PDA

View Full Version : Pic of OTC Packaged Y-Wing

Turbowars
07-25-2004, 02:15 PM
Here's a pick from SDCC of the Rainbow bright y-wing.;)

mrpauldeeds
07-25-2004, 02:26 PM
thats sick

i never saw a blue, red and gray one in the movie though. i always thought they were yellow and gray. i like this one though.

Turbowars
07-25-2004, 02:30 PM
Yeah it looks cool all put together unlike the POTF2 version.

kool-aid killer
07-25-2004, 02:33 PM
I like the look of this Y-wing fighter and will definitely pick it up since i missed out on first release. Hey Turbo, any idea on whether the pilot looks decent or is he a midget like the one we got in the rereleased X-wing?

Turbowars
07-25-2004, 02:36 PM
Pilot looks to be a waste of plactic and looks just like the X-wing one

kool-aid killer
07-25-2004, 02:49 PM
NOOOOOOO!!!!!! Man that makes me mad. Well, hopefully one of the better constructed pilots (Porkins perhaps?) will fit in there and this jabroni can sit on the sidelines. Many thanks for the photo though.

plo koon 200
07-25-2004, 03:15 PM
It looks okay. Can't wait to get it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-25-2004, 06:50 PM
It actually looks pretty good. Is that figure the same Dutch Vander we already have?

Turbowars
07-25-2004, 06:57 PM
I think so, check it out at GH

http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery/events/comic-con_international_(2004)/hasbro/hasbropre_229.jpg

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-25-2004, 07:07 PM
Oh, so it's not the Dutch Vander we already have (I'm talking about the basic carded Dutch Vander - Gold Leader figure). This one is a lot like the one form the Red Leader X-wing, which itself is kitbashed from the Luke X-wing Pilot figure and the first Y-wing pilot's head. Oh well.

Slicker
07-25-2004, 07:46 PM
This looks awesome. The paint deco is by far the best ever applied to a vehicle thus far. Many kudos Hasbro. It's about time.

aceguide
07-26-2004, 08:32 AM
I'm happy to hear that so many do not like this vehicle - maybe I will be able to score one!

Darth Tornado
07-26-2004, 08:46 AM
I want the NEW HOPE color scheme :( Never got the other one and im not too crazy about this paint job.

Dr Zoltar
07-26-2004, 10:37 AM
I'm not impressed by this new Y-Wing. I have the original, so I may pick this up if it's $20 or less. But it's definately not a must buy for me.

Samuel Windu
07-26-2004, 11:23 AM
Not bad,will get one.What is the name of Y-wing in the box?ROTJ Red Leader?Is it same as the one in Amazon.com?

bigbarada
07-26-2004, 12:35 PM
Ugh....that's hideous! I didn't think that anything could be worse than the green A-Wing we got with the Saga line, but obviously I was wrong.

I'll have to pass on this one. Which means that I'll have to fork out the cash for the POTF2 version. :frus:

Hellboy
08-01-2004, 02:17 PM
So we're getting Red leader with this Y-wing as well as the TRU exclusive X-wing. What a novel idea Hasbro. :rolleyes: Notice the absence of any symbols on either side of his helmet. Looks pretty generic. :p

I guess the SW Insider didn't know what they were talking about when they reported...

Also at Toys 'R' Us, look for the Rebel Alliance's rugged combat craft, the Y-wing starfighter. This OTC exclusive comes with a figure of the ill-fated Gold Leader, Jon "Dutch" Vander.

Knightfall
08-01-2004, 05:25 PM
Well, it's pretty. I'll be able to get one easily if I want it, since my TRU has OTC vehicles like whoa, yet there's not a figure to be seen.

JediTricks
08-01-2004, 08:52 PM
Ugh! How spastic! First Hasbro goes and rips off the Action Fleet "squadron colors" A-Wing making the Green A-Wing last year, and now they're doing this based on the Action Fleet "yellow leader" Y-Wing! And what's with the stupid molded-in droid, why leave THAT hunk of junk the same color as before?!?

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-01-2004, 11:32 PM
For someone who practically camped out at Target only to miss the original, I will have to pick up this one at Toys 'R Us, despite the oddly chosen colors. Does anyone know the retail? $20 for the original was a steal, but something tells me this is going to cost a little bit more.

Slicker
08-02-2004, 11:51 AM
I have the POTJ one but I forget how I got it. I know I never saw it at Target so I'm guessing that I shelled out at least double for it. It looks good though.

TheDarthVader
08-02-2004, 01:40 PM
I missed the target y-wing and it looks like I am going to pass on this one. I don't usually collect vehicles. This color scheme is stupid IMO. The stationary droid is also stupid, and you have to wonder why Hasbro didn't just leave that spot open for a real R2 figure. :confused: I will not be buying this. The only OTC vehicle I am buying is the Falcon.

B.
TDV

Hellboy
08-03-2004, 06:25 PM
Does anyone know the retail? $20 for the original was a steal, but something tells me this is going to cost a little bit more.

According to amazon.com it's going to be $29.99, the same price as Red Leader's X-wing and Vader's TIE.

Veers
08-07-2004, 10:41 AM
That Y Wing looks sweet! Looking forward to that.

Slicker
08-07-2004, 12:32 PM
As I've already said I'll buy this one and not so much for the sculpt but for the displayabiliy factor. These OTC vehicles are probably the best packaged vehicles yet and that makes me happy just thinking about how they'll look when I can finally display all of my stuff again.

Kyle Katarn
08-07-2004, 01:46 PM
I think those colors are great, I can't wait to get this ship but the figure is not so good as the ship.

Dark Marble
08-10-2004, 09:15 AM
I will pick this one up as well. I have the original and the updated version so I guess I will keep this train wreck going. I kind of like the generic pilots the X-wing and the Y-wing are coming with. I need gunners for my snowspeeders and these little guys will do the job.

dindae
08-10-2004, 09:50 AM
I hope they improve the landing gear on this model. On the last one I got the rear landing gear didn't lock. It is kinda sad when the vintage one that I had since I was kid still locks perfectly while my new one is sitting on cinder blocks. :D

kdp100
10-01-2004, 07:25 AM
I hope they improve the landing gear on this model. On the last one I got the rear landing gear didn't lock. It is kinda sad when the vintage one that I had since I was kid still locks perfectly while my new one is sitting on cinder blocks. :D

I had a similar problem with my POTF2 Y-wing a couple of years ago, but I was able to fix it by unscrewing the body and re-aligning the mechanism that controls the landing-gear. It's a fiddly job but I've had no problems with it since.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-01-2004, 05:37 PM
Apparently, now the pilot is the same one that came with the Y-wing in 2000. Which I think is better than the stubby little guy we were going to get. GH has a picture.

Hellboy
10-16-2004, 08:25 PM
I ventured into TRU today and to my surprise they had stocked the new Y-wing so I picked one up. The pictures I've seen don't really do it justice because in person I really like the look of the ship. The silver paint on the mid-section brings out the detail in the body much better than it's yellow counterpart.

The pilot has Red Leader's head with a repainted helmet and the body of the old Y-wing pilot that was released back in the POTF2 line. Not the greatest figure but certainly better than what we got with the TRU exclusive Red Leader X-wing.

So if you're interested in this ship be on the lookout because they're out there.

Turbowars
10-16-2004, 08:27 PM
Where is your location?

Hellboy
10-16-2004, 08:31 PM
Just to the north of you in Portland Oregon. :)

CrunchyNug
10-19-2004, 07:42 PM
I got mine too today in L.A. MUCH better in person. I would highly recommend this to anyone who's into ships.

Reefer Shark
10-20-2004, 08:26 PM
I just got mine in the mail today from Amazon, and I'll agree w/Hellboy & 'Nug - waayyy better in person. :smoker:

JON9000
10-23-2004, 03:51 PM
saw this today at my tru. I agree with those who say it looks better in person. It is a cool ship.

kool-aid killer
10-24-2004, 01:10 PM
I seen one at TRU yesterday but didnt have the money to pick it up. I really liked how it looked, the colors dont look horrible to me. The pilot wasnt too bad either. Im hoping some more pop up because i would hate to miss out on this one.