PDA

View Full Version : Which VOTC figs are you getting,which ones are you not getting

Darth Tornado
07-23-2004, 09:59 AM
I want to know who is getting which VOTC figures. I plan to get them all cause I am keeping them carded and only getting them for the vintage cards

Kidhuman
07-23-2004, 10:03 AM
I am getting them all. Have them all on preorder right now. Will have a few doubles.

Jay86
07-23-2004, 10:17 AM
VOTC Yoda - prolly not getting him
VOTC Lando - definitely getting him
VOTC Vader - maybe
VOTC C-3PO - prolly not
VOTC Chewie - nope
VOTC Boba Fett - maybe
VOTC R2-D2 - nope
VOTC Stormtrooper - every one I come across is going home with me...I hope (thats quite a bit of money, plus my area seems to be contaminated with theives and people who can drive to TRU or K-Mart but cant afford 5-10 bucks to buy an action figure, so I'd much rather see these amazing figures go to a safe place than be stolen, but the money thing is kind of a killer). $10 a pop is a bit much IMO, but I'm loving this figure. Plus, I never came across the SA Clonetrooper figure, which I would love to have more of. And since the VOTC have been clogging the pegs in many stores in my area, hopefully I wont have any problem finding this figure, so that'lll kind of make up for never finding the SA Clonetrooper figure.

Droid
07-23-2004, 10:20 AM
Just Yoda. I dig the vintage era snake. (Sounds dirty). They can keep the others. Not paying that much for packaging, and I think they failed to really impress with the figures because they didn't have as much articulation as they should have.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-23-2004, 11:02 AM
If I can, I'll get them all. I don't think I'll keep any on the card, maybe one extra Luke but that's it. These figures are too cool to keep on the card. I mean, the card's nice and all, and I'm gonna keep it (like I do with every card), but these figures need to be opened.

mm74md
07-23-2004, 11:55 AM
All of them to keep carded. It makes me feel like a little kid again when I see them on the shelves. I remember walking into the old 70's era discount stores like Hills & Jamesway seeing all the new Star Wars stuff on display. Ahhhh, memories!

I bought an extra Han & Leia to open so far. I plan on getting an extra Boba Fett & Vader to open since they are my all time fave characters.

lucidebass
07-23-2004, 02:55 PM
I just got 2 Hans...one to open, one carded. This is an incredible figure! I'm having a hard time trying to justify spending the money on some of these though. Boba Fett x2 ( I really hope those pics are unfinished product- Where's the cape and viewfinder?!?), Stormtrooper x2, Lando x2, Darth Vader x2 are a must, from what I've seen. Yoda, Leia, Chewie and Luke are more than likely. But Ben, C3PO and R2 I'm going to have to see in person, because so far, I'm not really impressed with the pics.

dindae
07-23-2004, 03:02 PM
Not paying that much for packaging, and I think they failed to really impress with the figures because they didn't have as much articulation as they should have.

I understand 3po and r2 but on the other figures what articulation were you looking for?

I will be getting two of each. (my standard purchase)

mark2d2
07-23-2004, 03:23 PM
I definitely plan on getting all of them carded.

And will probably get an entire second set to open.
I had planned on only getting a few to open,
but so far, I want them all loose as well. . .

IMFETTUP
07-23-2004, 03:37 PM
As a completist, I will be getting all of them! I just have to convince my wife that this is worthwhile and necessary.:sur:

Deoxyribonucleic
07-23-2004, 03:44 PM
ALL of them!

Did I mention I'm getting ALL of them?

Some doubles too of Han Solo, Stormtrooper, Threepio and Vader.

:)

Kidhuman
07-23-2004, 10:08 PM
As a completist, I will be getting all of them! I just have to convince my wife that this is worthwhile and necessary.:sur:

Just tell here we here at SSG gave you permission to buy them and doubles too. :D

Deoxy, I thought you said you were getting all of them. :D

:beard: <----------dont click him

Deoxyribonucleic
07-24-2004, 12:32 PM
Deoxy, I thought you said you were getting all of them. :D

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

right, right ok. I'll get doubles of ALL of them too.

Did I mention that?

;)

jedimastergeorge
07-24-2004, 02:22 PM
I have han, leia and obi wan kenobi. im wanting luke skywalker and the rest of them. but as of right now im wanting luke. if anyone gets an extra luke i'm willing to buy or trade for him.

Dr Zoltar
07-24-2004, 04:20 PM
I will get one of each to keep carded. Though I am worried that people will be hording the Stormtrooper and we all know that Hasbro won't ship extra numbers of him.

Reefer Shark
07-24-2004, 04:27 PM
I plan on getting two of each. One opener and one to keep sealed.

I've already opened a Han and Leia, and they are awesome figures.

ROTJLuke
07-24-2004, 05:55 PM
If I can find them in my area, then I will prob. get what I can get, but I doubt Ill go out of my way for them, since Im very tight on money.

bigbarada
07-26-2004, 12:56 PM
Here's how it breaks down for me:

I'll buy two of:
Han (I already have one, so I'll buy at least one more)
Chewie
Stormtrooper (I want at least two loose ones)
Darth Vader (I plan to do a head swap with the Saga Throne Room Vader to create the 'perfect' Removable Helmet Vader)
Threepio
Artoo

At least one of:
Boba Fett
Yoda

The maybe pile:
Luke
Leia
Ben
Lando

JabbaGlob
07-26-2004, 01:49 PM
I'm getting one of each to remain carded but choosing doubles to open has proven tricky. I've opened a Han and Luke and I plan on opening doubles of at least Vader, Fett, Stormtrooper and maybe Calrissian but probably not Yoda, Chewbacca, R2 and 3PO although they all look fantastic!! Maybe if they are still hanging on the pegs around Christmas they will make great gift requests!!

Ji'dai
07-28-2004, 02:48 PM
I'd like to put together two complete sets, one set to open, one set to keep carded. So I pre-ordered cases of them. I've only seen two VOTC figures at retail so far - Han and Leia at Suncoast, but they were $12.99 each.

evenflow
07-28-2004, 02:55 PM
All of the VOTC!

IMFETTUP
07-28-2004, 03:30 PM
[QUOTE=kidhuman]Just tell here we here at SSG gave you permission to buy them and doubles too. :D

I may have to use a jedi mind trick on her. "You will let me buy these figures."(IMFETTUP waves his hand softly, motioning to his wife) "These are the figures I'm looking for." (IMFETTUP continues to wave his hand in a vain attempt to dupe her) I may have to resort to more devious methods of acquisition...I'll sneak them in the house!!:D

Reefer Shark
07-28-2004, 04:47 PM
I may have to resort to more devious methods of acquisition...I'll sneak them in the house!!:D
Hell yeah! Sneak 'em in.

Sadly enough, I've been perfecting this habit lately... As soon as I hear her bath-water running, it's time to run out to the car and get the goods.

Hellboy
07-28-2004, 05:33 PM
I'll be getting 2 of each, 1 open and 1 carded. As well as multiples of the Stormie, if I can find them. :greedy:

Hellboy
07-28-2004, 05:40 PM
[EDIT] oops sorry for the double post. :confused:

Kyle Katarn
07-28-2004, 08:13 PM
I'm going to get them all, they are nice and I think it would be cool if hasbro release some figures of the new trilogy in Vintage Style packages.

Kidhuman
07-28-2004, 09:58 PM
I may have to resort to more devious methods of acquisition...I'll sneak them in the house!!:D

Wheres the stones? Walk in, plop 'em down and say "Deal with it" We will have no electricity for two weeks, but I got my figures." :D

:beard:

B'Omarr Monkey
07-29-2004, 12:31 AM
I plan to get them all. So far I've only found Han and Obi-Wan. I'm an opener, but haven't actually opened these yet. The packaging is pretty nice, but I opened all my vintage ones too, so I'll do the same here, as soon as I figure out a new display arrangement (I've got a 3 1/2 year old, who does not understand the concept of "only for looking." He has some SW toys of his own, so he knows they should be played with). In the meantime they're staying carded.

Samuel Windu
07-29-2004, 09:58 AM
All 12 figures.I just love the new scuplt & vintage feel packing.Now I only consider to get 1 or 2 sets :D

jedi master sal
07-29-2004, 10:31 AM
2 sets of each. (1 carded, 1 open) and many extra Stormtroopers.

That's if after I open the stormie I like him. How am I kidding? I'll buy every Stormtrooper I can get my hands on.

So that's 24 figs-2 of each (1 carded, 1 open) + many extra troopers.

As of this post, I've only found Leia, Han, Obi-wan (got two of each).

Deoxyribonucleic
07-29-2004, 12:40 PM

Just give her a comparison of the price of your figures to the price of her makeup. The argument should stop right there ;)

ronhudy
07-29-2004, 01:18 PM
Obi-Wan.

That's it for now...the others so far look terrible. Maybe I'll pick 'em up on clearance in 6 months if I feel the need to have 'em.

mark2d2
07-29-2004, 01:29 PM
Obi-Wan.

That's it for now...the others so far look terrible. Maybe I'll pick 'em up on clearance in 6 months if I feel the need to have 'em.

Wow! Everybody else HATES Obi-wan.

But I'm with you. . . I think he's very cool. Sure, the robe is a bit bulky, but the retro cloth is so very different and something totally unique that we haven't gotten in a classic Obi-wan figure. He's a real nice change of pace.

I have him carded right now and can't wait to snag and extra so I can rip him open at long last.

I now definitely plan on getting two of each and every VOTC and am hoping to snag an old vinyl carry case off Ebay to house the loose ones in. How's that for retro nostolgia?

Jay86
07-29-2004, 01:50 PM
I picked up the VOTC Obi-Wan today. Never cared for him before, but I looked at my Cantina Diorama and realized I have no good Obi-Wan there, and I'm not taking the risk that Hasbro wont ever make a human version of the Spirit Obi OTC figure. So I picked the VOTC figure up today, and its a rather good figure actually. Of course, the robe is bulky, but not as bad as I thought it would be. Otherwise, I dont think he looks good with the robe off. But not a bad figure in the end ;)

Kidhuman
07-29-2004, 03:00 PM
I now definitely plan on getting two of each and every VOTC and am hoping to snag an old vinyl carry case off Ebay to house the loose ones in. How's that for retro nostolgia?

Very retro, and a good idea. If I happen to get a second set, I might do the same

Knightfall
08-01-2004, 05:54 PM
My initial plan was to buy two sets, one to open and one as wall decorations. That is, until my girlfriend pointed out that I'd be spending over $300 on a bunch of characters I already have multiple figures of (the only store around here that has them is Suncoast, and they charge $13--robbery, IMO). The more that fact sank in, I realized I don't really need or want more variations of main characters, no matter how much articulation or soft goods they have. I'm still getting two each of Boba and the Stormtrooper, though.

plasticfetish
08-02-2004, 03:03 AM
Well... I may end up being the odd man out here, but I spotted a few of these today (finally) and I took a pass on them. I saw one each of Obi-Wan, Leia and Han, and after looking them up and down for probably waaay too long, I decided that they weren't worth $10. In each case, the "protective" shell was either smashed, bent or all scratched up. Each figure also had paint "issues" that really turned me off. For instance, Han's eyes were all funky and his vest paint was all over his shirt.

I'd have a hard time paying $10 to open these only to end up with something that looks substandard. Just the same, I'm not sure that I like the idea of buying these and never opening them at all. Half the reason for the hype and the high price is that these are supposed to be extremely nice toys -- and at this point, I'm not convinced.

I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled for more. Unfortunately this was the very first time that I'd seen them at retail, so who knows, maybe I'll change my mind.

bigbarada
08-02-2004, 11:31 AM
I found Han, Leia and Ben at Hastings (our regional version of Barnes & Noble) this weekend and picked them all up. I now have two Hans, two Bens and one Leia. So I've decided to buy one carded and one loose of all twelve figures.

These figures are probably the only new toys holding my interest in Star Wars right now.

Kidhuman
08-02-2004, 09:18 PM
I still have not seen any of these in my area. I am so happy I preordered them or I never would get them.

plasticfetish
08-02-2004, 10:03 PM
Hit Target tonight, and they've started putting OTC figures and vehicles out. They had Han, Leia and Obi-Wan VOTC figs -- maybe 4 to 8 of each, as well as X-wings, TIEs and Falcons.

So, I bought Han. Found a nice one, but I had to pick through a few of them to get one with really good paint. I'm gonna keep this one carded for sure. I'll grab Leia and Obi-Wan later. What's up with Luke? There's none to be found at all.

bigbarada
08-03-2004, 11:42 AM
Hit Target tonight, and they've started putting OTC figures and vehicles out. They had Han, Leia and Obi-Wan VOTC figs -- maybe 4 to 8 of each, as well as X-wings, TIEs and Falcons.

So, I bought Han. Found a nice one, but I had to pick through a few of them to get one with really good paint. I'm gonna keep this one carded for sure. I'll grab Leia and Obi-Wan later. What's up with Luke? There's none to be found at all.

I think Luke is shipping with Vader and Yoda. I'm guessing the listed case assortments are a load of crap. Hasbro must have had some problems with Luke in production and delayed the figure. From what I can gather, the first cases only contain Han, Leia and Ben.

Kidhuman
08-03-2004, 11:53 AM
Wave 1 was just Han, Leia, agnd Ben. Wave 1.5 is those three plus Luke. Wave 2(or 2.5) is one of each from ANH and ESB

bigbarada
08-03-2004, 11:57 AM
Wave 1 was just Han, Leia, agnd Ben. Wave 1.5 is those three plus Luke. Wave 2(or 2.5) is one of each from ANH and ESB

So Wave 2(or 2.5) looks to be the one to get. Thanks, maybe I should check out the Case Assortments section a little more often before opening my big mouth. :o

Kidhuman
08-03-2004, 12:06 PM
Wave 2.5

1x Lando Calrissian - Empire Strikes Back (NEW),
1x C-3P0 - Empire Strikes Back (NEW),
1x Darth Vader - Empire Strikes Back,
1x Yoda - Empire Strikes Back,
1x Han Solo - A New Hope,
1x Luke Skywalker - A New Hope,
1x Obi-Wan Kenobi - A New Hope,
1x Princess Leia - A New Hope

Wave 3

2x Boba Fett - Return of the Jedi (NEW),
1x R2-D2 (NEW),
1x Chewbacca (NEW),
2x Stormtrooper (NEW),
1x Lando Calrissian - Empire Strikes Back,
1x Darth Vader - Empire Strikes Back.

Those are the ones I ordered. Even though wave 3 has doubles, it is good ones that I want double of, so I can open them. :D

bigbarada
08-03-2004, 12:17 PM
Wave 2.5

1x Lando Calrissian - Empire Strikes Back (NEW),
1x C-3P0 - Empire Strikes Back (NEW),
1x Darth Vader - Empire Strikes Back,
1x Yoda - Empire Strikes Back,
1x Han Solo - A New Hope,
1x Luke Skywalker - A New Hope,
1x Obi-Wan Kenobi - A New Hope,
1x Princess Leia - A New Hope

Wave 3

2x Boba Fett - Return of the Jedi (NEW),
1x R2-D2 (NEW),
1x Chewbacca (NEW),
2x Stormtrooper (NEW),
1x Lando Calrissian - Empire Strikes Back,
1x Darth Vader - Empire Strikes Back.

Those are the ones I ordered. Even though wave 3 has doubles, it is good ones that I want double of, so I can open them. :D

Please tell me that there is going to be a Wave 3.5 which has more than one Chewie figure in it. :sur:

Kidhuman
08-03-2004, 12:21 PM
As of yet, nothing posted. :(

Ric Olie
08-03-2004, 12:21 PM
I'll probably not buy any of them as $10.00 for a little action figure costs way too much.

Hellboy
08-03-2004, 05:52 PM
Wave 1.5 hit today in my area. I checked a few stores while working today and turned up the 2 Luke's I needed. :D

I wouldn't worry to much about these not in hitting in abundance everywhere. The thing I'm noticing around here at least, is most of the stores are finishing their holiday resets and putting cases of these out. I'm seeing the VOTC in places I never would've thought would receive them and I'd imagine if they sell well there will be more especially around the time of the OT DVD release.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-03-2004, 10:29 PM
As many as I can, but no more than one of each. Money will be a serious problem, as getting the whole line of only 12 figures is going to cost at least $230.00, and with the OTC out there, plus a few vehicles I want, I have to be choosy on what to get. I do have a Leia and want to get a Ben. Other than that, I plead ignorance, because I haven't seen pics yet of the other figures (yeah I know there out there), although a vintage-style Boba Fett sounds cool.

Kidhuman
08-03-2004, 10:32 PM
as getting the whole line of only 12 figures is going to cost at least $230.00

Where the hell do you shop? 12x10=120 dollgars. Unless you are planning on getting two of each.

plasticfetish
08-04-2004, 05:17 AM
Hit another Target and found a nice Obi-Wan. (He's staying carded for sure -- looks much better carded.) OK, so it's Wave 1.5 for Luke. Cool.

So, as of right now, I'll be buying one of each to keep carded (as I find nice ones) and maybe a few to open. I know it's early, but I'm almost willing to gamble that there will be some of these around with dented up shells that'll get marked down in the months to come. I've noticed that my Targets have had plenty (6+) of each figure, so I don't think they'll be too scarce. Probably be a small-ish glut of them come September. (I could be wrong, so don't hold your breath.)

Mandalorian Candidat
08-04-2004, 06:40 PM
I'll probably not buy any of them as $10.00 for a little action figure costs way too much.

You can always look at it as $5 for the figure and $5 for the star case it comes in. :)

I probably will only buy a few like Luke, Vader, Stormie, Yoda, and Lando 45. I may pick up the others if they're around later this year when Target starts to do their toy clearance.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-06-2004, 12:36 AM
Where the hell do you shop? 12x10=120 dollgars. Unless you are planning on getting two of each.

FYI, I of course, was factoring the Canadian Exchange Rate, in case any of our Canadian friends were reading the post, Mr. Ignorant. Ever think of that? :mad:

(Sorry man, math isn't one of my strong points. :o )

Deoxyribonucleic
08-06-2004, 11:33 AM
WAIT...these VOTC figs ARE ten dollars each or $9.99 or something like that, so actually LBC is correct in spending $120.00 for all 12 VOTC figures...plus tax and that's here in the states.

If he (or any of us here in the states...at retail mind you) gets two of each he'll be spending $240.00 :eek:

Kidhuman
08-06-2004, 12:17 PM
FYI, I of course, was factoring the Canadian Exchange Rate, in case any of our Canadian friends were reading the post, Mr. Ignorant. Ever think of that? :mad:

(Sorry man, math isn't one of my strong points. :o )

Ye olde exchange rate. Nope wasnt thinking of that. :D

Kidhuman
08-06-2004, 12:19 PM
WAIT...these VOTC figs ARE ten dollars each or $9.99 or something like that, so actually LBC is correct in spending $120.00 for all 12 VOTC figures...plus tax and that's here in the states.

If he (or any of us here in the states...at retail mind you) gets two of each he'll be spending $240.00 :eek:

Did you read his original post, if not click the :beard:

:beard: (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=342713&postcount=49)

rbaumhauer
08-07-2004, 12:03 AM
Haven't seen anything new around here (Hartford, CT) in ages, but got out of work a bit early today and decided to stop at a Target on the way home.

To my great surprise, they actually had VOTC figures in stock - they had 4 each of Han and Ben, but no Leias (though the only "normal" figure they had was a HOF Death Star Leia). Well, I've had an assortment 1.5 case on order from Kebco ever since Hasbro changed the case assortments (from 2 of each per case), so I actually started to walk back out of the store empty-handed, but then I stopped to think about it. I figure, I ordered a case to make sure I got these figures, but if I actually see them with little effort (my days of hitting 5 stores every day are LONG over), why not pick them up?

I'm planning to keep one carded of each (which I never do) and one to open, so I figure I picked up my "openers" of Han and Ben today. When my case shows up, I'll pick what I still need and ebay the rest.

Han is definitely the better of the two figures - this really is the "ultimate" Ep4 Han figure. It's fun just to see what kind of whacky poses you can get him in. The only minor complaints I have are the lack of paint on the underside of his hair in back, and that the tie-down for the holster ends up looking like a brown bracelet around his thigh if he's doing anything but standing straight up, as it's not connected to the holster at all.

While I've managed to get Ben into a pose where the soft goods doesn't look ridiculous, the figure is disappointing overall. The face is nice, but the head is strangely-shaped in profile. The cloak isn't as bad as I feared if you take some time to wrap it around the figure to minimize the bulk, but the hood is still a disaster. Take the cloak off, and the figure actually gets worse! He's not particularly poseable, the sculpt is iffy, the cloak is okay at best, but you know what? It was still cool seeing a Ben Kenobi figure on that vintage card in a store again, and I have no regrets about dropping the $10 for him.

You know the strangest thing? How strangely small the packages actually are, depth-wise. It really makes you realize how over-packaged the current lines are when you see these on the pegs - you could probably get almost twice as many figures per peg of the VOTC as the normal line, just because they're so "slim".

Overall, it was really nice seeing these in a store - as others have said, it really brings back memories.

Rick

Veers
08-07-2004, 10:18 AM
I am getting them all. :cool: