PDA

View Full Version : Napoleon Dynamite

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-31-2004, 12:19 PM
I saw this film about a month ago, but since it's now in nationwide release I thought I'd make a thread about it.

This is probably the funniest, weirdest movie I've ever seen. It's about a weird kid and his family and friends and all the strange things they do. I'm sure everyone has heard about it but you have to go see it, it's really great! I laughed my *** off constantly! You have to realize before you see it, it's not normal at all so don't expect it to be. Then you'll enjoy it more.

Grade: A+

mrpauldeeds
07-31-2004, 01:00 PM
I saw this movie to about a month ago. It was a really funny movie. Napelean make you laugh with just looking at him. But it doesnt really have a plot. It just random things going on that are funny. It is very original, and the begining credits are really cool how they set it up. See this movie if you want to be entertained, dont see it if you dont like movies with no point.

My Grade: B

Anyone gunna see the new release with the new scenes?

Exhaust Port
08-01-2004, 10:07 PM
I've been seeing the commercials for this for about 2 weeks now and it got me interested even though they do nothing to explain the movie/plot or anything else. Thanks for the reviews guys, I think I'll try and see it now.

kool-aid killer
08-02-2004, 12:59 PM
I mentioned this movie around some of my friends and cousins and all labeled it as "stupid looking" so im probably going to have to see this one on my own. It looks funny, a kid (who in his own world is all that and a bag of chips) and how he goes about life where most others dont see him the same way he sees himself. Plot wise i would say there isnt much of one, just him and how he goes about life. I will most likely wait for it to hit a local dollar theather, so it could be a few short weeks before i finally get to see it.

scruffziller
08-04-2004, 03:25 PM
From the gist that I got it seems to me that everyone sees him as a nerd(in which he is) but he thinks he is just the shiznit. If that is true, I HAVE to see this movie.:D

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-17-2004, 09:30 AM
Anyone seen this? Its one of the funniest movies Ive seen in a long time........

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-18-2004, 11:59 AM
Yep, there's actually a thread about this from a few months ago, it's a few pages back.

Since this will probably be merged, does anyone know when it'll be out on DVD? I just saw an ad in the paper that said it's been in theaters for 4 months! Hurry up and take it out so we can get the DVD!

Kyle Katarn
09-18-2004, 01:25 PM
I've seen some cutscenes of this film and it seems to be very funny, I want to see it.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-10-2004, 11:35 PM
I finally saw this last night and it's HYSTERICAL. It's by far one of the funniest movies i have ever seen. It's not really like any sort of way to pinpoint what makes it funny, but a lot of it relys on how the lines are delivered by Jon Heder, the dude who plays Napoleon. We've been quoting him all day and still laugh our cans off. It's been said, but there isn't much of a plot. I mean, you get from a point A to point B and there are character developments, but if you're looking for some star wars-esque saga, buy a ticket for something else. Also, i stayed after the credits and saw the bonus scene, which had the entire theater laughing. Great flick! check it out!! :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-06-2004, 05:28 PM
Finally, the DVD will be released on December 21. This movie is still in theaters, and it has been too long, and probably still will be when it comes out!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005JNBQ/qid=1099783592/sr=8-2/ref=pd_csp_2/102-8939562-3638525?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

Sweet!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-21-2004, 11:02 PM
I picked up the DVD last night and watched part of the flick, though i haven't dillied with hte special features yet. Also, did anybody else see "Napoleon" deliver the top ten list tonight on Letterman? It was great. He came out in his full garb: blue horses shirt, glasses, that stare, the boots and the long hair, which is much darker now. He added several "sweet!" and "Gosh!" and then ran off stage in his usual demeanor. It'll prolly be the only time i watch Letterman for another year or so. :crazed:

Rocketboy
12-22-2004, 05:17 PM
I did something I rarely do and bought a movie without having seen it first.
And I was not disappointed! Hilarious!

Even as I was laughing pretty hard while watching it alone, it really seems like one of those movies that almost needs to be seen with 3 or more people.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-22-2004, 07:25 PM
I got it yesterday and will probably watch it tonight. I can't wait!

Seeing him on Letterman was a great surprise too! I was laughing my *ss off the whole time! "Lord of the Rings rules!"

scruffziller
12-30-2004, 02:26 PM
Man no kidding!!!!!!!!!:D Absolutely hysterical!!!!!

MY LIPS HURT REALLY BAD!!!!!!!!!:D

What are you going to do today Napolean?
Whatever I feel like, GOSH!!!!:D

Man check out this photo of John Heder un-Napoleanified!!!!!! Can't even tell it's the same guy!!!!

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/2526/JohnHeder_Micks_3194132_400.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Heder,%20Jon

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-30-2004, 05:01 PM
Gosh! Don't even say the flippin' lines if you're not gonna get 'em right! ;) :D
"But my lips hurt real bad!"
"Whatever I feel like I wanna do, gosh!"
Not trying to bust your chops or anything, just trying to be accurate. :D

I don't like how the DVD is dual-sided, that bugs me to no end. Anyway, the movie was still great, and the extras are cool. That "Peluca" wasn't nearly as good as the real movie, but it was interesting to see how it evolved. I'm glad they cut some of those scenes, but the kickball one was hilarious!

Slicker
01-09-2005, 10:37 PM
I FINALLY saw this movie tonight and this is one of the funniest, most quotable movies that I've ever seen. He's such a damn dullard and love how his expression never changes throughout the whole movie.

The best part is when he gets hit in the head with the steak by Uncle Rico. I can't wait to get home so I can spout off some stupid lines.

Kidhuman
01-09-2005, 10:55 PM
Yeah, I watched this Tuesday night and it was damn funny. I was laughing through-out the entire movie. Pedro killed me....I'll build her a cake.

Rocketboy
01-10-2005, 12:22 AM
Anyone been able to figure out when this movie takes place? The 80's, 90's, Now, or some odd unknown time?

The clothing styles are totally 80s.
Cassette tapes (1980's to early 90's mainly)
Kip is online (mostly 1990's and on), but has the big old school floppy discs (1980's).
Uncle Rico wants to go back to 1982, but he looks in his late 30's.
Kip has rollerblades, which were around in the 80's, but not popular until the 90's.

Slicker
01-10-2005, 12:24 AM
That was throwing me off too. It seemed to span about 20 years in all of the fashions and habits. The side ponytail was the best.

I want to go to the day when wearing snowboots in the middle of summer is cool. I also want to go to day when you can wear a cape and get away with it. Lando is so cool.

Kidhuman
01-10-2005, 08:39 AM
I htink it was at the earliest late 90's. was trying to figure it out. I was using Rico as a reference as well to judge. He wants to go to 1982 to play in a high school football. He is in his late 30's, so therefore add about 20 years and it puts it around 1998-2002(4 years in High School).

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-10-2005, 12:19 PM
Very true< BUT did anyone notice as the "Happy Hands Club" was doing Summers skit / dance, they were dancing to Larger Than Life, by the Backstreet Boys, or maybe it was NSYNC. I dont know who it was, but its still a relativly recent song, right?

Rocketboy
01-10-2005, 12:30 PM
The BSB song - I knew there was another one I was missing!

Kidhuman
01-10-2005, 08:32 PM
Very true< BUT did anyone notice as the "Happy Hands Club" was doing Summers skit / dance, they were dancing to Larger Than Life, by the Backstreet Boys, or maybe it was NSYNC. I dont know who it was, but its still a relativly recent song, right?

BUt they also sang we will rock you in a knights tale.

CaptainSolo1138
01-11-2005, 03:34 PM
BUt they also sang we will rock you in a knights tale.
Since you're the only person to ever see that movie, referencing it isn't fair! :D
Thanks to Rocketboy for letting me borrow his Napoleon Dynamite DVD. My wife and I haven't both liked the same movie in a loooooong time. I needs me some bo staff skills.

Rocketboy
01-11-2005, 06:38 PM
Thanks to Rocketboy for letting me borrow his Napoleon Dynamite DVD. My wife and I haven't both liked the same movie in a loooooong time. I needs me some bo staff skills.Napoleon Dynamite - the movie that brings couples closer.

I think my fiance loves that movie more than I do. She's had my copy longer than I have. And that isn't even her kind of movie.

Kidhuman
01-11-2005, 07:34 PM
Anyone been able to figure out when this movie takes place? The 80's, 90's, Now, or some odd unknown time?

The clothing styles are totally 80s.
Cassette tapes (1980's to early 90's mainly)
Kip is online (mostly 1990's and on), but has the big old school floppy discs (1980's).
Uncle Rico wants to go back to 1982, but he looks in his late 30's.
Kip has rollerblades, which were around in the 80's, but not popular until the 90's.

One other thng you forgot...

Uncle Rico asks the couple buying the tupperware" How they like the dealio"

Since you're the only person to ever see that movie, referencing it isn't fair! :D
Thanks to Rocketboy for letting me borrow his Napoleon Dynamite DVD. My wife and I haven't both liked the same movie in a loooooong time. I needs me some bo staff skills.

I never saw Knights Tale, just remember the stupid commercial and was like How???Why????

My wife watched last night and she was laughing hard. It is a great movie. Time to change the 'tar.

Turbowars
01-11-2005, 08:25 PM
Finally saw this plotless wonder over the weekend. It has it's moments, I'm not saying I didn't like it, because I did, but was kind of let down from all the hype. My wife loves it's.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-12-2005, 03:25 PM
I am glad to see that others are following in the trend that Jabbajohn and myself started with the ND icons! good work, kids!

Also, did y'all watch the deleted scenes? The one with the kickball made me laugh until i was crying and my chest hurt. The extended scene at the goodwill store was hysterical too. :)

Rocketboy
01-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Yeah, it's too bad they weren't left in. It wouldn't have made the movie that much longer.

Kidhuman
01-14-2005, 09:37 AM
I am glad to see that others are following in the trend that Jabbajohn and myself started with the ND icons! good work, kids!

Also, did y'all watch the deleted scenes? The one with the kickball made me laugh until i was crying and my chest hurt. The extended scene at the goodwill store was hysterical too. :)

Pedro is too sweet to pass up for the ND tars.

I watched the deleted scenes this morning and they killed me. Don sounded like a little b**ch when he got slapped.

Edit: Just found some sound bites on line. This is one of the best lines in the movie. I have a bunch more if anyone wnats them.

Slicker
01-14-2005, 12:36 PM
I love the plain classics. Flippin' sweet.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-14-2005, 04:13 PM
could you guys PM me where you found those sound clips? i need a site with good quality sound bites from the flick. gracias!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-14-2005, 06:21 PM
http://www2.foxsearchlight.com/napoleondynamite/epk/index.php

I think they're from here.

Dang . . . a few weeks after I get rid of my Napoleon avatar, everyone gets back in the habit. Looks like I'm gonna have to get another Napoleon tar - I don't go back to an old avatar! ;) :D

Slicker
01-14-2005, 06:26 PM
I actually downloaded a ton of em off of Limewire the other night. Most are only 1 or 2 seconds long but nonetheless good.

Rocketboy
01-14-2005, 08:44 PM
My new ringtone on my cell is:
*RING* "Hello? Frickin' idiot!"

Kidhuman
01-14-2005, 09:49 PM
JJL is right. If you play those games, I think the one with the quotes and you get them right, it lets you download like 60 of them between the three quote games.

Slicker
01-20-2005, 01:37 PM
Has anyone else watched the rest of the movie after the credits. It's the Kip Dynamite and LaFawnduh Lucas wedding. If you haven't already watched it do so post haste.

I tamed you this wild honeymoon stallion.

Rocketboy
01-20-2005, 02:57 PM
I love Kip's song.

Kidhuman
01-20-2005, 08:02 PM
Has anyone else watched the rest of the movie after the credits. It's the Kip Dynamite and LaFawnduh Lucas wedding. If you haven't already watched it do so post haste.

I tamed you this wild honeymoon stallion.

It was hilarious.

CaptainSolo1138
01-25-2005, 01:06 PM
Today, thanks to Slicker, I can't get "You're Mom goes to college" out of my head. People are probably wondering why I laugh to myself every five minutes or so.

2-1B
02-02-2005, 08:29 PM
Man check out this photo of John Heder un-Napoleanified!!!!!! Can't even tell it's the same guy!!!!

I strongly disagree. I haven't even seen this movie yet but when I saw a pic of Heder in a magazine, sans nerd makeup, I instantly recognized him from the previews.

I mean, look at the dude's mouth for crying out loud ! ;)

Slicker
02-03-2005, 05:58 PM
The mouth is the only dead give away though. The hair throws you off. You just can't get over the curly honkie 'fro.

2-1B
02-03-2005, 06:54 PM
If the hair throws "you" off, then how can the mouth be a dead giveaway ? :D

Slicker
02-03-2005, 07:12 PM
Bah!!! Let's try this again. The mouth is the only similiarity between Napoleon and John. There we go, that's what I meant to say.:)

Rocketboy
02-03-2005, 09:04 PM
John Heder (Napoleon) was on Leno last night promoting the DVD. The only way you could tell it was him was by his mouth.
As for his hair in the movie - that was all him. They permed it.

2-1B
02-03-2005, 09:37 PM
Bah!!! Let's try this again. The mouth is the only similiarity between Napoleon and John. There we go, that's what I meant to say.:)

No worries Slickster. :D

I will be giving this movie a viewing very soon, at first I was wary of it but I'm going to give it a chance.

Slicker
02-04-2005, 01:47 PM
Here's Napoleon doing the Top 10 on Letterman. Quite funny. http://www.milkandcookies.com/links/24858/

A perm you say. Hmmmm.....I wonder if there are any regulations against perms in the Navy.

Rocketboy
02-04-2005, 09:32 PM
A perm you say. Hmmmm.....I wonder if there are any regulations against perms in the Navy.Probably has the same regulations as a mullet.

CaptainSolo1138
02-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Watched this movie again last nite. I laughed twice as hard, but I'm not entirely sure he "got it". Oh, well. His loss. :D

scruffziller
02-06-2005, 04:49 AM
Here's Napoleon doing the Top 10 on Letterman. Quite funny. http://www.milkandcookies.com/links/24858/

Man that was flippin' hilarious!!!!!!

Slicker
02-06-2005, 01:28 PM
How he can keep a straight face is beyond me. The instant I saw him in this clip I totally lost it yet he managed to stay completely in character.

Lord of the Rings action figures: 50
Friends: 0

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-06-2005, 01:40 PM
How he can keep a straight face is beyond me. The instant I saw him in this clip I totally lost it yet he managed to stay completely in character.

Lord of the Rings action figures: 50
Friends: 0
"Lord of the Rings rules!" :D

2-1B
06-24-2005, 02:20 AM
I will be giving this movie a viewing very soon, at first I was wary of it but I'm going to give it a chance.

Four and a half months later . . . I finally saw it. :)

I don't know what all the hype was about, it wasn't really that funny.

Napolean had some good moments but I found him to be more annoying than not. There were a handful of times that he cracked me up but not enough times. That dance was cool, I'll give him that. And the part about Lions and Tigers being bred for their magical powers, that was cool.

Pedro was pretty cool. I'd vote for him.

Kip was terrible, just terrible. Hated him and wanted him to stop talking and if possible, to walk offscreen. Biggest thing I disliked about the movie.

Rico was funny at times. He was pretty good. When Napolean chucked that fruit at him before being chased, I thought it was funny.

Deb was cool, I'd like to have my portrait taken by her. lol

The movie DOES have a great message about friendship so I applaud it for that but as far as entertainment value, it wasn't really my thing. Not something I would watch more than once or twice.

Exhaust Port
06-24-2005, 06:48 AM
I finally saw this movie a few nights ago. Actually I just bought the DVD after everyone kept telling me to just buy it, so I did. I really liked ND, a great movie. It'll take a few more viewings to find my favorite quotes but a few got me right from the beginning. My favorite has to be Rex, from Rex Kwan Do.

"Do you see what I'm wearing? Do you think anyone would want to get a roundhouse kick to the head from someone wearing these?!"

"Break the wrist, walk away."

"Strength of the Bear. Reflexes of the Puma. Wisdom of a Man."

:D

CaptainSolo1138
06-24-2005, 08:01 AM
I finally saw this movie a few nights ago. Actually I just bought the DVD after everyone kept telling me to just buy it, so I did. I really liked ND, a great movie.:D
That's really surprising. You seem to have bucked the trend that I noticed. Everyone (for a few monthes, at least) quoted and referenced ND soooooo much that people who hadn't seen it decided that they must and were let down by the fact that it is a dumb movie (I happen to like and appreciate dumb movies. You know, the ones that are funny for reasons you can't explain.).

Exhaust Port
06-24-2005, 08:25 AM
I think my lack of TV watching and little if no exposure to friends who had seen the movie kept me from being spoiled. I also think my personal humor style helped a lot in my finding ND entertaining.

Slicker
06-24-2005, 08:38 AM
Napoleon Dynamite definitely takes a certain person to get the humor in the movie. I still watch that movie at once every week or so so I don't forget the lines and I still quote from it...constantly.

megaprime33
06-24-2005, 09:37 AM
I've seen the movie twice so far. I thought it was decent and had some funny moments the first time I saw and thought it was "eh" the second time. I really don't get why people think it's such a great great movie. When you think about it, there really is no story there. It's like Seinfeld, it's a movie about nothing.

El Chuxter
06-24-2005, 12:06 PM
It was a dumb movie. Some great one-liners without an actual film to hold them together.

2-1B
06-25-2005, 12:57 AM
I happen to like and appreciate dumb movies.

Me too, I just don't think this is one of them. lol

and what's all this talk about it not having a plot ? or a story ? :confused:

I didn't even LIKE this movie all that much but I thought it had a pretty sweet and kindhearted meaning to it about friendship, yet I see so many people raving about how "funny" it is even though they claim it doesn't really have a point ? :confused:

Tonysmo
06-26-2005, 03:18 AM
I liked it.. okay okay.. I loved it.

you see..
Its friggin orginal. Ive never seen another movie to portray a character with those mannerisms. All of characters were great.

Its not lewd or dirty. Do you know how friggin hard it is to find a FUNNY movie I can watch with my kid that has no cussing, no boob grabbing or anything like that? GOSH!

plain n simple, its a cute movie that people can relate to, ie frindships, geekyness, big brothers, all that.. such a small town feel to it. hmm.. innocent. thats what Im looking for. Napoleon was soooo innocent, that it made for a good movie cause he was just being himself.

The whole movie was hilarious. Im bummed I didnt figure this out until the DVD came out.

Ill give this movie :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard:

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

Kidhuman
06-26-2005, 11:54 AM
SMo yesterday at my job some dude called in and his name was Talon, thats all I said for the rest of the day.

2-1B
06-26-2005, 03:49 PM
Last night on ESPN Radio they were promoting tonight's end of the Subway Series for Sunday Night Baseball and when the announcer read the starting pitchers (Pedro Martinez is pitching for the Mets tonight) the guy then said "I'll vote for Pedro."

Funny. lol

Tonysmo
06-27-2005, 12:21 AM
I wore my Vote For Pedro shirt to six flags last week and had a few girls come up to me and compliment me on it.. :D

the wife was not thrilled.. :(

scruffziller
06-27-2005, 10:19 AM

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-27-2005, 01:49 PM
I wore my Vote For Pedro shirt to six flags last week and had a few girls come up to me and compliment me on it.. :D

I've had that shirt for a while now and people STILL comment on it. "Yes, thanks, haha, yeah, 'Dang!," yeah . . ." :dead:

:D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-05-2005, 09:46 PM
Last night on ESPN Radio they were promoting tonight's end of the Subway Series for Sunday Night Baseball and when the announcer read the starting pitchers (Pedro Martinez is pitching for the Mets tonight) the guy then said "I'll vote for Pedro."

Funny. lol

Someone came in two weeks ago and bought a birthday cake and wanted written on it, "Vote For Pedro!"

Exhaust Port
07-05-2005, 11:29 PM
Sweet! :D :D

Eternal Padawan
07-06-2005, 09:56 PM
This is one of the unfunniest films of all time. I snickered. Once. Let me just put it in perspective.

Super Troopers, Big Lebowski, and Monty Python are at the funny end of the spectrum and Napoleon Dynamite, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, and holocaust documentaries are at the unfunny end of the spectrum.

El Chuxter
07-07-2005, 11:26 AM
Super Troopers, Big Lebowski, and Monty Python are at the funny end of the spectrum and Napoleon Dynamite, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, and holocaust documentaries are at the unfunny end of the spectrum.

But what about a Holocaust sort-of comedy, like Life Is Beautiful?

General_Grievous
07-11-2005, 10:05 AM
Dude, Life is Beautiful was a sad movie. Didn't you see the ending??

Anyway, I've come here in this thread today to tell you all that I've converted (and not to Scientology, either). I once was bored by Napoleon Dynamite, but now I love it. Here's how it happened. I was on vacation and the resort I stayed at had a Pay Per View type of thing. They had newer movies that I had seen already and older movies they had (like Spider-Man 2 and Napoleon) were available as a 24-hour block for $2.95 per movie. I thought, "What the hell. I may as well give ND another chance." By the second viewing, I grew to appreciate it more and more. Rex Kwon Do was my favorite character, bar none. But after repeated viewings, I grew to like this movie. For me, it was one of those movies where you don't appreciate it after seeing it multiple times. I don't have the DVD yet, but I did buy it for my PSP. But I think I'm the first person to have once hated the movie but now love it.

BTW, does anyone have a Rex Kwon Do pic I can use as an avatar?

Exhaust Port
07-11-2005, 12:21 PM
Rex Kwon Do was my favorite character, bar none.

Enjoy. :D

http://www.dragonimpact.com/rex/

General_Grievous
07-11-2005, 07:59 PM
Hey, that's pretty cool. But does anyone have any pics they can scan of Rex for me? I've searched google and altavista, and I haven't found any Rex pics.

Exhaust Port
07-11-2005, 10:46 PM
You're right, it's impossible to find any Rex Kwan Do pictures. I don't have a DVD player on my computer so I can't do any screen grabs for you. Sorry.

JimJamBonds
07-11-2005, 11:18 PM
Does anybody have any scans of a liger? Actually there really are such a thing! Also leopons, pumapards, are real too! It reminds me of that episode of South Park with that mad scientist who kept combining animals! http://www.lairweb.org.nz/tiger/hybrids.html

Rocketboy
07-12-2005, 10:21 AM
A real liger or Napoleon's liger?

JimJamBonds
07-12-2005, 10:25 AM
A real liger or Napoleon's liger?

I was able to find both when I fired up the ol' Google machine.

Exhaust Port
07-12-2005, 12:06 PM
Does anybody have any scans of a liger? Actually there really are such a thing! Also leopons, pumapards, are real too! It reminds me of that episode of South Park with that mad scientist who kept combining animals! http://www.lairweb.org.nz/tiger/hybrids.html

The website fails to mention that they are bred for their skills in magic. :)

JimJamBonds
07-12-2005, 12:11 PM
The website fails to mention that they are bred for their skills in magic. :)

Very true, sadly the site doesn't have pencil sketches of ligers either. :confused: lol

rich_of_the_dead
09-25-2005, 09:37 PM
this was beyond a doubt the worst movie ever made i actually smashed my tv half was though it.what were they thinking letting this crap be made?:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :whip: :whip: :whip: :upset: :upset: :upset: :upset: :upset: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

plasticfetish
09-25-2005, 09:46 PM
Before a million people jump in and say what a fool you are for hating "Napoleon Dynamite", I'd like to chime in saying that I thought it was painful to watch. I turned it off and returned it to the store after about 30 minutes... and I rarely do that.

(And with that, this thread should probably be moved to the "Movies" section.)

JimJamBonds
09-25-2005, 10:34 PM
When I saw the trailer for ND I thought it looked pretty good....well a year later I can say that there are some good bits in it and some funny lines.... other then that I'm not so sure. I have yet to watch it a second time so perhaps I'll like it better at this point I'd say it didn't live up to the trailer.

Kidhuman
09-25-2005, 10:55 PM
To each there own, I liked the movie and have seen it multiple times.

2-1B
09-25-2005, 11:28 PM
(And with that, this thread should probably be moved to the "Movies" section.)

While at it, go ahead and merge it with the other thread already in existence.

And if we're going that far, maybe correctly spell "nepolean" in the heading. lol

On the whole I didn't think it was that great but it sure did have some moments.

Meh.

Mandalorian Candidat
09-25-2005, 11:43 PM
I'm living in Utah right now, the home of the makers of Nappy-D, and it's bigger than friggin green jello with carrot slivers (the state food). The Utah State Fair had commercials running nonstop with Napoleon and Pedro and some guy carved a Napoleon-themed maze out of a corn field. How's that for fanaticism?

You can't swing a dead cat by the tail without hitting some lame-o Napoleon quote spouting dweeb up here.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-25-2005, 11:53 PM
While at it, go ahead and merge it with the other thread already in existence.

Heck Yes, I'll merge it! Gosh! :thumbsup:

2-1B
09-26-2005, 12:06 AM
Hey Guyute, you have some sweet thread merging skills. lol lol lol

JimJamBonds
09-26-2005, 12:10 AM
And some pretty sweet tar picking skills.

CaptainSolo1138
09-26-2005, 07:04 AM
I liked it the couple times I saw it, but I'm definitley over it.:ermm:

Exhaust Port
09-26-2005, 08:43 AM
I'm living in UtaThe Utah State Fair had commercials running nonstop with Napoleon and Pedro and some guy carved a Napoleon-themed maze out of a corn field.

I came across 2 of those Utah State Fair commericals online a few days ago and they were pretty funny. 1 was ND explaining that horses were created/bred to fight off all the Sasquatches ("Did it work?" "Of course, you don't see any Sasquatches do you? Gosh!") and the other was how before the USF that the only amusement ride available was to be taped inside a large cardboard box and pushed around. Pedro proceeds to push ND in a box down stairs and the like. ("Perhaps the worse ride EVER.")

Exhaust Port
09-26-2005, 08:46 AM
Found them online....

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/906/

2-1B
09-26-2005, 12:35 PM
Are
you
gonna
eat
your
tots?

JimJamBonds
09-26-2005, 12:42 PM
Found them online....

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/906/

Those are some pretty sweet comercials. :thumbsup:

Slicker
09-26-2005, 12:49 PM
Found them online....

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/906/Oh my God that was f-ing hilarious!!

Do you see any flippin' Sasquatches?

kool-aid killer
09-26-2005, 12:52 PM
LOL. I thought those commercials were funny too. I wonder if the guy who played Napolean is worried that hes going to be typecast in similar roles or is he simply just enjoying the fame brought to him by playing Americas favorite nerd?

Mandalorian Candidat
09-27-2005, 04:16 PM
LOL. I thought those commercials were funny too. I wonder if the guy who played Napolean is worried that hes going to be typecast in similar roles or is he simply just enjoying the fame brought to him by playing Americas favorite nerd?

John Heder (I think that's his name) is in the new Reese Witherspoon movie (Just Like Heaven???) and I don't think looks anything like ND. I've heard that Heder has a twin brother or just a brother that has a close resemblence that has done some of the ND appearances, but I don't know how true that is.

2-1B
09-28-2005, 01:01 AM
JH's mouth is a dead giveaway for ND, there's no way I'll ever see him in a movie and NOT think of that goofy kid. lol lol lol

DarkArtist
09-28-2005, 11:09 AM
I have to agree with Rich of the Dead on this and say the movie was a big pile of crap. My friends kept pestering me to see the movie and how funny the movie . After paying the eight bucks to see this film my only feeling were to find the director and the lead actor and kick both their butts so that I could regain the two hours of my life lost as well as the $8 dollars.

I also agree that to each is own so this is in no way saying that everyone else is wrong. My thoughts on this movie are just massively different from those who posted their thoughts about the movie. To me the movie made no sense, had no story and was just two hours of pointless one liner jokes.

Slicker
09-28-2005, 04:24 PM
To me the movie made no sense, had no story and was just two hours of pointless one liner jokes.I think that's the reason why I like it. It doesn't have any political tones and it's just a movie that demographically shouldn't be like by young people. There's hardly any swearing and no sex at all.

Ji'dai
09-28-2005, 11:19 PM
ND reminded me of some early Coen Bros film since their movies are often populated by similar rusticated characters. I've seen it once, which was enough for me, but I thought parts of it were funny as hell. I was rolling when ND asked the chicken farmer if the birds had sharp talons.

mrmiller
10-04-2005, 10:10 PM
Woot! Found more, plus the radio ads. Check it at:

http://jakehilton.com/2005/09/02/napoleon-dynamite-videos

I gotta get the radio ads in rotation on my iPod lol

Sweet!

=MATT=

Slicker
10-05-2005, 12:04 AM
"Dear diary, Pedro's trying to steal my thunder again"

Those were flippin' sweet.

Exhaust Port
10-05-2005, 01:00 AM
Totzilla! Sweet!

2-1B
10-08-2005, 10:41 PM
Anybody watching Jon Heder on SNL ? Pretty funny opening monologue, I thought. :yes:

Leopold Samsonite ? lol lol lol

Mandalorian Candidat
10-08-2005, 11:50 PM
Anybody watching Jon Heder on SNL ? Pretty funny opening monologue, I thought. :yes:

Leopold Samsonite ? lol lol lol

That was good but so far everything else has sucked except for the pizza-wrapped taco.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-10-2005, 11:30 AM
That was good but so far everything else has sucked except for the pizza-wrapped taco.

Don't forget the blueberry pancake covering, deep fried, then put in a shopping bag with 5 cans of salsa.

JimJamBonds
10-10-2005, 12:11 PM
Don't forget the blueberry pancake covering, deep fried, then put in a shopping bag with 5 cans of salsa.

Cans? I thought they just thew the salsa in there "loose." lol

Mandalorian Candidat
10-10-2005, 04:57 PM

Aaah, the fattening of America.

I guess the whole show wasn't so bad. The Misadventures of Bill Frist and Tom DeLay was pretty good with Clinton's cameo, and Heder as the weird dredlock guy from the Black Eyed Peas was a good laugh.

UKWildcat
02-13-2006, 09:11 PM
A Napoleon Dynamite 2-disc dvd set has just been announced. :thumbsup: (see link for details)

Napoleon Dynamite: Like the Best Special Edition Ever! (http://www.davisdvd.com/news/news.html)

I actually held out on buying the original dvd so I'm really excited about this release.

El Chuxter
02-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Me, I held out on the DVD because one viewing was more than plenty. ;)

Slicker
02-14-2006, 03:39 PM
It's weird that this should come back up because I realized last night that I can't find my copy for the life of me. I think I let someone borrow it and I never got it back so now I'll have to partake in this version of it.

scruffziller
03-08-2006, 02:13 PM
Oh my God that was f-ing hilarious!!

Do you see any flippin' Sasquatches?

I lost it when his hair got taped up through the box flaps.:D

What I don't get, was how come they weren't doing it for the Idaho State Fair?

UKWildcat
05-18-2006, 09:30 PM
Anyone else pick up the new 2disc Special Edition of Napoleon Dynamite? I actually can't wait to check out the special features on this set.

I made a trip to BestBuy and picked up the gift set that included Napoleon and Kip bobbleheads (made by NECA) as well as some iPod skins. The set sells for $34.99.

Circuit City also has a gift set that includes a talking Napoleon figure and a "Vote for Pedro" T-shirt. $29.99 I believe.

and Walmart has the dvd with some sort of T-Shirt for $19.94 or whatever.

Slicker
05-19-2006, 06:02 AM
I saw that 2 disc set at WM and for whatever reason I didn't get it. I have to do some running today so I'll probably get it since that movie friggin' rocks.:yes:

Exhaust Port
05-19-2006, 09:20 AM
This is the one annoying thing about DVD's, every few years the repackage the old movie with a bunch of new stuff and I feel compelled to buy it. Darn those marketing people! I see that Princess Bride is also being re-released with a bunch of new stuff. ARgh.

With that being said, what do you folks do with your old DVD when you buy a newer version of a movie you own?

UKWildcat
05-19-2006, 10:00 AM
With that being said, what do you folks do with your old DVD when you buy a newer version of a movie you own?

It all depends. If the movie on both releases are the same, then I'll sell the older copy or give it to a friend. If the original is like the Theatrical cut and the new one is the Director's cut, Extended Cut, or has added scenes, or something to that effect, then I'll usually keep both copies. Sometimes I'll keep both copies if the commentary tracks are different too. Special features play a small role as well but usually they get carried over from the original version to the newer release. However, if there are some really good special features on the original that didn't carry over to the new release, I'll keep the original.

James Boba Fettfield
05-19-2006, 01:20 PM
I keep everything because in a past life I lived through the Depression. Twist ties, plastic bags, rubber bands, and double dipped DVDs. I keep it all.

Rocketboy
05-19-2006, 04:45 PM
I'm usually a sucker for a release like this, but despite the awesome-ness of ND, I don't really see myself picking this one up.