PDA

View Full Version : The Figure that has eluded us...

ROTJLuke
07-26-2004, 02:46 PM
Hasbro, lemme make it short and sweet. We NEED a better Jedi Luke, and Im not talkin about the Tatooine one, cause that one has been done like all hell. Im talking about the Final Duel on the Death Star II. This is what I want.

-Accurate Facial Sculp
-Accurate Costume design (no flap, make it closed like before the emperor got on him)
-New Lightsaber w/ deeper green blade (its not light like on tatooine)
-Neutral Stance w/ NO action features
-Neutral Face Features
-Double Grip Lightsaber ablity
-Articulation
-Accesories(Lightsaber, Binders)

I dont know what you meant at Comic Con by saying you have no plans to release a Jedi Luke at this time with corrected belt, but hell you BETTER do it within the next year or two, cause Im gettin desperate. This is the figure that will MAKE my collection, and Im just DYIN for it. Thanks for readin this if you do.

:)ROTJLuke:)

bigbarada
07-26-2004, 03:08 PM
I wholeheartedly agree. And my brother would agree also, since Luke is his favorite character.

BTW, check out my reply to your post in my "What figures should be released on OTC cards?" thread in the Hasbro OTC section. It seems that there is a really spiffy 12" Jedi Luke being made by Medicom Toys in Japan. I posted some pictures there and I don't want to repost them (being the lazy slob that I am). The bad news is it'll probably cost you over $100 to get ahold of one.

JediTricks
07-27-2004, 01:10 AM
Totally, TOTALLY agree with the sentiment here. This is just ridiculous, this is the OT's main hero in the costume that takes him through the biggest moments of ROTJ and we've still never gotten a decent carded figure of this. How weak!

If you need an excuse to do this Hasbro, do a good Luke Endor - great articulation, neutral pose, no vest, saber hilt removable from belt, new sculpt of Luke's lightsaber (no more POTJ rehash crap), and wrist-cuffs for capture scene.

ROTJLuke
07-27-2004, 06:51 AM
Thats what I was thinking for loose, but I want to have one carded, since that would be the apple of my collection(I have a huge Carded/Noncarded Jedi Luke collection) so with this perfect version of DSII Luke would be a hit along with my 2 Mint Theater Edition lukes, and my brownvested, ringed saber red card luke, etc. So, PLEASE HASBRO, PLEASE MAKE THIS FIGURE. ILL STOP B****ING IF YOU DO IT!!

With love,

ROTJLuke

ROTJLuke
07-27-2004, 06:53 AM
oh but wait? They could call it like Endor Capture or something like that, when he turns himself in! Your a brilliant person, Jedi Tricks! so yea, hasbro do something like that.

B'Omarr Monkey
07-29-2004, 01:04 AM
I'm not a big fan of resculpts, but I will get behind this one as well.

Kyle Katarn
07-29-2004, 06:01 PM
Yeah I agree, Hasbro needs to make a nice figure of Luke, not attacking not jumping, not standing in one hand, just standing with his lightsaber, nad also with a more accurate face, Hasbro always changes Luke's face.

B'Omarr Monkey
07-29-2004, 08:51 PM
Hasbro always changes Luke's face.

Yeah, that's because they still haven't given us a likeness that resembles Mark Hamill. The recent hologram Luke was closest followed by the Dark Empire Luke way back when. The rest of them could be anybody.

JediTricks
07-29-2004, 09:37 PM
I'm still appalled by the Luke Bespin figure that is being repainted for the OTC line, who is that long-faced weirdo and why are we supposed to confuse him with Mark Hamill? It's a nice figure, but I don't think it looks much like Luke at all.

TheDarthVader
08-01-2004, 01:37 PM
Yeah! Have you seen the new OTC Dagobah Luke? What on earth is going on here? His face looks...... WEIRD . I don't recall seeing that expression on Luke's face while he was on Dagobah. Hasbro can't get Luke's face right...that is just a fact.

B.
TDV

B'Omarr Monkey
08-02-2004, 12:47 AM
I have yet to see the OTC Dagobah Luke in person, but based on the pictures, his head looks like it belongs in the Animated Clone Wars line. Maybe this is Manga Luke?

JEDIpartner
08-02-2004, 11:38 AM
I have one... it's not as bad as you think.

ROTJLuke
08-04-2004, 09:44 AM
I wasnt too big of a fan of it however...

bigbarada
08-04-2004, 11:42 AM
The OTC Dagobah Luke is probably my favorite rendition of Luke so far. I know the face is a poor likeness of Mark Hamill, but it doesn't bother me as I think he looks really cool.

My only problem with the figure is that he tends to lean backwards when Yoda is placed on his back.

Jayspawn
08-06-2004, 09:14 AM
Yeah the Mark Hamill likeness kinda stinks, but its a fun toy.

adultstarwarsfreak
09-30-2004, 02:52 PM
I agree, the likeness is off, but the overall toy makes up for it. Good nuetral pose, nice sculpt, and the stand was a good idea. I have accepted the fact that we will never get a perfect reindition of Mark Hamil, but Hasbro can do better. I hate the Jedi Luke that is out now, I mean it was okay at first, only because the throne room figure sucked. Absolutely no knee joints. That, along with his goofy open right hand brought this figure down so much. Knee joints are fine on thicker legs such as the Vintage Vader, but kuke just looks damn crappy. And why have knee joints anyways, these are not g.i. joes who will be kneeling on one knee shooting at the enemy. Even the bespin luke could do with those joints because he was meant to be in one pose, if he wasn't, he would have ankle joints to reposition his feet. MABYE HASBRO NEEDS TO HIRE SOME OF US TO DESIGN THE PRODUCT BEFORE THE SCULPT WOULD TAKE PLACE...GOT THAT HASBRO, I AM AVAILABLE!!!

Slicker
09-30-2004, 03:48 PM
I was thinking that Hasbro should just use Gentle Giants or whoever to scan his likeness but with how aged he looks and the car wreck I think we'd be beggin for the 1977 likeness.

And you have to be kidding me if you don't like the nasty hump-backed Power FX Luke. Sheesh can you never be pleased. ;)

ROTJLuke
10-02-2004, 11:44 AM
Well basically, to get back on topic of this post, I feel that this is the figure that sould be released:

Luke Skywalker (Endor Capture)
-neutral pose
-articulation (bendable knees, ability to hold the lightsaber with two hands)
-acce's (lightsaber(new sculpt for handle) binders)
-Closed flap on tunic
-NO ACTION FEATURES
-kickass figure!

I think that would work, eah?