PDA

View Full Version : Some questions here from a newbie

zachatack
08-03-2004, 06:43 PM
Hey all,

I am just getting back to collecting SW and have decided to just start with the OTC line. Just a couple of questions. Are most of the sculpts here just recycled ones, or have they all been tweaked a little. I usually open my figures and am wondering if there is a difference between these and the older ones.

Also, where is the best place to preorder the Jawa Sandcrawler. Through the store at www.starwars.com ? I am so out of the loop. Thanks for those who answer.

mark2d2
08-03-2004, 08:33 PM
Welcome back to the hobby. Hope this helps.

Other than the Bespin (Lobot, Leia, Cloud Car Pilot) and Dagoba (Luke, Artoo, Spirit of Obiwan, Yoda) waves -- all of the OTC figs are re-issues of previous sculpts. Many of the paint jobs, however, have been updated. (Jawas, Greedo, Tusken Raider, just to name a few.)

The VOTC are all new sculpts on very, very cool retro vintage cards.

The Sandcrawler is available many places. I placed a pre-order through Action Figure Express for $54.99. But I've seen it some other threads about where to get it cheaper. You might want to do a search in the threads at Rebelscum.com. I think I saw a thread on this over there a while back.

zachatack
08-03-2004, 10:46 PM
Thanks Mark,

I had a chance to pick up #10-20 along with Luke #6. I thought the Leia and Lobot scultps looked new. I knew I recognized Boba Fett from the Saga line, but wondered about Vader. Was that the same removable sculpt from the POTF2 line?

Thanks for all the info.

Kidhuman
08-03-2004, 10:49 PM
There are two or three Vaders in the OTC line, all of which are re-issues. The Hoth Vader has some snow on the boots and cape, so I will be picking that one up.