-26-2004, 06:26 PM
I got a couple of GREEN clones if anyones interested. ebay ID: pedr026

starting at $75 BIN $90. ALot lower than most with their over $130 for these. One is listed the other isnt yet, or pm me for details.

Samuel Windu
07-27-2004, 12:33 PM
It should be more coming soon.There is no any words about Han Stormtrooper.I think he will be next exclusives in Wizard World Chicago.

2-1B
08-15-2004, 02:34 AM
They had these Lukes available all day in Chicago for 50 rocks a pop.

JEDIpartner
08-17-2004, 03:23 PM
I was wondering who "GG" was. :rolleyes: I'm so stupid.

2-1B
08-18-2004, 02:39 AM
Green Giant, silly. :rolleyes:

blademasterfemme
08-25-2004, 05:14 PM
Wow! Sorry to hear so many of you hate the Gentle Giants stuff. I LOVE this line of collectibles, and am excited about the statue collection coming up. GREAT stuff!!!

I was able to get the exclusives out at SDCC, even got the glow in the dark bust ups. The raffle system was cool in a way, you didn't have to camp out for hours before the show to run and get in line. It wasn't a perfect system, but safer for people not to get trampled. Don't get me wrong, it was frustrating at times, but a little less hectic.

Chicago sold them first come, first serve. If you check the GG website today, you will find that they are selling a limited number of Luke busts that are left from the Cons to the collector club members. I have found the GG customer service to be very helpful.

mini-rock
08-25-2004, 06:42 PM
Have to agree blademasterfemme. Gentle Giant has listened to their customers and made improvments on obtaining exclusives, increasing production runs, and seem to be the only company that listens to their customers on the characters they like to see released (Green Clone, Bounty Hunters). Customer service is also among the best, 2nd only to Code 3 imo. The new line of Statue's, Diorama's, and Maquette's have me excited as well. No doubt all will end up my collection.