PDA

View Full Version : Which Boba Fett is with that Darth Vader carrying case

Darth Tornado
08-02-2004, 10:21 AM
I am not sure which boba fett that is with the DV carrying case. He looks like the 300th figure but articulated!!!!!! :eek:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-02-2004, 12:45 PM
It's not. It's the Saga/OTC version without his flame base.

What worries me is, they said that later, they're putting in different figures. I think this is their way of getting rid of figures they have stuck in their warehouses! I wonder what will come next. I also don't want to miss any good figures they're going to include, but I bet it will be (though I don't know for sure):
*C-3PO Set 2: C-3PO and R2-D2 (which I could use - I don't have the clean R2 and my C-3PO is molting)
*Vader set 2: Vader and Palpatine (which would be dumb)

Slicker
08-02-2004, 12:54 PM
If they end up pulling figures out of the warehouse we'll end up getting Zam Wessell and Jango Fett in these carrying cases.

jedi-cpa
08-02-2004, 12:59 PM
These will probably be packed like the 3 saga figs with lightsaber...you'll get whatever...

I am feeling not so compelled to buy these, although the Vader inside case looks different than my vintage one, and the 3po is a different color than my vintage one but the same as the talking POTF2 one...I am so torn.

TheDarthVader
08-02-2004, 02:44 PM
Is this a new carrying case? I have not heard about or seen a picture of this case. Could someone post a picture? I'm a big DV fan.

B.
TDV

Kidhuman
08-02-2004, 11:21 PM
Is this a new carrying case? I have not heard about or seen a picture of this case. Could someone post a picture? I'm a big DV fan.

B.
TDV

Here ya go

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.headlines/id.1081/dn/default.cfm

B'Omarr Monkey
08-04-2004, 09:12 PM
I'm passing on these. As I said in another thread, these carrying cases are the perfect way to give us background characters and make us spend $20 for them. The carrying cases from the 90s came with Wedge, then the Scanning Trooper. Why not give us a rebel technician and a cantina patron, or a new ewok and a new droid (even an astromech repaint)?

Maybe Hasbro actually sees these as selling more to kids (which I thing is a reasonable assumption on something like this) who only have a handful of SW figures. But why offer them the same figures that are out in abundance in the HOF and OTC waves? At least give them something that's not been recently carded. Death Star Droid with Sandtooper?

They've got to stop offering the same 20 figures again and again back to back or we're going to drown in them, the stores are going to drown in them, then it will all be over. No more stuff after ROTS.

Samuel Windu
08-05-2004, 11:27 AM
It's not. It's the Saga/OTC version without his flame base.

What worries me is, they said that later, they're putting in different figures. I think this is their way of getting rid of figures they have stuck in their warehouses! I wonder what will come next. I also don't want to miss any good figures they're going to include, but I bet it will be (though I don't know for sure):
*C-3PO Set 2: C-3PO and R2-D2 (which I could use - I don't have the clean R2 and my C-3PO is molting)
*Vader set 2: Vader and Palpatine (which would be dumb)

Thanks for let me know it's Saga Fett :) Just curious how many repacked figures are coming :mad: It's not too bad if hasbro use 2004 Saga figures,IMO :evil: Cos I just have a few of them :D

bigbarada
08-05-2004, 03:24 PM
I'll get the Darth Vader carrying case, since I've never had that one. I think it would be a hoot though if Hasbro decided to put a vac-metalized gold coating on the Vader case. Similar to those prototype cases that were floating around Kenner offices in the 1980s.

TheDarthVader
08-05-2004, 07:13 PM
That case looks great. I think I am going to buy one. It's an exclusive too...you gotta be kiding me! That is an extra bonus. I don't care about the crappy re-released figures. But that case is too cool. I never got the vintage one. (I was too young).

B.
TDV