PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Insider

plo koon 200
07-29-2004, 11:32 AM
I don't know what thread to put this in, so mods, move as you please.

Today I got two copies of the Insider which was the same one I got a week and a half ago. So, they mailed me three copies of the same Insider. Weird. Did this happen to anyone else?

Samuel Windu
07-29-2004, 11:38 AM
Congrats :D

dr_evazan22
07-30-2004, 06:32 PM
Back in Dec I got 2 copies of the same ish. When the next ish came out I didn't get one. I ended up calling to find out what happened shortly before the next ish came. I think what happened was they had mailing labels printed up and accidentally sent me 2 of the same.

You may want to call and let them know. They will tell you to keep them, but it could prevent a mess with recieving the Sept ish.

What did you think of the new Insider? I thought the old one was good /very good. I didn't like that they changed some of the dept names (Rebel Rumblings -> Comlink and others). My thoughts are its not broken so don't fix it. Also didn't like the Bantha Tracks at the front before the E3 Update.

plo koon 200
07-31-2004, 12:31 PM
Well, it is a tad bit different. But I didn't care too much.

Knightfall
08-01-2004, 06:02 PM
I got two of that issue myself. I'll give the extra one to my gf, since I've infected her with Star Wars fandom.:p

Bel-Cam Jos
08-02-2004, 03:06 PM
While I've had 2 sent to me before, I've never had 3 of the same issue. I called (or emailed, I forget) them to make sure it didn't count against the number of issues I was supposed to receive. I'd suggest doing that, especially considering that a subscription is only 6 now.

Originally posted by dr_evazan22
What did you think of the new Insider? I thought the old one was good /very good. I didn't like that they changed some of the dept names (Rebel Rumblings -> Comlink and others). My thoughts are its not broken so don't fix it. Also didn't like the Bantha Tracks at the front before the E3 Update.
I'm just tired of all the changes. Pick a company and stick with it. I like the graphics, and the new section titles are fine. But since I have only receieved the last 2 issues out of pity (I let my subscription lapse once they didn't give me notice that it was ending, so I figured that they didn't care about me much), I can't really complain. I don't care about Hyperspace and I usually got the longer subscriptions that saved you money over just a yearly one, so forty bucks for 6 magazines is more than if I just buy them off the newsstand.

Droid
08-02-2004, 03:20 PM
I got two of the last issue also. Perhaps it is to celebrate the Clone Wars.

mastermatt24
08-05-2004, 12:32 PM
I dont know.. I think Insider is goin downhill fast.. :( I could care less about the "TOP TEN MOMENTS" in SW. I think Lucas really messed the magazine up. Ex. : I was really ticked that there wasnt bantha tracks... until I finally found out that it wasnt in the back anymore, its in the front! :mad: They cut the number of issues a year (I asked sansweet why they cut the number and he said " its to hard to get that many issues out a year" yea right.. what a bunch of BS). I dont know about Sansweet either.. did anyone notice in "comlink" (it think thats what its called) how that person asked about the smeared bogwings value, and how rude (I thought) his answer was?? :eek: IDK about insider anymore... Im not loving it.. :neutral:

InsaneJediGirl
08-14-2004, 07:52 PM
I got 2 issues for the last one.It was really stupid,but hey,I'm not going to complain.

I just started getting the SWI after not having it for 9+ months.When do the fan clib kits arrive?I'd call but I cant seem to find a phone number.(probably right in front of me) :)