PDA

View Full Version : Will OTC figures become easier to find?

Uriarte69
07-29-2004, 06:08 PM
Does anyone know if the OTC figures will be plentiful like most other star wars lines? Or are they limited. I want the dagobah wave, but I'm not sure if I should pay internet prices, or if I wait, find them at Walmart. Went hunting to 6 stores the other day and only found OTC Han. Thanks for any advice...

Ji'dai
07-29-2004, 07:08 PM
I hope so! I go hunting pretty frequently and hit several area stores weekly but my OTC finds have been meager so far. I did get the Dagobah wave except for Kenobi. OTC figures seem to fly off the pegs here.

With the exception of the VOTC, which I pre-ordered, I'm holding off ordering OTC figs online since they are mostly re-releases and it's still early in the line's release. I'm betting the figures will be easier to find as retail stores gear up for the important holiday season and more shelf space is allotted to toys. The Super Wal-Mart here only has 4 pegs for SW figures now; I'm hoping they will expand it to accomodate more figures.

Kidhuman
07-29-2004, 08:32 PM
I do believe that in the Comic-Con Q&A thread, Hasbro said that will will show up a plenty during the release time of the DVD's.

B'Omarr Monkey
07-29-2004, 09:40 PM
I hit 2 Targets, 2 Meijers, 1 TRU, 1 Wal-Mart today and found no OTC figures whatsoever. I did find quite a few Ben Kenobi and Han Solo VOTC figures at one of the Targets, a few more of the same at the other Target, where I also found 1 VOTC Leia which I snapped up. Meijers and TRU did not even have space for them. TRU Did have both TIEs, the X-Wing, lightsabers and the 1st Jedi High Council set in the OTC collection. One Target had the Millennium Falcon and an X-Wing. Both Targets had the 12" Luke. Meijer had nothing new whatsoever.

I have not found any OTC figures yet, and still have not seen the VOTC Luke, though I'm not panicking yet, either. As stated it's still plenty early. Most of the stores I visited are still sporting HOF and Yavin wave (and earlier such as the Padawan 2-packs) on their pegs, and if those haven't moved by now, they probably won't until the management decides to pull them and replace them with the DVD tie in figures.

I did notice that the Clone Wars animated style figures are completely gone from the pegs. Whether they were pulled or clearanced, I don't know. The change happened while I was away on vacation.

Dr Zoltar
07-29-2004, 11:20 PM
Out of 5 Wal-Marts, 3 Targets, 3 TRU's, and 4 K-Marts near where I live, only 2 Wal-Marts have had OTC figs. And at one Wal-Mart they only had 4 pegs mixed with Saga and OTC (but more figures were in the back). 1 TRU and 1 K-Mart had the VOTC figures, but the TRU sold out in 2 hours and the ones at K-Mart looked like they had all been stepped on. I'm wondering if some of these stores are keeping the figs in back to be brought out closer to the DVD release date.

Samuel Windu
07-30-2004, 11:31 AM
Han,Chewbacca,Dagobah Luke,Dagobah Yoda,Repack Obi-Wan,Bespin Leia,Bespin Lobot & Repack Bossk are easy to find here.

jedi master sal
07-30-2004, 12:07 PM
OTC is very hard to come by here in Pittsburgh.

I visit 18 unique store locations each week (sometimes more depending how far out from my home I go), some of those 2-3 times a week. Were it not for a friend who works at Target (and is a collector himself) I wouldn't have any OTC figs. Well I might have Han and Chewie, because that's all I've seen here on the pegs. Only one of each to boot. All of the rest of the collectors here in the 'Burgh haven't found much. (Or arent' saying which could be the case)

I sure hope that they become plentyful around the time of the DVD's. They don't need to be clogging up the peg's but enough so that on any given day at any store you can find a few you need.

bigbarada
07-30-2004, 12:10 PM
It seems that most people are finding the vehicles and VOTC figures pretty easily, but the OTC figures are pretty scarce.

Over here, it's just the opposite, we have clogged shelves of OTC figures, but not a VOTC figure or vehicle in sight.

Lobot, Bespin Leia and the Cloud Car Pilot are already starting to warm pegs.