PDA

View Full Version : Any else happy this line is ending?

evenflow
07-27-2004, 08:53 AM
I am kind of happy that it is ending, maybe now we will get "new" exclusive figures instead.

stillakid
07-27-2004, 10:23 AM
I am kind of happy that it is ending, maybe now we will get "new" exclusive figures instead.

What will they do for the Silver Anniversary of silver figures?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-27-2004, 10:34 AM
Where did you hear this line is ending?

DGFD
07-27-2004, 12:51 PM
To be honest, I would have been a little dissapointed about this line ending if the figures were made at the same level of quality as the toy fair vader was. All the silver figures are now are figures painted a really dull silver/gray. I would definetly rather spend my $10 on the new VOTC line instead of paying for these painted figures. Yes, I would have to say I am happy this line is ending.

bigbarada
07-27-2004, 02:14 PM
I didn't even realize that this was actually a toy line. It just seemed like an excuse to milk more money from fans with bright shiny objects.

plo koon 200
07-27-2004, 02:28 PM
I am glad this line is ending. After the Jorg Sacul Hasbro has promised one Con figure a year so, hears hoping to some great or at least better con figures. I won't even mind some holo figures.

Dr Zoltar
07-27-2004, 05:23 PM
Good riddance to this line! I loved the first 2 metal vac figures, but the rest were only so-so. I did get the first 4, but will pass on the sandtrooper and 2nd Vader. I can spray paint my own figures silver thank you.

plo koon 200
07-27-2004, 07:00 PM
I still wish they would have made a silverish reddish Royal Guard.

Reefer Shark
07-27-2004, 10:06 PM
I'm glad it's ending..

But I have to admit, the red tinted silver metallic Royal Guard would be cool.

stillakid
07-27-2004, 10:17 PM
I didn't even realize that this was actually a toy line. It just seemed like an excuse to milk more money from fans with bright shiny objects.

Good point. Looking back, the plot of these things is weak and the characters are pretty stiff. But the light! :crazed: It's so beaoootifoool! :cool:

jjreason
07-28-2004, 12:54 AM
Yes indeed.

JEDIpartner
07-28-2004, 09:01 AM
Yes. Definitely. It's lost its uniqueness.

dindae
07-28-2004, 11:53 AM
How many years until the gold anniversary? :D

Deoxyribonucleic
07-28-2004, 01:00 PM
Where did you hear this line is ending?

From Tycho in the "Hasbro Q & A" thread.

Um, well I guess so because as an exclusive, they shouldn't have made SO many different ones. IMO, they should have stopped at R2-D2. Once it seemed like the figs were just spray painted (boba, clone and sandtrooper) it seems that even Hasbro itself lost interest in doing these silver figures. I guess we have one more to look forward to though...the TRU Darth Vader. I'm sure that will NOT drive the price down of the Toyfair Vader at all. That guy is definitely one of a kind and always will be. This one that's coming out, a piddly copy at best.

evenflow
07-28-2004, 02:59 PM
Yeah I wanted a vac metal red Royal Guard but the dont do the vac metsal any more any way.

Kidhuman
07-28-2004, 10:28 PM
I will get the Vader only becuase I dont foresee a TF Vader in my near future. But yes, I am happy its over.

Kyle Katarn
07-28-2004, 10:53 PM
I'm not happy but I'm not sad , it's good that this line ended becuase Hasbro was starting to make this line very big and its supposed to be exclusives.

B'Omarr Monkey
07-29-2004, 12:42 AM
Yes. This was about the dumbest line there could be. R2 was fine. It was sort a nice way to celebrate the anniversary and give us collectors a free little thank you for spending all that money on the line, but the others were just ridiculous (okay vader looked pretty good too, but not enough that I ever wanted one). None of the recent ones have enough detail to make the concept work, especially Fett and teh Clone Trooper who just looked flat.

The Clone Trooper also made the problems in distribution between Hasbro and TRU really apparent. TRU didn't have enough new product on their shelves to get anyone to spend the money necessary to get one of the Clone Troopers for free, so they put the Clone Troopers on the pegs at $5.99 each. It was a mess all around. Good riddance.

I say if Hasbro wants to offer us something, then give us on-line exclusives, mail-ins, fan club exclusives, whatever, instead, and make them all new figures. If they could offer us Pote Snitkin, B'Omarr Monk and a Muftak and Kabe 2-pack as exclusives, then they can't say any character is too obscure to gamble the money on making a mold for it. I'd much rather pay to have a n exclusive Yarna d'al'gargan figure than see a silver C-3PO (actually that would be okay), make that a silver X-Wing Pilot for free.

vader121
07-29-2004, 08:25 AM
YES!

They really should have stopped after R2 as these figures have no play value at all to me. They were simply collector items. Remember that these are toys boys and girls.

The only practical silver figure would have been TC14. I never was able to get that figure and a silver C3po/Tc14 would have been useful.

Samuel Windu
07-29-2004, 09:41 AM
YES!

They really should have stopped after R2 as these figures have no play value at all to me.

Agreed and yes I'm happy its ending :D

Dave_Cameron
07-30-2004, 03:20 PM
They should have stuck with the iconic characters like Vader, Artoo, Fett and left it at that. They went too far with this line. The fact they didn't vac-metalize the last couple figures shows that they were just tossing these out.

TheDarthVader
07-31-2004, 02:43 PM
Yeah, why a clonetrooper? Why a sandtrooper? They could have done the royal guard, and I would have drooled at that figure for years! The red royal guards are my favorite costume characters. I am going to have to get the new Vader because I love Vader...must have this new one! :D I already have the TF Vader...paid a pretty penny for it, but he's my favorite character. I am neither sad nor glad that this line is ending.

mastermatt24
08-01-2004, 02:17 PM
No. I kinda liked it besdies the fact that I never got a Toy Fair Vader. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: The last one I needed too..... :cry:
Anyone have an extra they want to sell/trade?????

jedi-cpa
08-11-2004, 12:19 PM
YES!!!

Thank goodness.

Just got my Sandtrooper, the 2nd vader should be cake to get and the Chrome vader...well, one day I'll treat myself...but $150-$200 for a piece of plastic...ugh!

Hellboy
08-11-2004, 08:53 PM
Well when you consider that these were originally intended to commemorate the silver anniversary of Star Wars 1977-2002 they should've stopped at years end with Artoo. If they wanted to continue to do something similar beyond that they should've gone with something different, maybe along the lines of a metallic red Royal Guard or metallic black Emperor.

So yes I'm glad the run is ending but I already think by continuing it past 02' Hasbro has diminished the relevance of their original intention to offer something special in honor of 25 years of SW.

This new Vader is totally unnecessary too. :rolleyes: