PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question about OTC Clamshells

pinoysith
07-30-2004, 04:28 PM
Ok, I haven't been up to speed about the OTC line. The last time I was serious about collecting was sometime last year during the Saga collection, and only then I was only getting the AOTC figures.

But recently, I picked up three figs from the OTC line at Wal-Mart: Han Solo, Princess Leia, and Kenobi. I was pretty stoked to find them. These all had clamshell cases.

My question is, "Will all of the OTC figs come in clamshell cases, or is just for this first wave?"

BTW, which wave of the OTC is currently out now?

P

jedi master sal
07-30-2004, 04:39 PM
All of the ones that we refere to as the VOTC will be in clamshells. This is only 12 figures. You can tell the difference not only by the clamshell but buy the picture on the card. The VOTC look almost exactly like the vintage cards and the regular OTC have a FULL bubble going across the card and newer photos as backgrounds (not to mention they do not come with the clamshell).

-Sal

Kidhuman
07-30-2004, 05:05 PM
The only figures out now from VOTC are Luke, Leia, Han and Ben. The rest will be hitting shortly.

TheDarthVader
07-30-2004, 05:57 PM
All of the VOTC figures include:

ANH
Luke Skywalker

ESB
C-3PO

ROTJ
Chewbacca

All of these figures commemorate the vintage style "old school" cards. There will be only 12 figures offered (supposedly). Good luck! I have found the first wave, like you, ben, han and leia. Luke will come later I suppose.

B.
TDV

pinoysith
07-30-2004, 07:14 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the clarification between the VOTC and the OTC. It's actually been a while since I have seen anything new in the stores. Then all of the sudden, these VOTC cards jumped out at me and I was pretty pumped.

Have the ESB and ROTJ VOTC figs come out yet? If not, then when?

Kidhuman
07-30-2004, 07:39 PM
They havent come out yet, Preorder cases on EE's site have them slated for August and September.

Samuel Windu
07-31-2004, 06:16 AM
Vader & Yoda out now here.No Lando & C-3PO though.

Ji'dai
09-09-2006, 07:56 AM
Another stupid question:

Will the VOTC clamshells accomodate vintage cards? I've got a couple unpunched DROIDS figures I'd like to protect and I know I've got extra VOTC clamshells in storage. But before I dig 'em out, I thought I'd ask and see if anyone has used them to store vintage MOC.

Kidhuman
09-09-2006, 08:14 AM
I would assume they will fit because its the same sized cards right&?

Thunderbird
09-09-2006, 01:48 PM
Another stupid question:

Will the VOTC clamshells accomodate vintage cards? I've got a couple unpunched DROIDS figures I'd like to protect and I know I've got extra VOTC clamshells in storage. But before I dig 'em out, I thought I'd ask and see if anyone has used them to store vintage MOC.

Most of them should fit. I put the few I had in them and all but one fit, the bubble was different on he bottom.

Darth Jax
09-09-2006, 06:10 PM
Another stupid question:

as we always said while heckling from the back of class - there are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

in no way is that an attack on your intelligence, i just couldn't resist.

Ji'dai
09-12-2006, 02:47 PM
I dug out a couple VOTC clamshells and was able to fit my carded DROIDs figures into them so I assume most other vintage figs would fit as well.