PDA

View Full Version : Episode 3 Action Fleet?

Grif
07-29-2004, 02:55 PM
Just wondering if anyone has heard if their will be any AF for the Episode 3 release. After Hasbro screwed up the AF series twice I was wondering if Hasbro has released any info lately. I'm sure if they do bring out some new ones they will start with five or six remakes of classic vehicles. Probably another tie fighter and x-wing then wonder why no one is buying them. If there is any news please let me know.

sicqnus
07-29-2004, 03:55 PM
Hasbro reps said during Comic-Con "while the Action Fleet" is one of our preferred lines, nothing has been planned for 2005...".

Glitch
07-30-2004, 01:00 AM

Sadly, this is true. :(

Grif
07-30-2004, 10:31 AM
So basically the Action Fleet line is dead. That sucks.

yorkie
07-30-2004, 11:24 AM
Yep, looks as dead as the dodo. But there may be hope on the horizon with Joyride studios Cylon Raider and Viper from Battlestar Galactica. They even have mini-figures. If they sell enough who knows what else they may bring out?

http://www.action-figure.com/Article12400.html

Jangu Fett
07-30-2004, 11:42 AM
To bad the AF is dead I'd love to have both the Ep2 & 3 Jedi Starfighter. With Mini-Figures. But that's not going to happen. Maybe in 2006? Rumors are going around that the micro machines will be back next year. Thats something at lest, right :nerv:

Jangu Fett
07-30-2004, 11:52 AM
I just read something I hope is true. Hasbro is thinking about remaking vintage Kenner toys. And one of the top lines on their list is suppost to be the MIcro Collection.

Hasbro may mix it up, the large modular playsets, with AF movable figures. and Af scale fighters, maybe with that cool brake apart action. And maybe even larger ships, like the vintage MC Millenium Falcon. Let's all prey, Hasbro does go through with this plan.

Hasbro has never came out and said that the Af is dead :D . This could be a good thing, Hasbro did say it is looking into REMAKING the AF. Keep your fingers crossed.

Samuel Windu
07-30-2004, 02:46 PM
AF is not dead yet but no plan to do anything in 2005.Like Hasbro said before,everything is possible.

Kyle Katarn
07-30-2004, 04:28 PM
Hasbro should release a new serie of Episode III, those figures were very detailed and cool. And it would be nice if they make some for the OTC.

britcit3
07-31-2004, 03:37 AM
Can you believe that Hasbro ignore our great toy line that everybody wants to come back in favour of bloody awful lines like the hugely unplayable-with Unleashed line that seems to go straight toi discount stores (at least in the UK).

Hasbro really **** me off.

BC3

Jangu Fett
07-31-2004, 08:10 PM
Personally, I hate the Unleashed fgures. I was going to get a couple but thought better of wasting my money.

I didn't think the line is doing so well here in the States either.

I thought Hasbro was a TOY company? Why are they wasting money making display pieces, that kids really would not find interesting? I mean the Action Fleet they released was more for displays then toys.

sicqnus
08-03-2004, 09:32 PM
I wonder what have been planned for the kids and adult vehicles lovers who don't want to spend $200 or $300 each time they can afford to buy a new piece for their collection ? Nothing at all maybe*.
And yet I thought they were the "backbone" of the collector market (I mean those who aren't billionnaires)...

*except the unavoidable, inescapable, infamous 3,3/4" line...

Innovation Time for Hasbro. (http://www.hoover.com/)