PDA

View Full Version : Basic Figures at Dollar General

tgr3328
07-27-2004, 02:36 PM
I went to the local Dollar General store today. They had about of the ten Mynock Hunt Chewbacca priced at $2 each. I bought one and plan to go back later and see if they've gotten in other figures.

For those of you with a Dollar General near by, this might be a good way to fill in some holes in your collection or build your army, depending on the figures they get in.

plo koon 200
07-27-2004, 03:29 PM
Here's hoping to SA Clone Trooper.

Ji'dai
07-28-2004, 06:21 PM
The Family Dollar stores here have '02 SAGA figures for $2 - Chewie with light-up 3PO, Endor Ambush Han, Obi-Wan soft goods, Jango Final Battle. Hopefully I'll see some '03 figures there, need to find some doubles.

Lazer Brain
07-28-2004, 08:08 PM
cool , guys. like i said on another post , my friends and i have found clone wars figures there too...mostly obi-1's
later

Kidhuman
07-28-2004, 11:25 PM
Here's hoping to SA Clone Trooper.

Hoping is an understatement

mastermatt24
07-29-2004, 12:14 AM
No Dollar Generals that I no of in California.... :cry:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-29-2004, 01:05 AM
Cool, that is good news. Especially for someone who has a Dollar General 1/2 mile away from home.

I missed out on a lot of '03 figures, buying only the unique ones. Maybe may collection holes will be plugged when I make a few visits.

On a related note, my local Rite Aid put a SaeSee Tiin up to sell which tells me they have a stash of figures somewhere in the store, because I have visited a couple of times, and the racks seem replenished after someone has bought a figure. I just hope that a SA clone hasn't been one of them that has been put out yet.

BoShek
07-29-2004, 10:13 PM
Family Dollar (similar to Dollar General) usually gets left over KB stuff and that's what Star Wars figures mine had.

Battle Droid
07-30-2004, 04:59 AM
Checked my Dollar General, all they had was one Force Flipping Obi-Wan for $2.00. :(

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-02-2004, 12:56 AM
So far I've been to the two Dollar Generals in my city frequently, and I can't see any sign of any Saga figures. :( The only Star Wars products they have are Episode 1 foam blasters.

I did see the Deluxe figures in the past. I did pick up the missing voids in my Deluxe collection there (and nicely priced too :greedy: ) but strangely enough, I checked in the store one day and discovered that they were empty, after having seen about 10 or so figures previously. I then hit the other area DGs and all the Deluxes were gone too. Someone went on a binge.

Just hoping that I see more soon. What part of the country do you live in tgr?

Kidhuman
08-02-2004, 08:56 AM
I checked the other day, found nothing. Hopefully they get some this week. I need that CHewie Mynock Hunt. IF anyone sees him or the Emperor, LMK. Those are the last of the Saga figures that I need/want.

tgr3328
08-09-2004, 11:22 AM
So far I've been to the two Dollar Generals in my city frequently, and I can't see any sign of any Saga figures. :( The only Star Wars products they have are Episode 1 foam blasters.

I did see the Deluxe figures in the past. I did pick up the missing voids in my Deluxe collection there (and nicely priced too :greedy: ) but strangely enough, I checked in the store one day and discovered that they were empty, after having seen about 10 or so figures previously. I then hit the other area DGs and all the Deluxes were gone too. Someone went on a binge.

Just hoping that I see more soon. What part of the country do you live in tgr?

I live in Texas in the North Houston Area.

tgr3328
08-09-2004, 11:26 AM
I checked the other day, found nothing. Hopefully they get some this week. I need that CHewie Mynock Hunt. IF anyone sees him or the Emperor, LMK. Those are the last of the Saga figures that I need/want.

I am going to check back in a day or two. I'll let you know what I find. Since they had ten Chewies, there should be at least one of those on a good card. I'll pick it up for you. You are a carded collector, right?

Kidhuman
08-09-2004, 09:33 PM
Yes carded collector. Good looking out bro.

tgr3328
08-16-2004, 03:04 PM
KH, I've got a Chewbacca if you are interested. Check your PM.

Kidhuman
08-18-2004, 09:27 AM
Thanks man, I deleted your PM by accidnet. I have been so busy at work the last few days and such, with the hurricane and all, they had us on 10 hour days. I will get back to you in a few days bud. Sorry for the delay.

mastermatt24
08-18-2004, 05:47 PM
I have been so busy at work the last few days and such, with the hurricane and all, they had us on 10 hour days.
Where do you work?

Kidhuman
08-18-2004, 09:44 PM
Tech Support for Dish Network. FOr some reason they think people have nothing more important than watching TV in a time of disaster. :confused:

mastermatt24
08-19-2004, 12:23 AM
Are you in Flordia? (I forget things..)

Kidhuman
08-19-2004, 07:48 AM
I am in Va.

tgr3328
08-19-2004, 05:00 PM
I went back today and they had twelve Boba Fett Pit of Carkoon. Its 12 basic figures to a case, right? Hasbro must be packing up cases of figures, one kind per case, and selling them to discount retailers like Dollar General.

Maybe I'll get lucky and find twelve Ephont Mon or twelve SA Clone Troopers on my next visit.

Kyle Katarn
08-19-2004, 07:28 PM
I got some figures there, but they were very few; anyways, that was a great deal.