PDA

View Full Version : Best way to safely store away my toys?

GCrusher23
07-22-2004, 10:37 PM
I have hundreds of carded Star Wars toys along with numerous accessories / vehicles / 12 inch figures. I'm going off to college in a few weeks, and my parents want me to take all my toys, which are on display in my room, and store them away. What is the safest way to do this? If I just stack them in a box, could the card backs begin to bend out of shape? I don't want there to be any drop off in their value due to poor storing, so can someone give me some good advice? Thanks.

Kidhuman
07-22-2004, 10:47 PM
Yes, get Rubbermaid totes. They are the best. They are not succeptable towater damage like a box is. You can stack figures very nicely in them. I have about 5 of them filled to capacity, with figures, vehicles, and playsets. And the best part about them is you can stuff them into a closet while you are away. Go for the bigger ones, like 50 gallon or so. They hold a ton of figures.

GCrusher23
07-23-2004, 12:42 AM
I just want to make it clear that all of my items are unopened, not loose toys. Kidhuman, if you understood this and the totes will work, then thanks for the help.

Dr Zoltar
07-23-2004, 01:19 AM
Depends on where you are. I'm in Seattle and I'm a carded collector. Everything I have is in boxes or rubbermade bins. They are stored in an attic with a plastic tarp loosely on top of them in case of leaks, but loose enough to allow air flow around the boxes. I also have placed dry eaze in the attic which pulls moisture out of the air.

Everything seems to be OK.

Kidhuman
07-23-2004, 09:06 AM
Go with the totes. I am an MOC, MIB collector as well. :beard: