PDA

View Full Version : What TV shows would you like to see released on DVD?

mrmiller
07-22-2004, 09:35 PM
With DVD it seems more and more TV shows are gettign full seasons and entire series runs released to the home market. Popular shows like Friends, the Simpsons and Star Trek are no-brainers and best sellers, and even more obscure and "cult" shows like the Ben Stiller Show and Firefly are having success, not to mention the Family Guy situation.

With that being said, I'd guess it's pretty much possible for about any show to be released on DVD. I wanted to start a thread to see what unreleased shows you would like to see on DVD, and compare and discuss everyones picks. I really would like to see shows you want that might not be on the fast track there already (like if a month ago someone would have said Seinfeld- we all knew it was comming out sooner or later or Everybody Loves Raymond that will be released the same day the final episode airs).

Let's see what you got!

=MATT=

mrmiller
07-22-2004, 09:41 PM
Not to double post- but I'll start off. Of course my picks are all FOX shows, as they know how to either run a series into the ground, or kill off a great show.

#1- Adventures of Brisco County Jr. I'd love to have this set, and the showhas a fairly large cult following and should sell well. Hopefully we'll see this one soon.

#2- Titus. I thought this was one of the best ensemble shows out there. Every character was unique and funny. It was a great replacement for Seinfeld of normal situations in a "screwed up" way. This I doubt we'll see, but I would snatch it up in a heartbeat.

I'd also like to mention that they could release another Married, With Children Set any time now. the first 2 were great, but we are just getting into the best of them with the next few seasons.

=MATT=

Jay86
07-23-2004, 10:42 AM
I dont watch much TV nowadays, mostly because I'm not really a fan of modern TV. I prefer older shows. All I've wanted for the past five years is All in the Family and Sanford and Son complete DVD sets. Take every episode of each show, box it up, DVD form, and I'll be the first to buy it. Thats all I want.

- All in the Family - Classic. Groundbreaking. Cant really say much about its effects back in the day because I personally wasnt around. From what I've heard though, and from just watching the show and thinking what it must have done to society and people in general back in the day proves its a classic and one of the best TV shows ever. It touched on subjects that were "forbidden" in its day. Great show. When it was on TV Land, I never missed an episode. I still cant believe they took it off the air :cry: .

- Sanford and Son - Another show I cant believe was taken off TV Land. Redd Foxx was hilarious, so was the guy who played Grady. The whole show was just a classic (it was, after all, created/developed by Norman Lear, the same guy who worked on All in the Family) and one of my favorite shows.

Droid
07-23-2004, 01:30 PM
1. 1991 Dark Shadows NBC series cancelled after 12 episodes
2. The rest of Quantum Leap (only first season out so far)
3. The Greatest American Hero
4. The rest of Soap (only first two seasons out so far)
5. Seinfeld
6. Newsradio
7. The rest of M*A*S*H (only first six seasons out so far)
8. The rest of Cheers (only first three seasons out so far)

I'd also love a set of the Simpsons Halloween specials all together in one collection!

mrmiller
07-23-2004, 02:04 PM
1. 1991 Dark Shadows NBC series cancelled after 12 episodes
2. The rest of Quantum Leap (only first season out so far)
3. The Greatest American Hero
4. The rest of Soap (only first two seasons out so far)
5. Seinfeld
6. Newsradio
7. The rest of M*A*S*H (only first six seasons out so far)
8. The rest of Cheers (only first three seasons out so far)

I'd also love a set of the Simpsons Halloween specials all together in one collection!

Seinfeld, M*A*S*H, and Cheers are pretty much no-brainer's to complete their series runs. I'm all for Greatest American Hero! And then maybe we can all see the episodes that never aired, or the Greatest American Heroine, which is the finale of Greatest American Hero, and the pilot of a new Spin-off (*I wonder why that didn't go over well :crazed: )

=MATT=

Deoxyribonucleic
07-23-2004, 03:51 PM
One of my dream to be on dvd wishes just came true and I didn't even know it was out...Wonderwoman with Linda Carter.

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'd also like to see Roseanne and I'll go for Greatest American Hero too. Another favorite of mine (NO laughing) is CHiPs! Love that show.

evenflow
07-23-2004, 04:26 PM
1. The rest of Married with Children seasons
2. Masters of the Universe (Complete Series from the 80's)
3. Masters of the Universe (Complete 1st and 2nd Season from new series)
4. ThunderCats (Complete Series)
5. She-Ra: Princess of Power (Complete Series)
6. Animated Marvel Series in Complete Collections form from 60's (like Spider-Man was done)
7. Animated Marvel Series in Complete Collections from the 90's.

Hellboy
07-23-2004, 04:56 PM
Well I'd love to see:

-Batman: The Animated Series: All the remaining seasons would be nice now that the first season has finally been released.

-Justice League: In box set form and full seasons only please.

-The Adventures of Batman and Robin: Same as above.

-Superman: The Animated Series: Again, same as above.

-Thundarr the Barbarian: The entire run in one box set would be a dream come true.

-American Gothic: A hugely underated series that would make for a fine full season box set.

Rocketboy
07-23-2004, 10:17 PM
Let's see:
Family Guy? Check.
Aqua Teen Hunger Force? Check.
The Simpsons? Check.
Chapelle's Show? Check.
Mr. Bean? Check.
Space Ghost: Coast to Coast? Check.
Futurama? Check.

Hmmm...all I need is The Brak Show and I'm good.

El Chuxter
07-26-2004, 10:07 AM
A lot of them have been covered already (like Space Ghost, Superman, etc), so let me toss in:

Cartoon Planet
Animaniacs
Tiny Toon Adventures
Freakazoid
Dinosaurs!
Headmasters (the Japanese continuation of the TF DVDs just finished up in the USA)
Get a Life (better, more complete sets)
Voltron
The Tick (animated)
I Love Lucy
The Andy Griffith Show

As you can tell, I'm mostly for the 'toons. ;)

Deoxyribonucleic
07-26-2004, 10:30 AM
How about the first and only season of "Jason at Star Command"

There's actually petitions going to get this released on dvd. Hilarious.

I'd buy it! :D

Rocketboy
07-26-2004, 10:54 AM
Totally forgot about Cartoon Planet and The Tick!

I would also mention the 3 Star Wars toons, but they're on the way.

stillakid
07-26-2004, 10:04 PM
One of my dream to be on dvd wishes just came true and I didn't even know it was out...Wonderwoman with Linda Carter.

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!

Aren't you lucky. :) And I've been working on the next set as well! You've got more to look forward too. Save up those pennies. :greedy:

I'd like to see QUARK (http://www.tvtome.com/Quark/) make a comeback. :D

bigbarada
07-27-2004, 12:02 PM
Well, the Droids and Ewoks cartoons have already been announced for later this year, so I can scratch those off of my list.

I would really like to see the old GI Joe and Transformers cartoons from the 80s on DVD someday.

We got the first season of Tour of Duty last month, so maybe we can start getting China Beach also.

Darkness Shroud
07-27-2004, 12:23 PM
I'm happy now Millennium seasons 1 and 2 are out/coming out on DVD. :)

Rocketboy
07-27-2004, 01:55 PM
I would really like to see the old GI Joe and Transformers cartoons from the 80s on DVD someday.They've started releasing them already. Season 1 of each has been released in 2 volumes each, I believe.

El Chuxter
07-27-2004, 01:56 PM
I would really like to see the old GI Joe and Transformers cartoons from the 80s on DVD someday.

Rhino just finished up the [G1] Transformers, and is working on getting out Beast Wars and the other re-makes. There are a total of five (Season 1, Season 2 Part 1, Season 2 Part 2, Season 3 Part 1, and Season 3 Part 2/Season 4), plus the movie. All the sets are available as separate discs, but if you're getting them all anyway, I'd just get the sets--save some money and get the cool pack-ins.

(And since bigbarada brought up Transformers, allow me to throw in Headmasters if I didn't already. Though I'll probably have to get those on import somehow.)

GIJoe is also underway. The first mini-series is available bare-bones, or with some extras and a Snake Eyes figure. The two sets for the second season are out, too. I'm not sure if they're planning on getting the inferior continuations that DIC produced following the movie.

mrmiller
07-27-2004, 02:17 PM
Another one I'd like to see is the Original Star Trek series- Special Edition. I want them in season box sets, with the interviews and extras that were shows during the Special Edition runs on Sci-Fi. Now that would be much better than what is out there now with 2 episodes per-disk and nothing for extras. Even if they want to milk it and not do full season sets, maybe 12 episodes per set (3-4 per disk) would be better than what we have now.

=MATT=

Deoxyribonucleic
07-28-2004, 11:57 AM
Another one I've wanted for a very, very long time came out yesterday and I can't stop the excitement. V - the complete mini-series And so far, so soooooooooooo good! :D

Ji'dai
07-28-2004, 01:57 PM
Not that nostalgic about old television programs. With the exception of cartoons, I can't stomach watching re-runs of shows that used to watch religiously. We already get The Simspons and Futurama, so I'd only like to see the Droids and Ewoks AS released. The local ABC affiliate wasn't very powerful and we sometimes couldn't get the station in at all back then. So I often missed episodes when they aired Saturday mornings.

I suppose I'd like to see "Sweating Bullets" on DVD. Late night CBS show about a male-female detective team on a fictional Florida Keys island. I watched it when I was in college. Lots of T&A!

Mandalorian Candidat
07-30-2004, 06:58 PM
I'm going to throw in Space:Above and Beyond and Sledge Hammer!

vader121
08-09-2004, 01:54 PM
-Spiderman & Friends
-Airwolf

billfremore
08-09-2004, 03:25 PM
The Flash
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (which is finally coming)
The A-Team
WKRP
Hogan's Heroes
Duckman
Automan

Dr Zoltar
08-09-2004, 06:27 PM
The Flash
The A-Team
WKRP
Hogan's Heroes
Duckman
AutomanExcellent choices!

I just saw that Sliders was released on DVD! Seasons 1 and 2 in one set. Those are the only 2 seasons worth watching though. I was a bit disappointed that there weren't many extras. The missing scene which explains why if they miss a slide they are stuck for 29 years would have been nice.

Deoxyribonucleic
08-10-2004, 12:06 AM

First of all, where've you been?? :D

And second of all...WHEN, when is Buck coming out? Eeegads, I'm so excited, so excited you don't even know. That bit of info you just put on the boards made my entire evening! Any info on the buck dvd's would be most appreciated.

Thanks BF :D

billfremore
08-10-2004, 10:31 AM
First of all, where've you been?? :D

And second of all...WHEN, when is Buck coming out? Eeegads, I'm so excited, so excited you don't even know. That bit of info you just put on the boards made my entire evening! Any info on the buck dvd's would be most appreciated.

Thanks BF :D

I've been... busy. (how's that for cryptic?)

According to an article I read on cinescape.com The entire series will be coming out on November 16th.

http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Video+%26+DVD&action=page&type_id=&cat_id=270352&obj_id=42035

I too am very excited about this. Wilma Deering is an über-hottie :D

Deoxyribonucleic
08-10-2004, 10:56 AM
Thanks so much Billfremore for the article/info. :)

I see also they will hopefully be releasing the bionic woman with the ORGINAL fembots. Excellent! Those things creeped me out big time when I was a kid. I can still remember a nightmare I had about them when I was little :crazed:

billfremore
08-10-2004, 12:29 PM
n/p Deo. :)

Ah yes the fembots. The Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic woman should definately be made available on DVD as well.

El Chuxter
08-26-2004, 02:30 PM
Well, since Sansweet apparently misinformed us all, let me add to the list:

Droids
Ewoks

(In case you've not heard, the DVDs coming in November are not the complete series.)

B'Omarr Monkey
08-26-2004, 11:13 PM

Sledge Hammer is already out. I was actually in an elevator with the actor (David Rasche?) who played him, and he was talking to some friend of his about his total obscurity. As I got off at my floor, I made sure to tell him how much I enjoyed Sledge Hammer. The look on his and his friend's face was priceless, much better than the look on Woody Allen's face the time I knocked him on his @$$.

Whoever mentioned Seinfeld, season 1 is on it's way.

I am in total agreement with Hellboy's picks, except for maybe Thundarr. Great production design, but unfortunately aired during the era of no hitting in cartoons. Sample scene (from every episode): Lizard men charge Thundarr w/spears. Thundar cuts off the tips of the spears. Lizard men drop their spears and run away. American Gothic is an awesome choice.

Most of my wish list has been coming out far too rapidly for me to keep up with: Outer Limits (original), Wiseguy, Northern Exposure, Batman: The Animated Series, Jonny Quest,SCTV and a few others.

Some additions I'd make: The 60s Batman series w/Adam West,

Fridays, which was a real mixed bag show that didn't last long. It starred Dave Thomas and Buck Henry. Some of the skits, like the one where John candy played a food repairman were hilarious.

Cartoon Planet for sure.

Complete Space Ghost/Dinoboy, Herculoids, etc.

Kolchak: The Night Stalker

The rest of Twin Peaks

I would kind of like to see the Planet of the Apes cartoon, which I haven't seen since I was a kid. I don't know if it would be any good, but the gorillas drove jeeps.

The Kingdom, which is the original version of Stephen King's Kingdom Hospital. This was amazing.

The Real Ghostbusters cartoon, which was based on the movie and was really well written and acted.

Furniture On the Go. No joke. This furniture restoration show that was on TLC about 8 years ago was the funniest show on tv while it aired. I would stop whatever I was doing to make sure that I watched it. I was not alone.

Lord Malakite
08-27-2004, 02:09 AM
Let's see, what would I like to see on DVD in complete season or series sets? :ermm: Most people would say what I'd like to see is garbage, but eh. As Popeye would say: I likes what I likes. lol

Friday the 13th: The Series - (Cursed objects are scary. :eek: )

Power Rangers - (Hey, I liked Godzilla movies as a kid, so why wouldn't I like a kids show based on the concept of crappy Japanese monsters fighting on a weekly basis. Besides that, demand is actually a lot higher than most people probably realize.)

Deadly Games - (Adult themes meet Power Rangers "monster of the week" based concepts with a splash of video games for seasoning. Whats not to like? Way to go Mr. Spock! :crazed: )

Spider Man "1990's Animated Series" - ( It worked for Batman. ;) )

mastermatt24
08-27-2004, 06:19 PM
I was really glad when they released Rough Necks on Dvd. :D

SithDroid
08-28-2004, 10:11 PM
I'd like to see complete series of these shows.

MacGyver
Mork & Mindy
The Muppet Show (Complete Series, not the best of stuff)
Tiny Toons
Animaniacs
Freakazoid
Warner Brothers Looney Tunes Cartoons (Complete Collection, not the best of)
Masters of the Universe (80's and New Series)
ThunderCats
She-Ra: Princess of Power
Animated Marvel Series in Complete Collections from the 60's
Animated Marvel Series in Complete Collections from the 90's
Mystery Science Theatre 3000 Complete Seasons (I can wish can't I?)
Vampira Old series (mmight be hard with gettign rights)
Alfred Hitchcock Presents (might be hard with getting rights)
Adventures of Brisco County Jr.
The Young Riders
Dinosaurs

That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure I will think of more later on.

Bobby Fett
08-28-2004, 11:09 PM
Sign me up for Quark and The Muppet Show, and add:

Fireball XL-5

Beanie and Cecil

Nyah ah ah!

Hey, nobody's ever accused me of being highbrow! :crazed:

Sith Lord 0498
08-29-2004, 08:39 AM
Animaniacs
Airwolf (first 3 seasons only)
Nightmare Cafe (complete series - hey it was only 11 or 12 episodes!! :))

Hellboy
08-29-2004, 01:52 PM
Another one I'd like to see is the Original Star Trek series- Special Edition. I want them in season box sets, with the interviews and extras that were shows during the Special Edition runs on Sci-Fi.

Looks like you're going to get your wish.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002I831S/104-9810649-2517553

On another note does anyone actually own season 1 of Wiseguy? I was planning on getting this set but read, I can't remember where, that the Moody Blue's "Night's In White Satin" song was removed from the climactic final episode because the rights weren't obtained. I know it might sound silly to pass on an entire season because of that omission but anyone who has watched the scene when Steelgrave finally learns of Taranova's betrayal can attest to the appropriateness of the song and how powerful the episode was because of it. Any info on this would be appreciated. :confused:

mrmiller
08-31-2004, 12:37 PM
HELLBOY, I just saw Star Trek TOS in my Sunday ads and was blown away. They must have read my post ;)

Anyhow, I need to check it out and see what all extras come packed with it.

Plus for SithDroid- i see Mork and Mindy is getting a 1st season release.

I think we need to start our Brisco petition!

=MATT=

B'Omarr Monkey
08-31-2004, 10:46 PM
Hellboy, the info came from a sidebar in a recent Entertainment Weekly interview with Ken Wahl. I don't have the set myself, I still have my VHS copies from way back when, but hope to replace them at some point. You're right, without the song it's not going to have the power it did originally. Especially since, that scene lasts the entire song, with nothing more than them mulling over the truth about their relationship.

Bobby Fett - I'm with you on Quark. Best of all, it can all fit on one DVD. Long live Ficus, Jean/Gene and the Betty twins!

Sentinel18725
09-01-2004, 08:43 AM
Most of mine are already coming:

MASH
West Wing (a little faster here guys, I need to see season three)
Quantum Leap

but how about some other obscure titles:

Pretender
Crime Story
Houston
Equalizer

Deoxyribonucleic
09-01-2004, 10:13 AM
Most of mine are already coming:

MASH
West Wing (a little faster here guys, I need to see season three)
Quantum Leap

but how about some other obscure titles:

Pretender
Crime Story
Houston
Equalizer

Wow, the equalizer...that was a great show and I'd totally forgotten about it! Love this thread for just such a reason. :)

Hellboy
09-01-2004, 03:47 PM
Hellboy, the info came from a sidebar in a recent Entertainment Weekly interview with Ken Wahl.

Thanks B'Omarr that explains where I read it. It really is a shame that the song wasn't included on the DVD. Unfortunately I'm going to pass on the Steelgrave set with the hopes that it someday gets redone with the song intact. You better believe I'll be picking up the Profit set though Buckwheat. ;)

B'Omarr Monkey
09-01-2004, 10:25 PM
I just thought of another series I'd probably buy if it were offered on DVD--Wild, Wild, West.

Turambar
09-05-2004, 09:52 PM

YES!! Sledge Hammer! I had forgotten about that one.

I would also like to see the remaining episodes of Son of the Beach as well as Beavis & Butthead. The old Batman & Robin show would be great.

Finally, I would like to see a quality collection of the curley years of the Three Stooges.

Exhaust Port
09-05-2004, 09:56 PM
Sledge Hammer is coming out on DVD in the near future which is great to hear.

I recently bought the first GI Joe box set as well as Season 1 of Knight Rider. As of a few minutes ago I finished watching the first 2 hour KR episode where Micheal Long becomes Micheal Knight. AWESOME. This is such a great TV series I'm not only looking forward to the rest of the episodes but also the future season releases. I can't wait to finally own the 2 part episode involving Goliath and Micheal Knights evil twin, Garth. :D

B'Omarr Monkey
09-06-2004, 02:40 PM
Sledge Hammer is out. I saw it at Borders.

Exhaust Port
09-07-2004, 06:14 PM
That was quick. :D

El Chuxter
09-15-2004, 05:48 PM
Here's a little gem of a show that completely slipped my mind until, for reasons unknown, it just popped back up:

Two Stupid Dogs

Anyone else remember that show? I'd love to have it on DVD, even barebones. As long as the updated Secret Squirrel shorts that ran in the same time slot are included as well.

And how about, once Warner finishes all the other old cartoons, The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest. This was as cool as the original was sucky. And I really, really hated the original JQ show.

Hellboy
09-15-2004, 06:25 PM
I just thought of another series I'd probably buy if it were offered on DVD--Wild, Wild, West.

Oh yeah, great choice. My father used to love these and I remember as a kid they used to play them every weekend on TBS and we would watch them together. That and Robert Conrad's other show Black Sheep Squadron. Good memories, I'd definitely pick up this set.

B'Omarr Monkey
09-16-2004, 01:14 AM
And how about, once Warner finishes all the other old cartoons, The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest. This was as cool as the original was sucky. And I really, really hated the original JQ show.

Your just here to start some trouble, aren't you? How could you possibly prefer The 'Real' Adventures of Jonny Quest to the real thing? The animation was ugly, the stories were so-so, Race's voice changed every other episode, and all that virtual reality nonsense where Questworld, or whatever it was called, was more real than the show's real world. They live in two dimensions, but inside the computer, they exist in 3?

It wasn't an awful show, I watched it for quite a while, and even have some of them on tape, but it doesn't even touch the original. The Robot Spy episode alone makes the original a classic. It's also the only cartoon I can think of that succesfully managed to be creepy.

Bobby Fett
09-16-2004, 10:09 AM
Let's add Police Squad.

Exhaust Port
09-16-2004, 10:26 AM
I have Police Squad on VHS but you're right, that series is itching for a DVD release with commentary for such a crazy show. :D

B'Omarr Monkey
09-16-2004, 11:24 AM
"Police Squad" another great choice. Thanks for thinking of it.

El Chuxter
09-16-2004, 12:11 PM
Absolutively posolutely! Police Squad on DVD would be some kind of a bust! Well, very impressive. :rolleyes:

I have no idea why I never cared for the original Jonny Quest. My dislike started very early. I think even as a preschooler, I found Jonny and Hadji to be annoying little twits. And, though I prefer Real Adventures, I'm not about to defend the shoddy animation or the weird CG bits.

However, another Warner cartoon came to mind this morning when I found yet another "best of" DVD in the cheapie bin at Wal-Mart:

The Powerpuff Girls (complete season boxed sets)

This show is definitely an adult cartoon, though not in the same sense as South Park. The humor is sophisticated and definitely not funny to youngsters (I mean, one of their villains is the devil, who turns out to be a transvestite!), the violence a bit much for little kids, and the pop culture references make sense only to those who remember the 90s and before. So when is it going to get the DVD treatment it deserves?

(Though at $5.50 a pop, I'm not about to pass up the compilations they are releasing. :D)

And while we're at it, where's the stinking Widescreen Special Edition of the Powerpuff Girls Movie that was promised way back in the day? :mad:

B'Omarr Monkey
09-16-2004, 03:04 PM
I think the Powerpuff Girls and Dexter's Laboratory are both deserving of the full season treatments. With all the other box sets CN is putting out, I imagine these won't be too long coming.

Hellboy
09-16-2004, 04:44 PM
The Robot Spy episode alone makes the original a classic. It's also the only cartoon I can think of that succesfully managed to be creepy.

Was that Robot Spy episode the one with the black ball that had one red eye and sprouted spider like legs wreaking havok on a military base? For whatever reason when I think of Jonny Quest that episode comes to mind. I fondly remember the creepy atmosphere that was created by that episode's music.

I wasn't a fan of the new series either. I checked out a few episodes but nothing really impressed me especially when compared to the original. Race Bannon was the man in that series!

Kidhuman
09-16-2004, 05:19 PM
I think the Powerpuff Girls and Dexter's Laboratory are both deserving of the full season treatments. With all the other box sets CN is putting out, I imagine these won't be too long coming.

Yes they are. I hope they stick Ed, Edd, and Eddie out to. I would even go for the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.

El Chuxter
09-16-2004, 05:30 PM
While they're at it, Jonny Bravo. But only season 1, before they changed animation styles and dropped all the sexist adult humor.

stillakid
09-16-2004, 07:27 PM
Did anybody mention "The Tick" yet? And I don't mean that horrible live-action abomination either.

And I'd like to take the time to reiterate "Quark" just one more time. Thank you. :)

B'Omarr Monkey
09-16-2004, 11:06 PM
Was that Robot Spy episode the one with the black ball that had one red eye and sprouted spider like legs wreaking havok on a military base? For whatever reason when I think of Jonny Quest that episode comes to mind. I fondly remember the creepy atmosphere that was created by that episode's music.

That's exactly the episode I'm talking about. The one with the invible monster was great too, especially when Hadji's jet pack wouldn't start and the footsteps get closer and closer. The creepy voodoo guy with the blow gun was another creepy episode too.

The music was great. It even worked on Scooby-Doo and The Herculoids.

evenflow
09-18-2004, 01:24 PM
I really wish we could just get either season sets or complete series of cartoons instead of selected episodes. I would love season sets of Justice League and Teen Titans. Complete series of cartoons no longer in production, like MOTU, POP, ThunderCats, and all the Marvel Cartoons from the 90's. I really believe more people would buy these instead of the stuff thats out now.

Sentinel18725
09-18-2004, 11:22 PM
Does anyone remember a program about a hitman (or pair of hitmen) the opening song was done by Genesis "I've got a line on you"....any ideas?

OH....let's see Crime Story!

SithDroid
10-25-2004, 10:39 PM
Does anyone know if Warner Brothers is planning on releasing all of the Looney Tunes shorts on DVD? I know that they have the Gold Collection 1 out now and that a Gold Collection 2 is coming out soon, but are they planning on releasing everything? Also does anyone know how many there were and if so a place where I can get a full list? Thanks.

stillakid
10-26-2004, 12:17 AM
Does anyone know if Warner Brothers is planning on releasing all of the Looney Tunes shorts on DVD? I know that they have the Gold Collection 1 out now and that a Gold Collection 2 is coming out soon, but are they planning on releasing everything? Also does anyone know how many there were and if so a place where I can get a full list? Thanks.

I'll try to find out for you...tomorrow. No, really.

Bobby Fett
10-26-2004, 08:14 PM
I almost forgot Pinky and the Brain!

mastermatt24
10-26-2004, 10:23 PM
I almost forgot Pinky and the Brain!
I used to love that show.. I dont know why but I always remeber the episode when pinky was reading the pat the bunny book. I sometimes would watch histeria to when it was on.

DGFD
10-26-2004, 11:00 PM
The Real Ghostbusters!!!!!!

Jayspawn
10-28-2004, 09:13 AM
AH! I forgot about The Real Ghostbusters! Good one DGFD!!!!

UKWildcat
03-04-2007, 12:33 PM
M.A.S.K - The complete animated series.

2-1B
03-04-2007, 12:38 PM
Friday the 13th The Series.

UKWildcat
03-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Nice one C.

Freddy's Nightmares - sure it wasn't fantastic or anything, but I'd still buy it. Mainly for sentimental reasons.

2-1B
03-04-2007, 04:07 PM
I'm a big NOES guy, big fan, but I don't remember too much about Fred's Nightmares...I do remember it being pretty crusty, though. :(

F13TS, on the other hand, is a QUALITY show that I still enjoy today. :)
I loved it as a kid and it holds up surprisingly well, in my opinion. Back around 2000 I made sure to collect them all (in order) on VHS by taping them on Sci-Fi when they showed them regularly. Last summer, a friend took my tapes and put them on DVD-R so that they won't get even worse in quality than what is on the VHS tapes.

But yeah, they REALLY need to get this out on DVD! John D. LeMay's website had reference to some sort of petition push to get Paramount to put this great show out but so far, no luck.

I'm a big fan of John D. LeMay and Chris Wiggins, great actors both. :)

UKWildcat
03-04-2007, 04:28 PM
Yea, Freddy's Nightmares wasn't all that great, but there were a few choice episodes. Like I said, sentimental reasons would be the main factor in me picking that one up.

I haven't seen a lot of the Friday The 13th series, but I do recall good things about it. How is the quality of those DVD-Rs Cae? ;) :D

Another show I wouldn't mind seeing released on DVD would be "Are You Afraid of the Dark?". I only remember good things about it, but of course that was many years ago. I used to always watch that show, I even had the pc game. lol :thumbsup:

dxdave
03-21-2007, 08:54 AM
Yey....Police Squad! is on DVD.

There was a show with Kimberly Williams that lasted only one season. It was called "Relativity" and was like a "thirtysomething" I've been told although I never saw that show. It was a great "cutesy" show that my wife and I watched.....I wish it would make it to DVD. It was a gem.

UKWildcat
03-22-2007, 10:57 PM
MTV's - The Head

I still have my VHS copy, but I've been aching for a dvd for many years. Hell, I don't even have a VCR anymore to play my VHS copy.

El Chuxter
03-23-2007, 12:30 AM
Looking back over this, so many of our dreams have come true.

And, yet, so many have not.

Still waiting on PowerPuff Girls, which is odd since that's one of the most popular and widely-recognized shows to ever air on Cartoon Network.

Chris Elliot promised in an interview on The Daily Show in mid-2005 that he was working on commentary for Get a Life, and the first season was to come out in February 2006. As you can tell, that doesn't seem to have been the case.

Now that Kid Rhino lost the rights to Sony BMG Music (seriously), who promptly killed their DVD division, Transformers and GIJoe are back in limbo.

Sifl and Ollie would be a lot of fun to have.

And, though Mike Judge has said it won't happen, complete, unedited Beavis and Butt-Head. Apparently the show embarasses him now, so he'll only ever allow the three incomplete, hacked up DVDs that were released in the last year or so. Never mind that he'd be flipping burgers if not for that show.

I still say Cartoon Planet. I know it could be a nightmare with all the fan mail and such, but they seriously need to realize that it was funnier than Coast to Coast or The Brak Show ever dreamed of being. And those were two pretty funny shows.

Oh, and one that'd be even more of a nightmare and surprisingly hasn't come up: Batman. It's silly as hell, and the villains are retarded (especially Egghead and Louie the Lilac :mad: ), but that's the fun of it!

2-1B
03-23-2007, 12:54 AM
Kris Kristofferson wasn't a villain on Batman? :confused:

Lord Malakite
03-23-2007, 02:25 AM
But yeah, they REALLY need to get this out on DVD! John D. LeMay's website had reference to some sort of petition push to get Paramount to put this great show out but so far, no luck.

Get in line behind me Caesar. I've been waiting since 2004 (go back a few pages ;) ) for Friday the 13th The Series. And where are my Power Rangers? Anything lasting 15 seasons deserves entire season sets on principle alone.

2-1B
03-24-2007, 12:15 PM
Get in line behind me Caesar. I've been waiting since 2004 (go back a few pages ;) ) for Friday the 13th The Series.

Yeah? Well I've been waiting since 2000 when I taped them off of TV and then burned to DVD last year. :p I watched this show when I was a kid and I wanted the DVDs back then already...when DVD didn't even exist. :crazed:

And where are my Power Rangers? Anything lasting 15 seasons deserves entire season sets on principle alone.

Uhhhhh, you can have your place in line back. :dead:

lol lol lol

BountyHunterScum
03-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Remastered Star Trek and Viper. The Sentinel

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-24-2007, 03:44 PM
frankly, i'm STILL waiting for a DVD release of my favorite bowling alley lawyer, "Ed." Not a date is in sight and i'm getting more and more interested in buying some bootleg editions if NBC wont' get off their a--es and release them. It's four effin' seasons, just DO IT ALREADY!!! :upset: :upset:

also, the original (1990's) "Spider-Man" and "X-Men" cartoons. I hope these are in production somewhere.

DarkArtist
03-24-2007, 10:48 PM
I want BOB ROSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!:yes: :yes: :yes:

On DVD.

Lord Malakite
03-25-2007, 06:28 PM
also, the original (1990's) "Spider-Man" and "X-Men" cartoons. I hope these are in production somewhere.
Probably not (and most likely for the exact same reason as Power Rangers). In 2001 Disney bought out Saban Entertainment, which happened to own Fox Family (now known as ABC Family) and Fox Kids (now known as Jetix). Saban was also responsible for producing the Power Rangers franchise, the Digimon franchise, the 90's Spider-Man cartoon, the 90's X-Men cartoon, The Tick cartoon, and several other things). I'm pretty certain Disney still owns the rights to both of these shows now, which means Buena Vista has the DVD rights. If thats the case Buena Vista probably won't release them as they don't see season sets of most kid's shows (unless it was first created by/contains classic characters of Disney) as being "profitable." I'm still surprised they even gave us Season 1 of The Tick cartoon and the entire Fantastic Four cartoon series.

DarthQuack
01-08-2008, 10:36 AM
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Cheers-Season-9/8750

Cheers Season 9 is FINALLY coming to DVD....we've been waiting a good year and a half for CBS/Paramount to get their act together.

2-1B
09-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Friday the 13th The Series.

WOO HOO Season 1 comes to DVD on September 23rd !!!!!

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Lord Malakite
09-14-2008, 05:45 AM
WOO HOO Season 1 comes to DVD on September 23rd !!!!!

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Friday The 13th The Series on DVD in little over a week. I can hardly wait. :thumbsup:

I'm also glad to see that tvshowsondvd.com is giving Disney and Buena Vista a hard time for their treatment of Power Rangers (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Power-Rangers-Jungle-Fury-Volume-1-and-Volume-2/10514) regarding DVDs in the US. :D