PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe the REVENGE OF THE SITH T-Shirt only goes to XXLG!!

scruffziller
07-26-2004, 11:14 AM
Who ever was the marketing strategist for this needs their head checked. Aren't they aware that a large population of SW fans are girthier than not. XXLG is pushing for me and granted I have been losing weight but if any shirt needs to have big and tall options it would be SW shirts.:mad:

2-1B
07-26-2004, 11:33 AM
Definitely a dilemma for the thicker fans.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-26-2004, 12:03 PM
Er, I don't know about a large percentage being larger than average. At Celebration I and II, there weren't too many large folks that I remember. Though it does suck for you, I guess. I think extra, extra large is still pretty, well, large. No offense or anything.

Rocketboy
07-26-2004, 12:15 PM
I agree there should be larger ones.
I like my shirts long, and after a washing, 2X just doesn't look like a 2X anymore.

Slicker
07-26-2004, 01:30 PM
You uh huskier people should call the t-shirt company and tell them to make beefier shirts. As for us scrawny folk we have the opposite problem of shirts being too big.

Turbowars
07-26-2004, 08:59 PM
Well that sucks, I'm a 2X myself, so when I asked at the con it wasn't a big deal, but I totally understand the problem. I like my shirts roomy and they really should have made some 3x and longer sleep shirts for the ladies. There are large and tall people in Star Wars too.
:)

Kidhuman
07-26-2004, 09:09 PM
I am an XL man here, but totally understand where you guys are coming from. I buy my stuff big for comfort. I would not have minded a 3 or 4 xl shirt.

stillakid
07-26-2004, 09:56 PM
Maybe it's part of the Beautify America program from Lucasfilm. Instead of whining about not having clothes that are big enough (A XXX isn't big enough :sur: ?), maybe it's time to hit the treadmill, eh? :ermm:

Tonysmo
07-27-2004, 01:51 AM
Maybe it's part of the Beautify America program from Lucasfilm. Instead of whining about not having clothes that are big enough (A XXX isn't big enough :sur: ?), maybe it's time to hit the treadmill, eh? :ermm:

lmao.. just curious, between PMs and email, how much hate mail do you get weekly stilla? :crazed: lol :speech:

scruffziller
07-27-2004, 06:43 AM
Maybe it's part of the Beautify America program from Lucasfilm. Instead of whining about not having clothes that are big enough (A XXX isn't big enough :sur: ?), maybe it's time to hit the treadmill, eh? :ermm:I thought that myself funnily enough and yes that is why I had mentioned in my thread starting post about losing weight and that I have hit the treadmill for almost a year now. And I am hypoglycemic which makes it difficult for weight control. It is a HOT BUTTON issue so it need not be said.:rolleyes: XXX would be nicer for me than XX but it only goes up to XX.

However, in starting this thread just keep in mind of stereotypes are based on a large chunk of fact from somewhere that nobody wants to admit. Three words,
COMIC BOOK GUY.;)

stillakid
07-27-2004, 09:58 AM
lmao.. just curious, between PMs and email, how much hate mail do you get weekly stilla? :crazed: lol :speech:

While it might seem that way, the answer is zero. On the other hand, I myself have been surprised as I'm sure you would be that I get quite a bit of "go Stillakid!"-type responses. Seems I speak for the masses more than anyone would like. Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear... :classic:

bigbarada
07-27-2004, 03:40 PM
I can go with either M or L, but usually buy XL because of shrinkage issues when you wash cotton T-shirts.

Maybe Lucasfilm can sell some iron-on transfers like in the old days, for you girthier Star Wars fans.

Or just start eating at Subway a little more often. :p :D

Exhaust Port
07-27-2004, 04:23 PM
Goods are made to fit the needs of the 98th percentile. If you find yourself in that small remaining 2% then you are screwed. No one can really blame any manufacturer for doing so. Some may argue that American's are getting bigger but what's happening is that Americans are overweight, not larger. The average male is about 5' 9" and if they are clinically overweight they can find themselves weighing about 170-190 lbs. Anyone within that range could easily fit within an XL or XXL.

Comic Book Guy: Yes, finally. I would like to return your quote-unquote ultimate belt.
Salesman: I see, you do have a receipt, quote-unquote, sir?
Comic Book Guy: No, I do not have a receipt. I won it as a prize at the Star Trek convention, although I find their choice of prize highly illogical as the average trekker has no use for a medium size belt.
Salesman: Whoa, whoa, a fat, sarcastic Star trek fan! You must be a devil with the ladies.
Comic Book Guy: Hey, I, uh, de-oh...
Salesman: Gee, I hate to let you down, Casanova, but no receipt, no return.
Bart: I'll give you four bucks for it.
Comic Book Guy: Huuuh. Very Well. I must hurry back to my Comic Book Store where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.

I find myself in the .02 percentile of the US population in height. Talk about being out of the eye of the manufacturer R&D group. Pants that fit or a car with ample room are just about impossible to find. ...and don't recommend the Big & Tall store, the key word there is Big AND Tall. Unless your waist is 40+ inches don't bother walking through those doors.

stillakid
07-27-2004, 10:25 PM
True. I myself am just shy of 6 feet and weigh in between 165 and 170 depending on how tasty El Torito was the night before. :D But I have a longer torso, so when my shirts shrink, they wind up too short. To compensate I have to always get at least an XL in anticipation for shrinkage. :eek:

scruffziller
07-28-2004, 08:37 AM
Goods are made to fit the needs of the 98th percentile.
Right..........I would say that a huge portion of that is people of the proximity of COMIC BOOK GUY.:D........well maybe not......;) Actually I am not as mad about this for myself or anyone else as I sound. I just like exploiting my fellow girthy commrades.

mabudonicus
07-28-2004, 12:31 PM
I am an XL man here..

LMAO for some reason :beard:

Deoxyribonucleic
07-28-2004, 12:54 PM
I find myself in the .02 percentile of the US population in height. Talk about being out of the eye of the manufacturer R&D group. Pants that fit or a car with ample room are just about impossible to find. ...and don't recommend the Big & Tall store, the key word there is Big AND Tall. Unless your waist is 40+ inches don't bother walking through those doors.

After your Simpson's dialogue and your height reference, the first picture that came to mind was that extremely tall man who rode in the really teeeny car that Nelson laughed at on the Simpsons. Is that YOU?? ;)

Dr Zoltar
07-28-2004, 02:18 PM
I stumbled upon the Star Wars polls/survey page the other day and noticed that a question they asked a few weeks ago was "What size T-Shirt do you wear?" Only 2% of the voter said that they were larger than 2XL. This is where they must have gotten their data as to what sizes and how many of each size for the new T-Shirts.

Ji'dai
07-28-2004, 02:21 PM
Maybe it's part of the Beautify America program from Lucasfilm.

If that were true all the SW designs would be on plaid flannels shirts with matching Wrangler jeans. Lucas isn't exactly his svelte self any more either. :D The ranch life is just too good I guess.

scruffziller
07-28-2004, 02:39 PM
I stumbled upon the Star Wars polls/survey page the other day and noticed that a question they asked a few weeks ago was "What size T-Shirt do you wear?" Only 2% of the voter said that they were larger than 2XL. This is where they must have gotten their data as to what sizes and how many of each size for the new T-Shirts.
Okay I'm sold.:)

stillakid
07-28-2004, 05:04 PM
If that were true all the SW designs would be on plaid flannels shirts with matching Wrangler jeans. Lucas isn't exactly his svelte self any more either. :D The ranch life is just too good I guess.

So is it his girth, the plaid, or his cash that attracts Playmates? :sur:

Exhaust Port
07-28-2004, 11:23 PM
After your Simpson's dialogue and your height reference, the first picture that came to mind was that extremely tall man who rode in the really teeeny car that Nelson laughed at on the Simpsons. Is that YOU?? ;)
Damn, you found me out. I watched that episode when it first aired with my roommate at the time and caught hell from him for a while after that.

"Do you find it funny that such a tall man would drive such a small car?" "Even the very tall have the right to own an automobile and this was the largest car I could afford."

:D

2-1B
07-29-2004, 02:48 AM
I think Lucas has been looking much thinner over the past few years. :)

Exhaust Port
07-29-2004, 08:14 AM
He's switched to a more vertical lined plaid. :)

Deoxyribonucleic
07-29-2004, 12:42 PM
He's switched to a more vertical lined plaid. :)

Ya, never where horizontal stripes, even if you're skinny...they do HORRIBLE things to the human form! :eek:

Ji'dai
07-29-2004, 04:20 PM
So is it his girth, the plaid, or his cash that attracts Playmates? :sur:

Oh, chicks dig the :beard:

Dr Zoltar
07-29-2004, 10:42 PM
Oh, chicks dig the :beard:
Word! But I'm sure if I made the kind of money Lucas does I could attract Playmates as well.

stillakid
07-29-2004, 11:39 PM
Word! But I'm sure if I made the kind of money Lucas does I could attract Playmates as well.

I don't know. I'm torn on that one. See, it's okay to be the one making geek films. But it isn't okay to be the one to actually like geek films. That's really a question for Hef's girls, but I'd wager that they'd agree with me. :(