PDA

View Full Version : VOTC Spotlight: Boba Fett

Kidhuman
08-03-2004, 10:59 PM
Hasbro has just put the spotlight (http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.headlines/id.1083/dn/default.cfm) on Boba Fett. 18 pouints of articulation. My god this is awesome.

mark2d2
08-03-2004, 11:38 PM
Nice. Very nice. Can't wait to see how the cloth cape is. :D

Deoxyribonucleic
08-04-2004, 12:28 AM
this picture looks much better than how he was looking at comic con. I don't know, maybe it was the light or something but he looked so bulky and huge at the con, but he looks sleak and ready for action here :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-04-2004, 11:01 AM
Yeah, this is great. Those hose things sound awesome! Why can't all the figures have 18 points of articulation? This totally blows the 300 version to smithereens!

bigbarada
08-04-2004, 12:03 PM
Very nice.....very, VERY nice.

(although I was kind of hoping that Hasbro would use the ROTJ "Desert Scene" reference photo)

Anyways, this is another figure on my "MustBuy2" list.

Well, technically, all the VOTC are on my MustBuy2 list, but Boba here (along with Chewie and Vader) take priority over the rest.

JediTricks
08-04-2004, 03:26 PM
This looks nice, but I was impressed with it at SDCC. Dunno about the white base color though, but the rest looks like pretty much what I'd want from a Boba Fett figure.

bigbarada
08-04-2004, 03:42 PM
This looks nice, but I was impressed with it at SDCC. Dunno about the white base color though, but the rest looks like pretty much what I'd want from a Boba Fett figure.

I was wondering about the white base color also, since all previous Boba Fetts have used a blueish gray. But the Unleashed Boba has a white jumpsuit also. Personally I think it looks cool, but am unsure about the reasoning behind the color change.

TheDarthVader
08-04-2004, 04:32 PM
Very nice...can't believe they made a better Boba than the 300th version. (Or so it seems to me). I am going to buy 1 of each VOTC so I was definitely going to get this one...now I might get 2 so I can open one. :)

B.
TDV

Samuel Windu
08-05-2004, 10:20 AM
That's awesome.Will get 2 of this.

Knightfall
08-05-2004, 01:03 PM
this is the best Boba Fett ever! Looks like he completely blows away every other version. Maybe the best of the VOTC.

vadersvette
08-05-2004, 01:39 PM
I agree, Boba looks 110% better here than at ComiCon (maybe it's because the rangefinder is not missing on his helmet :D lol :D ) I'm gonna have to buy another one to open :greedy: :greedy: :greedy:

JediTricks
08-05-2004, 08:42 PM
I honestly can't think of a good reason why they'd go with this white base, maybe the OT DVDs are changing his colors or something. It does give it a little more of a vintage feel though (like how '78 Walrusman looked nothing like the guy from the neck down ;)), perhaps that's it.

JabbaGlob
08-12-2004, 12:41 PM
This Boba Fett is my most anticipated VOTC and Hasbro has yet to dissappoint. I've been less than thrilled with every Fett Hasbro has offered (the 300th has a superior sculpt but was only good for one pose IMO) but now I finally get the Fett I've always dreamed of.

Ryo826
08-13-2004, 04:43 PM
I can't wait till this comes out, it looks to be the best Boba Fett ever. Anyone have any more pics of this? Besides the pics from that show when it was first shown.

JediTricks
08-17-2004, 11:00 PM
Well, opening the 12" OTC Fett I got the other day, I noticed that the vintage-homage box had stills from ESB that look to have been taken on the set, and that the jumpsuit was white in these stills. Now, I don't actually know if these stills were taken before wardrobe changed the costume's color, but I suspect that it's the same outfit as in the movie itself and that the problem here is that the still camera and lights made the jumpsuit fabric look white while the movie camera and lights made it look gray - in which case, Hasbro is basing the figure's outfit colors on how the prop was rather than how it looked in the film. This would not be the first time that happened.